GDT: Quarter Final: Finland Vs United States | 11:30AM EST 5:30PM CET | FIN 1 - 0 USA

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Lmao. One of the worst takes i've seen in a while.

An elbow to the head isn't dirty. Ok.

I mean, go and watch the replay. He barely touched him. And the Fin player got up on his own perfectly fine without the help of a trainer......

If a guy can get up without the help of a trainer and skate to the bench, I find it extremely soft to lay on the ice like your out cold for 2 minutes. It just makes you look like a wimp

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Easy win.... back to back eliminating usa from WJC..... no question which the superior country is... so whose next? Gold medal is coming
settle down … jeeze winning 3 golds in 6 years have made some finnsh fans on here unbearable.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Caufield is one of the most prolific goal scorers in USA junior history. Not to mention he’s one of the best scorers in college as a freshman which is extremely rare. If people are judging players on one tournament good or bad then they’re doing it wrong.

The more he plays against older players the more invisible he becomes.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
One last point.. it’s funny no one complains about how Finland plays international hockey, they even get praised for it. My NJD in their championship days perfected this style and were accused of ruining the league and boring play.
It's all relative to the roster you have. Finland won in 2016 with pretty much an opposite style of play because it suited that team.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I'd say I respect your opinion, but that it is flat out wrong so I can't. :thumbu:

The players handing out giveaways were the top line. Pinto had several selfish and moronic turnovers. Robertson had a couple, especially one coming out of the defensive zone.
This will blow your mind, but it is possible that one player handed out giveaways AND another player also handed out giveaways. The stipulation creates no logical fallacy.

Covay

May 25, 2019
Fyi Oden said on Finnish TV in post-game interview very diplomatically that it "felt great" scoring against his "other home country" (he has double citizenship). Maybe a good role model for some of the discussion here.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I mean, go and watch the replay. He barely touched him. And the Fin player got up on his own perfectly fine without the help of a trainer......

If a guy can get up without the help of a trainer and skate to the bench, I find it extremely soft to lay on the ice like your out cold for 2 minutes. It just makes you look like a wimp
Regardless of the actual hit and its ramifications, why are you defending the decision to actively trying to hurt a player when you know the puck is in the other end of the rink and the game is just about over?

Reactions: NinjaKick

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
Annunen is basically playing like a borderline generational goalie right now. It pains me to say it as a swede, but he might win them gold on his own.

I´ve read some of your posts and based on that the bolded part is as true as it gets.

Reactions: AB13

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019

He got elbowed in the face, what are you even talking about.

I'd say elbowing someone in the face when there's 2 seconds left in the clock makes you a wimp, but hey, that's just me.

Reactions: Keke and NinjaKick

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Fully agreed. I didn't like any of his line combos or usage in general. The talent was there, the pieces were not fitting. Plus hero hockey in the 3rd was not working, draw up better plays.

I would say the defence was the weakest in recent memory, no real standout or stud on the blue line, not even a dominant top pair. but in saying that, I still think with a better coach, the team medals 100%.

Knight is outstanding, I was very impressed.

Agree with most of what you say however I think there coaching tried to come up with 4 lines when they really only had enough for two.

Reactions: DanM

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Congrats to Finland, USA was bad.

The play at the end wasn't really dirty at all. The Fin laid on the ice like he was shot even though he literally barely got touched. Then Heinola tried to come in and save the day, and that's what started the scrum. I hate when guys lay on the ice for 3 minutes and then just get up and everything is fine, so so soft.
Just shows to me that you’ve never laced em up, bud! A ”tiny” looking contact from the replay, hurts like a motherf***er when hit with a hard elbow to the cheek.

Not trying to be rude, but just shows you never played hockey at any high level of junior or men’s.

Reactions: DuckyChuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad