GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • United States vs. Czech Republic • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Nervous for this game. Believe the US can and should win, but still nervous as hell. Game is not a given; I hope (and believe) we play knowing such.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Nervous for this game. Believe the US can and should win, but still nervous as hell. Game is not a given; I hope (and believe) we play knowing such.

I'm totally looking forward to the semifinal vs. Canada.

I hope Bylsma has the team more focused on the Czechs than I am :laugh:

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Anyone know if I can get this game on the radio through my phone via TuneIn radio? I'm at work and would like to listen to the game through my phone app.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
I really hope we get some time in there zone, the last couple of games its been to much up and down.

I say the U.S. wins in a close one 3-1 on two PP goals

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Don't know why anyone would be surprised if the Czechs beat us. They're a good team. USA deserves to be the clear favorites but that doesn't mean it'd be some upset if the Czechs win. Their defense and goaltending likely won't hold up, but we've given some good opportunities to opposing teams.

nwaZ*

Suter-McDonagh... Wouldn't they be more useful on separate pairings? So good defensively I mean.

sowingseason

Jan 1, 2014
Anyone know if I can get this game on the radio through my phone via TuneIn radio? I'm at work and would like to listen to the game through my phone app.

In the NYC area it's supposedly on WFAN-AM/FM.

If not, I'd try any of these.

BUFFALO WWKB-AM 1520
ELMIRA/ CORNING WELM-AM 1410
ITHACA/ TRUMANSBURG WPIE-AM 1160
LITTLE FALLS WIXT-AM 1230
OGDENSBURG WSLB-AM 1400
PLATTSBURGH (BURLINGTON, VT)WEAV-AM 960
ROCHESTER WHTK-AM 1280
ROME WRNY-AM 1350
UTICA WTLB-AM 1310

http://westwoodonesports.com/stations/ny/oly-ice-hockey/#sthash.vOuJJ5Mm.dpuf

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I wish Hertl played this game so he could tell Brown to **** off :laugh:

I'm very nervous though, could end up anyhow.. Unfortunately even as a blow out.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
In the NYC area it's supposedly on WFAN-AM/FM.

If not, I'd try any of these.

BUFFALO WWKB-AM 1520
ELMIRA/ CORNING WELM-AM 1410
ITHACA/ TRUMANSBURG WPIE-AM 1160
LITTLE FALLS WIXT-AM 1230
OGDENSBURG WSLB-AM 1400
PLATTSBURGH (BURLINGTON, VT)WEAV-AM 960
ROCHESTER WHTK-AM 1280
ROME WRNY-AM 1350
UTICA WTLB-AM 1310

http://westwoodonesports.com/stations/ny/oly-ice-hockey/#sthash.vOuJJ5Mm.dpuf

Okay thanks. I live on Long Island and I was listening to the FAN earlier and I thought they said Jeters retirement press conference was going to be on. Could be wrong though.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Are these lines accurate? Why would Pacioretty be back in? Wheeler had fantastic shifts with Backes and Oshie. Stepan makes for a better 7th forward.

sowingseason

Jan 1, 2014
Okay thanks. I live on Long Island and I was listening to the FAN earlier and I thought they said Jeters retirement press conference was going to be on. Could be wrong though.

They may not have rights to the streaming of the games, since it's owned by Westwood One and not the stations themselves. I saw upthread someone said TSN will be broadcasting it and they're on TuneIn.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
USA F lines vs CZE: Brown-Backes-Callahan; Parise-Kesler-Kane; JVR-Pavelski-Kessel; Pacioretty-Stastny-Oshie; Wheeler

USA D vs. CZE: Fowler-Shattenkirk; Orpik-Martin; Suter-McDonagh; Carlson. Quick in goal; Miller backup.

https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/436115017734578176
https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/436114405911453696

Like it for the most part. I would swap Shatty and McD.

I'm happy with those fwd lines but I'd rather the Backes line be the "4th line" and not the Stastny line.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Hope we Americans tighten up our game and don't get lazy with decisions with the puck.

The Czechs might have a bunch of buffoons at the top, but Pleks-Jagr is not to be underestimated in this tournament. Plekanec is especially underrated, since he rarely gets to display his skill game in front of an NHL audience because one, his right winger in Gionta has no creativity or magic like Jagr, and two, he is asked to shut down opposing lines, so he has to play conservative.

Another dangerous Czech is Ales Hemsky.

Last edited:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Hope we Americans tighten up are game and don't get lazy with decisions with the puck.

The Czechs might have a bunch of buffoons at the top, but Pleks-Jagr is not to be underestimated in this tournament. Plekanec is especially underrated, since he rarely gets to display his skill game in front of an NHL audience because one, his right winger in Gionta has no creativity or magic like Jagr, and two, he is asked to shut down opposing lines, so he has to play conservative.

Another dangerous Czech is Ales Hemsky.

Czechs could definitely win. A big upset but not on a Slovenia or Latvia level.

Czechs lineup basically looks like a borderline playoff NHL team, while the US team looks like an All Star team.

Is that even? No, but the difference isn't so great that an upset can't happen. They need Ondrej to stand on his head.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Are these lines accurate? Why would Pacioretty be back in? Wheeler had fantastic shifts with Backes and Oshie. Stepan makes for a better 7th forward.

It would be Pacioretty, Stastny, and Oshie. No, they didn't score, but they did managed to generate a solid cycle game in their own end. I suspect Pacioretty was benched just to kick the tires on Stepan and to wake him up so he doesn't take another bad penalty that could screw us over. Or maybe they just wanted to rest him since he might be nursing a hidden injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad