GDT: Quarterfinal • Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

matzz

Dec 28, 2013
Finland
I hope Finland wins this, i want to see more games with Laine Aho Puljujärvi line. I guess Canada will bring up a tempo Finlands has not seen yet this tournament, will be tough game.

S A W F T*

Hopefully NHLN switches from this Sweden/Slovakia game to Finland/Canada once it starts.

Slovakia has no chance and I'm going to be pissed if I miss another Puljujarvi game.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Listening to Lowry talk it matches his personnel decisions, just stunned and so far in over his head

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
So I'm guessing most folks figure this is Finland's game to lose?

Who would have thought the day would come when Canada would be considered the underdog against Finland....

Going to be a great game!!! (I hope)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If I were to place a bet on this one, my money would be on Finland. We're just not a strong team this year. Lack of offense, terrible coaching, and a lot of inexperienced guys on the roster. It's just not our year.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
So I'm guessing most folks figure this is Finland's game to lose?

Who would have thought the day would come when Canada would be considered the underdog against Finland....

Going to be a great game!!! (I hope)

This team would be a huge underdog vs Finland, Russia, Sweden or USA.

They could possibly squeak by the Czechs or Slovaks but that's about it.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I'm cautiously optimistic. However I fear our defense stands no chance against Canada if they are on their game, whereas Canada's defense is probably better than anything we've faced so far. Hoping for at least an exciting game.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
This team would be a huge underdog vs Finland, Russia, Sweden or USA.

They could possibly squeak by the Czechs or Slovaks but that's about it.

Russia actually hasn't looked that great either. I would group them as,

Sweden USA

Finland
Canada Russia
Czech Slovakia

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
I hope Finland wins this, i want to see more games with Laine Aho Puljujärvi line. I guess Canada will bring up a tempo Finlands has not seen yet this tournament, will be tough game.

Me too. Btw, If Finland would lose, have they done away with those funky placement games they used to have?

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I hope the Finns are healthy now and recovered from the flu and hopefully an interesting game with the better end for the finns.:)

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
I think that Canada will come out guns blazing. I have a bad feeling about this game. Hope that i am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad