GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • United States vs. Czech Republic • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't know why anyone would be surprised if the Czechs beat us. They're a good team. USA deserves to be the clear favorites but that doesn't mean it'd be some upset if the Czechs win. Their defense and goaltending likely won't hold up, but we've given some good opportunities to opposing teams.

Something doesn't compute...

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
We can call it a minor upset, definitely not a major. Czechs can do it
as you already may have found out.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
This could be a great game. I think Pavelec will be the deciding factor.

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
45 minutes to go. Thank god I found a good TSN stream, would've preferred Nbc though but hey, better than the BBC guy, or this Spanish bonehead.

I just really hope the Russia result is a proper warning.

Go USA

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
The Czechs have been a little streaky. A Plekanec, Cervenka, Jagr, Hemsy and Krecji on their game is scary, like what happened against the Slovaks. However, it seems that they haven't been too consistent and Jagr looks like he is falling apart.

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
For some reason I have a very haunting feeling about Hemsky. Hopefully we don't take the Czechs too lightly, they play a better team game than the Russians.

AHB*

45 minutes to go. Thank god I found a good TSN stream, would've preferred Nbc though but hey, better than the BBC guy, or this Spanish bonehead.

I just really hope the Russia result is a proper warning.

Go USA

Finns are one of the best teams and have been better then Russia all tournament. Outside of being at home, I never understood the hype for Russia. As usual, no team chemistry, a bunch of individuals out there. They haven't been cohesive in way more then a decade now.

USA is built completely differently.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I feel sick.

I'm getting that way. Might have to drink to calm my nerves despite it being 9:20 in the morning here.

I was thinking the same thing :laugh:

"The Americans are obviously a very clear favorite, but it won't be an upset if they lose!"??

Well, if I were to put numbers on it I'd say there's a 70% chance of the USA winning. A Czech win at 30% is not too likely but not improbable either.

AHB*

I'm getting that way. Might have to drink to calm my nerves despite it being 9:20 in the morning here.

Well, if I were to put numbers on it I'd say there's a 70% chance of the USA winning. A Czech win at 30% is not too likely but not improbable either.

I'm at work. Will stream.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Czechs have been a little streaky. A Plekanec, Cervenka, Jagr, Hemsy and Krecji on their game is scary, like what happened against the Slovaks. However, it seems that they haven't been too consistent and Jagr looks like he is falling apart.

Their forwards are very solid.

Jagr, Hemsky, Plekanec, Krejci, Voracek, Elias, Michalek, Hanzal, Frolik and Erat makes their forwards among the best in this tournament.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The Czechs definitely have a chance, but I like the USA's chances against their defense/goaltending.

The Czechs definitely have the horses to make this game a shootout, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad