GDT: Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Canada 4, Switzerland 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
a player cant be the player of game 2 times in a row. That's probably why Conz is not the player of the game, but im not sure if he was the last game.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Lucky with the officiating today and meeting an offensively challenged team. The US will most probably win easily tomorrow, they're better at every position.
Roger Ronnberg is that you?

Will be a close game and an entertaining one at that. You guys just better hope that if you draw the Russians, that your goalie stands on his head again.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I woudln't be so eager to "Bring on the USA"

The USA is undefeated and has a dangerously good goaltender in Campbell. The Canadians seem to be stable at goaltending now with Visentin.

It should be a good game. I look forward to it tomorrow

That's bold. Visentin was a bit messy today to say the least. I literally can't remember a single legit scoring chance that the Swiss had. Either way Canada and the USA have been very underwhelming so far in this tournament in my opinion. Tomorrow night should be very interesting.

Jordan Eberle

Jan 10, 2010
Canada
I'm just worried about the goalies tomorrow. Campbell has been great for the states and both of ours have had a shaky tournament

marty 4 hart*

Chanting that with the swiss still on the ice, whos classless :biglaugh:

Sweden is classless, not Canada. They disrespected Canada. Canadian fans are just passionate. Hockey is our passion. And hockey is a Canadian game. Stop hating.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
The Canada/USA ***** fest has officially begun...

michaeljacksonthrillere.gif

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
That's bold. Visentin was a bit messy today to say the least. I literally can't remember a single legit scoring chance that the Swiss had. Either way Canada and the USA have been very underwhelming so far in this tournament in my opinion. Tomorrow night should be very interesting.

Switzerland did not have a single clean shot on net, from what I recall. Their best opportunity was a backhand from the slot in the third period, which Visentin handled cleanly. They had another similar opportunity, which Visentin misplayed (the one which rolled off his back), but it was hardly a threatening play.

I think you have to go back with Visentin tomorrow night. He never looked settled in this match, but I think Roy is mentally finished after the horror against Sweden.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I think you have to go back with Visentin tomorrow night. He never looked settled in this match, but I think Roy is mentally finished after the horror against Sweden.

Actually, there's probably no goalie in the CHL I'd trust to rebound after a stinker of a game than Roy. He's streaky, yes, but he always seems to follow up bad games with a string of great ones.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He said that Russia and the Czech's were better against Sweden, than Canada were. How is that trash-talking? He was 100% right, should he have lied to not risk offending the giant in hockey?:help:

I was talking about him calling the fans classless. He mentioned they were when they were chanting We Want USA. How in the world is that being classless, it just shows confidence and passion.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Actually, there's probably no goalie in the CHL I'd trust to rebound after a stinker of a game than Roy. He's streaky, yes, but he always seems to follow up bad games with a string of great ones.

I haven't watched enough Roy to corroborate that, but he has had 3 poor games this tournament and has been projecting very unconvincing body language.

It's a tough call honestly. Both guys have shown flashes of brilliance in the past, and that's the reason they are on this team. However, in a short term tournament, when both netminders are fighting the puck, it's difficult to make a decision. I think Visentin is the guy, simply because he won today.

marty 4 hart*

He said that Russia and the Czech's were better against Sweden, than Canada were. How is that trash-talking? He was 100% right, should he have lied to not risk offending the giant in hockey?:help:

He was classless. Canada is the best hockeynation in the world, and he was bashing Canada.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I was talking about him calling the fans classless. He mentioned they were when they were chanting We Want USA. How in the world is that being classless, it just shows confidence and passion.

You wrote; "look at your coach", what did you mean by that then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad