OT: Quarantine Canteen Pt.2

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Can we talk about how gross Van Damme’s pizza option looks?
View attachment 579995

Ya I won’t lie I’m not in good shape. Seems to hit people out of shape harder lol. My brother works out and super in good shape. He didn’t get hit too bad

Yes very busy!

Delissio cheeseburger pizza for us tonight! So good
View attachment 580177
I ….. don’t know what to say. One looks like a focaccia with rucola, the other like … a cheeseburger “pizza” :laugh::laugh:

What?… Why?… Am I too old for this ****?
:cheers:

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's funny but on the other hand, there's exhibit A why so many people lose their homes from a fire which started in the barbecue because the barbecue is literally an inch from the side of the house.
Its a good comment. I have 2-3inch minimum stucco all over my house. Thats a lot of stucco, anyway it absorbs the heat without any problem and you literally can't set fire to it. Nor does it allow heat to interior. But those with vinyl, its just old fashioned thinking that somehow the side of your house must re resilient in some way, or withstand something. Nope, its vinyl cladding. It doesn't withstand anything. People probably see people with brick or stone or stucco sided houses sneak the barbecue upside the house and figure they can do it too. Not a good thing to do. That could easily have damaged some vinyl or started a fire. That deck is also the plastic or vinyl type deck. None of this is designed for what was in that video.

Thats also a pellet stove. just nuts to put it that close to the house. hardly anybody even seems to think about what they're doing. Would you have a wood burning fireplace 3inches from your vinyl siding house wall? Of course not. But they have a pellet stove with 4 ft high flames right next to it.

I once lived in an apartment with idiots like this. They almost burned the whole apartment building down twice. Once they decided they were going to barbecue inside their living room. They dragged it through the deck door. This is the type of barbecue you had to light with charcoal and fluid. They live among us..

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Its a good comment. I have 2-3inch minimum stucco all over my house. Thats a lot of stucco, anyway it absorbs the heat without any problem and you literally can't set fire to it. Nor does it allow heat to interior. But those with vinyl, its just old fashioned thinking that somehow the side of your house must re resilient in some way, or withstand something. Nope, its vinyl cladding. It doesn't withstand anything. People probably see people with brick or stone or stucco sided houses sneak the barbecue upside the house and figure they can do it too. Not a good thing to do. That could easily have damaged some vinyl or started a fire. That deck is also the plastic or vinyl type deck. None of this is designed for what was in that video.

Thats also a pellet stove. just nuts to put it that close to the house. hardly anybody even seems to think about what they're doing. Would you have a wood burning fireplace 3inches from your vinyl siding house wall? Of course not. But they have a pellet stove with 4 ft high flames right next to it.

I once lived in an apartment with idiots like this. They almost burned the whole apartment building down twice. Once they decided they were going to barbecue inside their living room. They dragged it through the deck door. This is the type of barbecue you had to light with charcoal and fluid. They live among us..
That's what we have as well is good old stucco. Withstands hail too and you don't get the bullet holes in it. You'd think insurance companies would give you a rebate if you have a stucco sided house as there is less likelihood of insurance claims from damage.

I didn't even realise it was a pellet grill/smoker until you pointed it out...good catch. At least he wasn't trying to put the fire out with water :D.

I can't believe how dumb people can be (apartment story). This isn't a case of "Jeez, we didn't know" it's just plain stupidity and zero common sense. The carbon monoxide threat of using a barbecue indoors just compounds the fire problem too. Unreal.
These days, look how close houses are to each other. Zero lot lines, etc. One house goes up, good chance a whole bunch do too

Yep, that too...good point. Everytime a house goes up, you always read how the houses next to it caught as well. You know what you're doing in your house but you don't know what your neighbors are doing in theirs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That's what we have as well is good old stucco. Withstands hail too and you don't get the bullet holes in it. You'd think insurance companies would give you a rebate if you have a stucco sided house as there is less likelihood of insurance claims from damage.

I didn't even realise it was a pellet grill/smoker until you pointed it out...good catch. At least he wasn't trying to put the fire out with water :D.

I can't believe how dumb people can be (apartment story). This isn't a case of "Jeez, we didn't know" it's just plain stupidity and zero common sense. The carbon monoxide threat of using a barbecue indoors just compounds the fire problem too. Unreal.

Yep, that too...good point. Everytime a house goes up, you always read how the houses next to it caught as well. You know what you're doing in your house but you don't know what your neighbors are doing in theirs.
I've had the same discussion with insurance agents. Stucco house is much harder to damage. It took a guy an hour or more to drill the new holes in it to put in the high efficiency furnace. He was sweating like a pig trying to force the drill to make holes. His partner took out and installed the new furnace and water heater in the time it took to drill through the stucco. Pretty sure a bullet wouldn't go through it. I should say its 3 inches thick probably in most places. Yeah, not ever going to be impacted by hail. Another thing is that rooflines are often improperly constructed now. On many gable houses now the roofs don't extend enough to protect the vinyl siding wall. In many instance complete walls have rotted out because water just tracks back and goes INSIDE the vinyl instead of staying outside the barrier. This too would not occur with stucco. So many idiots too damage their vinys siding with fireplaces, barbecues, and then just leave it like that. Don't even fix it.

I've mentioned in certain climates like Calgary (mountain storm force climate) vinyl siding shouldn't even be allowed. It does not withstand hail. Its a dumb product all day. Yet for two decades they were trying to convince home owners that Vinyl siding is superior to stucco. You'll still see some of those studies out there put out by the Vinyl siding companies. Some builders, and many homeowners got duped. Protect your home investment, get stucco siding.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
These days, look how close houses are to each other. Zero lot lines, etc. One house goes up, good chance a whole bunch do too
Most of these also being vinyl to vinyl siding houses. There used to be a minimum distance required between any building and property line. They slowly did away with that or decreased the amounts. People often also have sheds in this area. Like garden sheds and the cheap ones are made out of vinyl. In some cases the fence is vinyl. I have a chain link fence. Try setting that on fire. ;)

Reactions: oilers'72

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
On the menu tonight. IPA’s
1664070753488.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Beef Carpaccio and a 40oz tomahawk. May have found the best steak (that isn’t made at home) in the Edmonton area

Attachments

• AC7D9ED2-7EC3-44DB-B314-C21EAF3E5C20.jpeg
    AC7D9ED2-7EC3-44DB-B314-C21EAF3E5C20.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 9CEC4211-FA50-474A-B0D2-C49DC84763B5.jpeg
    9CEC4211-FA50-474A-B0D2-C49DC84763B5.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad