GDT: Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Canada 4, Switzerland 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyke*

I haven't watched enough Roy to corroborate that, but he has had 3 poor games this tournament and has been projecting very unconvincing body language.

It's a tough call honestly. Both guys have shown flashes of brilliance in the past, and that's the reason they are on this team. However, in a short term tournament, when both netminders are fighting the puck, it's difficult to make a decision. I think Visentin is the guy, simply because he won today.

I think starting Visentin meant he was your guy for the rest of the tournament; and although he let in a bad goal against the Swiss, it was (despite his struggles) the only goal.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Those wanting Roy tomorrow night should prepare for disappointment. This isn't even a discussion point in my opinion. It's clearly Visentin from here on in.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
You wrote; "look at your coach", what did you mean by that then?

I'll let you figure that out. All I'm going to say is you guys would know all about classlessness. Just look at who is coaching you. It was a preliminary game and yeah it was big I just found it tasteless. You would never hear our coach come out and say well we faced harder competition before when there is a good chance the two teams face each other again. It just becomes bulletin material for the other team. Your coach is an idiot.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I'll let you figure that out. All I'm going to say is you guys would know all about classlessness. Just look at who is coaching you. It was a preliminary game and yeah it was big I just found it tasteless. You would never hear our coach come out and say well we faced harder competition before when there is a good chance the two teams face each other again. It just becomes bulletin material for the other team. Your coach is an idiot.

Learn something about the media and sensationalism.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009

Yeah, refusing to shake hands after the game is way more of a class act :shakehead

I guess the handshake procedure is only important when Canada win, yes?

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
I'll let you figure that out. All I'm going to say is you guys would know all about classlessness. Just look at who is coaching you.

Yeah i know that Rönn... something, guy. He said that Canada didn't play as well as the Czech or the Russians. What a classless piece of ****. I mean, how are people even alowed to say that about Canada? We are the single most awesome country on the face of the earth, and every one else don't get us or are just wrong when arguing against us. They should be banned from hockey, because it's our game and i think that we should have the authority to decide who gets to play with us!

I usually stick up for Canadian hockey fans on the internet as well as in real life because i think that much of the criticism they recieve is very one eyed. But what some of you don't realise is that other people precieve you as just as trolly and biased as you precieve them.

Maybee try and go from there?

Last edited:

Levizk

Feb 12, 2007
Monroeville, PA
Canada will be bringing back the Gold to the rightful owners.

It's mighty nice of the Canadians to present the medals to the winners of this years tournament. It'll help smooth over that whole hacker hellstorm incident that occurred many years ago that's for sure.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
We are the single most awesome country on the face of the earth, and every one else don't get us or are just wrong when arguing against us. They should be banned from hockey, because it's hour game and i think it we should have the authority to decide who gets to play with us!

Now that is sooooooooo funny, great logic, spelling and grammar, eh?

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Now that is sooooooooo funny, great logic, spelling and grammar, eh?

Haha. I probably should read what i write two times before i post. But to be honest it happens when i write in swedish too.

And it was irony if you didn't get that.

marty 4 hart*

Yeah i know that Rönn... something, guy. He said that Canada didn't play as well as the Czech or the Russians. What a classless piece of ****. I mean, how are people even alowed to say that about Canada? We are the single most awesome country on the face of the earth, and every one else don't get us or are just wrong when arguing against us. They should be banned from hockey, because it's our game and i think that we should have the authority to decide who gets to play with us!

I usually stick up for Canadian hockey fans on the internet as well as in real life because i think that much of the criticism they recieve is very one eyed. But what some of you don't realise is that other people precieve you as just as trolly and biased as you precieve them.Maybee try and go from there?

Canadian fans are passionate. We feel that hockey is a Canadian game. And I think that people love to hate on Canada because Canada dominates so much.

Luuuuuuu

Jan 2, 2011
Canadian fans are passionate. We feel that hockey is a Canadian game. And I think that people love to hate on Canada because Canada dominates so much.
I don't know how much we dominate really. We lost to the United States last year in the Juniors and it was really close for the Gold at the Olympics over the USA. I do though have to agree that we are much more passionate about the game of hockey than the USA.

KristoLeblanc*

Am I terribly off the track by saying Leblanc is Canada's best forward in the tournament after Brayden Schenn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad