GDT: Quarterfinal: Canada-Finland

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Canada... Off to see if Latvia can pull this off! Sorry Finland... You are outstanding.... Just a bad matchup for quarters. I wouldn't really change a thing

Reactions: jj cale

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Well, you can't win every year. I didn't have that high hopes for this year anyway; something about the team seemed off and our finishing was poor.

Congratulations to Canada, worked very hard and deserved the win! Beware of USA, their team seems to be a real deal this year.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, good game Finland, Some days you win, some you lose . I've been on the other end with you guys plenty of times. Respect

Congrats to the the boys, all I asked of them was to give it their all after that Norway game and they have absolutely delivered.

Extra props to Monty............player of the game and our M.V..P so far hands down.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, you can't win every year. I didn't have that high hopes for this year anyway; something about the team seemed off and our finishing was poor.

Congratulations to Canada, worked very hard and deserved the win! Beware of USA, their team seems to be a real deal this year.
Both Canada and the U.S have to win their semis first, and as you can see today that is hardly assured.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Hate to be right about it, but I said it here just before the tournament, that I had a really bad feeling about this year’s team Finland. It went pretty much how I was afraid it would go. But hey, it wasn’t really that good team on paper even, so I wonder why some people were really so confident about Finland winning again? Jalonen was also way too stubborn this time. Manninen and Rantanen should have been broken as a tandem already in the beginning of the tournament, as there was absolutely no chemistry between them. It shows also that even how good a player is in the NHL it won’t guarantee anything very special in the European top competition. You need line chemistry and team chemistry. The individual skill level difference in today’s hockey isn’t even close to as big as some people seem to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad