Series Talk: Qualifying Round: Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Rangers

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I think they will regret that, look at a place like Arkansas, these places with almost no immunity will get second waves right when they open up.
There's no confirmation that there is any immunity in any respect.
There's probably multiple considerations.

Hotels/accomodations,
Medical staff that can be acquired without negatively impacting the local community.
Amount of pro ready rinks. Cameras/ lighting/sound.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think they will regret that, look at a place like Arkansas, these places with almost no immunity will get second waves right when they open up.

Regardless of where they choose to play the games, it will be a metro area. It’s not like they’re going to build an arena in Arkansas. NY’s infrastructure would probably be taxed bringing in 12 teams with 50 personnel each, refs, league officials, etc. There’s nothing wrong with not having NY as one of the hub cities.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
....Same thing goes with Nils, unless they are going to sign him for this season and burn a year with this play in series...

Isnt this the situation that is not being allowed, as with Kaprizov, Sorokin, etc?

Reactions: egelband

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
NYC as one of the playoff hubs is not happening. Like zero chance. NYC was the literal epicenter of the pandemic and arguably still is. No amount of PR or science could sell the public that it's a good idea. First player gets sick and the NHL looks like a big dummy.

Last edited:
Reactions: resting buch face

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
So what order do you guys think we lift the cup?
I’m sure our A’s will insist Hank lifts it first, and it’ll be right up there with Ray Bourque :puppy:

:rangers

Henrik Lundqvist
Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Jesper Fast
Mike Zibanejad
Brendan Smith
Pavel Buchnevich
Artemi Panarin
Ryan Strome
Tony DeAngelo
Jacob Trouba
Brendan Lemieux
Filip Chytil
Brett Howden
Philip Di Giuseppe
Alexandar Georgiev
Igor Shesterkin
Ryan Lindgren
Adam Fox
Kaapo Kakko
Julien Gauthier

I'm literally able to bring myself to tears imagining Hank lifting the cup first lol

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I’m sure our A’s will insist Hank lifts it first, and it’ll be right up there with Ray Bourque :puppy:

Henrik Lundqvist
Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Jesper Fast
Mike Zibanejad
Brendan Smith
Pavel Buchnevich
Artemi Panarin
Ryan Strome
Tony DeAngelo
Jacob Trouba
Brendan Lemieux
Filip Chytil
Brett Howden
Philip Di Giuseppe
Alexandar Georgiev
Igor Shesterkin
Ryan Lindgren
Adam Fox
Kaapo Kakko
Julien Gauthier

I'm literally able to bring myself to tears imagining Hank lifting the cup first lol

Smith and Buch before the team's Hart candidate is . . . interesting.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Henrik Lundqvist
Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Jesper Fast
Mike Zibanejad
Brendan Smith
Pavel Buchnevich
Artemi Panarin
Ryan Strome
Tony DeAngelo
Jacob Trouba
Brendan Lemieux
Filip Chytil
Brett Howden
Philip Di Giuseppe
Alexandar Georgiev
Igor Shesterkin
Ryan Lindgren
Adam Fox
Kaapo Kakko
Julien Gauthier

I'm surprised you even have Trouba on your list--and not last either!

Reactions: EdJovanovski

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
NYC as one of the playoff hubs is not happening. Like zero chance. NYC was the literal epicenter of the pandemic and arguably still is. No amount of PR or science could sell the public that it's a good idea. First player gets sick and the NHL looks like a big dummy.

@Mikos87 is right. A hub city has to have the infrastructure to support a whole of bunch of teams. Housing, transportation, catering, etc.

Can see a whole bunch of convention & visitors bureaus already flooding Bettman's phone, salivating at the revenue for their city's recovery.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Henrik Lundqvist
Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Jesper Fast
Mike Zibanejad
Brendan Smith
Pavel Buchnevich
Artemi Panarin
Ryan Strome
Tony DeAngelo
Jacob Trouba
Brendan Lemieux
Filip Chytil
Brett Howden
Philip Di Giuseppe
Alexandar Georgiev
Igor Shesterkin
Ryan Lindgren
Adam Fox
Kaapo Kakko
Julien Gauthier

My only change would be Trouba ahead of DeAngelo.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ

Henrik Lundqvist
Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Jesper Fast
Mike Zibanejad
Brendan Smith
Pavel Buchnevich
Artemi Panarin
Ryan Strome
Tony DeAngelo
Jacob Trouba
Brendan Lemieux
Filip Chytil
Brett Howden
Philip Di Giuseppe
Alexandar Georgiev
Igor Shesterkin
Ryan Lindgren
Adam Fox
Kaapo Kakko
Julien Gauthier

Now, say Igor keeps the #1 starter role (IMHO, will be the case), he gets all 19 wins en route, Hank is the backup the whole run...when does he touch the cup? Would he still be first like you listed above?

(I would love it either way! Let's run this thing.)

Reactions: egelband

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Listen boys, I don’t really care about whether this cup gets an asterisk next to it, or how they seed the teams, or really anything except for the fact that:

This hockey team, from the beginning of the year with excitement coming in (shiny new toys; Panarin, Trouba, Kakko, Fox) but totally green with little chemistry... coming together over the season, turning a significant corner at some point, Shesty getting called up, DeAngelo and Fox exceeding expectations, etc., etc., ... this hockey team was coming together, was becoming exciting, was becoming dangerous, was developing an identity, seems to very clearly have a bright future... and now we get to see them compete for a playoff spot, maybe play in the playoffs... I for one am excited. I’ve loved watching the team evolve this year. I’m very, very ready to see what we can do, especially coming in against teams that have no momentum. It’s like a hard reset. The team from October isn’t the team from March. Now the team from March gets to start, not behind in the standings and trying to makeup ground to squeak in, but with a chance to compete right away. I’m ready to see how we rise to the challenge.

A little afraid that the expectations now are higher. What would that do to the team? Quinn is a novice at this level. Will he be up to the task?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What?

Have you seen what the Virus has done to NYC?

Of course, from afar, and it’s horrible, but that is past sentence. We are talking late July and well into September here.

How do you know that a place like Vegas won’t have an equally bad wave during that period? That NYC would get a bad second wave is much much less likely of course given the immunity already in place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad