GDT: Quarterfinal • Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Refs will screw Canada. Blackwood will be avg and we lose 7-4....at leats we have an excuse

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Hoping for a tight game.

Canada is my favourite nation after my homecountry. So if we lose once more in this tournament, im happy if it will be against Canada. Got even some canadian relatives from my grandmothers side.

Hopefully they will provide us an entertaining and exciting game!

Go Finland! :handclap:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Strome and Crouse can't skate with Finland's top line, they shouldn't be considered for shutdown duties. Stephens was great in the shutdown role against the Americans until Lowry gave up in the 3rd period for some reason. Beauvillier/Stephens/Konecny would be a perfect shutdown line and they can generate offence. Crouse could also slot in as a big body and won't be relied on to skate north-south.

Don't want to lose, but don't want to beat the hometown Fins.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
How can I watch this game in the US? NHL network has Sweden vs Slovakia on followed by replay of Russia vs Denmark, very weird...

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Easy win for Canada. Unlike Finland, they least have a whole team.

Canada 7-2 Overhyped diarrhea

Wow. I hope the Finns in this thread don't assume this is what most of us believe. Most people I have spoken to are terrified of playing Finland. We respect the team.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Virtanen Crouse and Strome against Laine Pulju and Aho.

Oh god I hope the Finns don't run up the score too much, this is going to be ugly.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
This is the first time since 1998 when our squad could really be called a nothing team.

No line that excites, no standout players. Just complete mediocrity all around.

S A W F T*

This is the first time since 1998 when our squad could really be called a nothing team.

But but but Marner had that one big hit that one time.

carlweezer*

Blackwood has been bad. Need him to be solid tnt. Canada needs to walk that line of being physical but being disciplined.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012

It's a team of individuals. There is no chemistry among any of them. It's been really disappointing to watch. There is talent on this roster but they haven't been able to put it together. A part of the blame has to go on coaching. There is no way this many players on this team should be underperforming.

He's a Finn.

That makes more sense lol. I am on my phone so I can't see avatars etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad