QMJHL 2012 prospects

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know solid prospects of this year's draft class. Preferably, in the midget aaa division in quebec.

Goalies:

Keven Bouchard. Goalie. Jonquire (should be top goalie for draft, high first round pick)
Julio Billia. Montreal (another excellent goalie, 1st to 2nd rounder)

Defense:
Maxime Chevalier (plays some prep school in ontario...great offensive dman, could be top 3 pick overall if he says he is coming QMJHL).

Jonathan Deschamps. Trois Riv (defensive dman but a good one, should be a 1st round pick)

Loik Leveille. St Estache Vikings (amazing offensive ability this guy is looking like a 1st rounder in the making)

Mathieu Poulin. Amos (great two way dman, excelletn prospect, 1st round talent)
Alexandre Leblanc. Montreal

Forwards:
Daniel Audette. Phenix (amazing offensive player, reminds me of Charles Hudon)
Alexis Pepin. CCL (grea size, should be a top 10 pick in the draft)
Nicolas Hebert. Blizzard (great all around player, possible 1st rounder)
Timothe Simart. CCL (should be a 1st rounder)
Joey Ratelle. Notre Dame the quebec midget team one (1st round pick)
Cedric Lachapelle. Amos
Benjamin Bohemier. F. St Estache Vikings
Jonathan Desbeins. Vikings
Francis Ouellet. Blizzard
Alexandre Delisle-Houde-Blizzard
AJ Greer - Phenix
Vincent Deslauriers. St Estache Vikings (i think that is his team)

patsbury

Feb 19, 2008
Montreal or Drummond
Matthew Matheson? Although I think he is playing in the NCAA, Cataractes hold his right. Not sure if I answer your question correctly...

EDIT: Yup, I missed the point of the thread, thank you red wine....

MTLScout

Jun 7, 2011
I only really follow teams playing for the Reebok Division in AAA.

Goalies:
Jean-Philippe Brais

Defence:
Guillaume McSween Chataguay
Jeremy Roy CAG
Alexandre Carrier CAG

Forwards
Joey Ratelle CAG
Alexis Pepin CCL
Timothe Simard CCL
Matthew Cusson LSL
Vimal Sukumaran LSL
Justin Samson Chataguay

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I only really follow teams playing for the Reebok Division in AAA.

Goalies:
Jean-Philippe Brais

Defence:
Guillaume McSween Chataguay
Jeremy Roy CAG
Alexandre Carrier CAG

Forwards
Joey Ratelle CAG
Alexis Pepin CCL
Timothe Simard CCL
Matthew Cusson LSL
Vimal Sukumaran LSL
Justin Samson Chataguay

jeremy roy is a 97

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Where u see Castonguay from miramichi rivermen? He play as underage last year in midget aaa

he is an ok player...size, lack of strength, lack of ability to be an impact player even in midget at the moment though are going to hurt this guy...with 96s now being able to go in the top 8 rounds instead of top 5 well get this guy drafted...but he has some talent, but I do not see a big time player with this guy.

BLBarmada

Sukamaran and Cusson are 4th and 3rd liners on a stacked team that is walking over AAA and will likely defend their title as champs and win the Telus cup this year.

MTLScout

Jun 7, 2011
obviously, but a fourth line banger will always be a fourth line banger

I see Prospects9601 is a rookie user either bashing Sukumaran or bringing up the name Kosic. I don't want to assume anything but when it's there, it's there.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
joey ratelle and vimal sukamarin were not even invited to the hockey quebec u 16 training camp.....sukamaran is a fourth liner on his present team....the others I believe were invited......the only 2 players invited fro the lac st-louis area were Matt Cusson and Brandon Kosik.....no defenseman were invited......justin Samson was also not invited.......Q scouts will not draft or draft high players that play midget AAA if they are fourth liners

not true...like lalalaprise said if the upside is there...you know if a player is playing on the 3rd or 4th line but is 15 because the team is stacked of returning players...well you draft by potential not by what line they are on.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I see Prospects9601 is a rookie user either bashing Sukumaran or bringing up the name Kosic. I don't want to assume anything but when it's there, it's there.

Nothing new...every year there are people who make new accounts on here and mention the same player in each of their posts...they should do a better job concealing who they are because quite frankly they are making that person look bad.

BLBarmada

Nothing new...every year there are people who make new accounts on here and mention the same player in each of their posts...they should do a better job concealing who they are because quite frankly they are making that person look bad.

I think he's a bit bitter that the Lions cut him.......

That being said after a player is cut he can go through waivers in AAA right ?

Also what happened to Gilati ?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Giliati played 4th line on the Lions when he was 15...he wasnt drafted...he then went rd 2 the following draft and he was NHL drafted and signed by the Leafs....but according to prospects9601 Giliati was a plug and always would be a plug.

MTLScout

Jun 7, 2011

15 year old players don't have the right to go into the waiver draft. If they are cut, they are required to play espoir for their region.

As I have stated before, I live in the Lakeshore Region meaning I've seen all three Matthew Cusson, Vimal Sukumaran and Brandon Kosic play.

I am by no means a scout but rather from opinion:
Matthew Cusson has all the tools to be a star. He has a big frame, solid shot and decent skating. He reminds me a lot of Carl Chenier, current lions teammate and drafted by the Rockets. He needs to work on play without the puck as he is a bit of a liability in the defensive aspect. Nonetheless, out of the three, he has the most natural talent.

Vimal Sukumaran is more of a power forward player. He reminds me fo a more talented Alex Soumakis from the year before. He plays tough, finishes hits and still manages to pick up points. He is strong defensively, as he played defence last year. His cons are from my perspective his attitude. He talks a lot on the ice, always mocking players and that could eventually get him hurt. It didn't help that he was suspended for five games. I believe he has the best potential out of the three.

Brandon Kosic is currently on the Midget Espoir Tigers. His biggest asset would definitely be his skating. He is a strong skater and puck handler. The problem is, he is more of a softer player, always using the perimeter of the ice. If he could manage to fix that, I could see him being a good defensive player for the lions next yeat.

This is all in my own opinion of course and really should only be looked like that.

BLBarmada

15 year old players don't have the right to go into the waiver draft. If they are cut, they are required to play espoir for their region.

As I have stated before, I live in the Lakeshore Region meaning I've seen all three Matthew Cusson, Vimal Sukumaran and Brandon Kosic play.

I am by no means a scout but rather from opinion:
Matthew Cusson has all the tools to be a star. He has a big frame, solid shot and decent skating. He reminds me a lot of Carl Chenier,
current lions teammate and drafted by the Rockets. He needs to work on play without the puck as he is a bit of a liability in the defensive
aspect. Nonetheless, out of the three, he has the most natural talent.

Vimal Sukumaran is more of a power forward player. He reminds me fo a more talented Alex
Soumakis from the year before. He plays tough, finishes hits and still manages to pick up points. He is strong defensively, as he played defence last year. His cons are
from my perspective his attitude. He talks a lot on the ice, always mocking players and that could
eventually get him hurt. It didn't help that he was suspended for five games. I believe he has the best potential out of the three.

Brandon Kosic is currently on the Midget Espoir Tigers. His biggest asset would definitely be his skating. He is a strong skater and puck handler. The problem is, he is
more of a softer player, always using the perimeter of the ice. If he could manage to fix that, I could see him being a good defensive
player for the lions next yeat.

This is all in my own opinion of course and really should only be
looked like that.

I can see why you would compare Sukamaran to Soumakis, similar players, I think Soumi has a better work ethic. And I agree that Sukumaran needs to focus on the game.

As for Cusson your right there too however I don't see him as amounting to much in the Q.

I haven't seen Korcis play.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
dude, as I mentioned on another post, i played with Sukamarin last year ON THE SAME TEAM....I know the kid, what is wrong with being a banger, it is what it is, and why are you comparing him with Kosik, they are different style players....Kosikhurt us last year, but I still like him even though he is from another region, let's be fair and stop favorizing.......and we really should not assume other people are writing things when we have no clue who anyone is.....not fair to that person or anyone else doing it

its not about hyping up a guy like Sukamarin...comparing him to Soumakis is just nuts.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
My son plays Bantam AA for a lac st-louis region, so you did assume and you assumed wrong, therefore you are the basher, right?....should not assume my friend ...it makes an ass out of you and me......my son played with Sukamarin last year, so I know the player, it is not personal, it is a hockey critique....he is a banger and what is wrong with that, it is what it is....

dude, as I mentioned on another post, i played with Sukamarin last year ON THE SAME TEAM....I know the kid, what is wrong with being a banger, it is what it is, and why are you comparing him with Kosik, they are different style players....Kosikhurt us last year, but I still like him even though he is from another region, let's be fair and stop favorizing.......and we really should not assume other people are writing things when we have no clue who anyone is.....not fair to that person or anyone else doing it

I do not have a bone in this fight, but these two statements do not add up.

MTLScout

Jun 7, 2011
I like Cusson, great shot and he is playing with more bite this year.......Sukamarin however, is nowhere near a Soumakis, I seriously, without insulting you, really cannot take your opinion on this particular player too seriously....Soumakis is a bull with a great shot and so much faster tha Sukamarin.....cmon now, let's get real and stay true to what we are talking about, Let's not say things just to irritate others....let's keep it real.........As far as Kosik goes, you were pretty accurate....he iwas pretty effective against us last year in the playoffs, and apparently he was selected to the U16 because he was not soft, that they noticed first on puck and winning more battles in corner, must be because of his growth, I believe he is 5'11" now, close to 160....Cusson the heavier one close to 180 and at 6'1'.....Sukamarin's growth is pretty much done, may get another inch....will be lucky if he ever hits 5'10'........now that gentleman is informative critique with no bias to anyone as I hope my son can join all three pof them next year as a 15 year old.....let's be a little more mature and not bring assumed other people in this conversation, shall we

Honestly, I can speak for anyone on this board, Prospects9601, please don't in anyway mock BLBARMADA. He knows his stuff and I find it quite foolish you would do such a thing. In other regards, I can actually see the comparison between Soumakis and Sukumaran as well. Both play a similar style but I find Sukumaran to be smarter on the ice. I can't really compare talent but from what I see on the ice but I find Sukumaran to be smarter. Nevertheless, time will tell, as Soumakis had a strong year as a 16 year old and Sukumaran is still 15

BLBarmada

@Prospects9601

First you say your son then you say you ?

So I know that you're a member of the deux rives batam AA Dauphins, Kosik was a panther.

As for the espoir comment, I didnt know that 15 year olds could pass through waivers.

Also you seem to contradict yourself. 1st you say Sukamaran should be on the team. (not directly said but you have also implied it)

Then you say Kosik should be on the lions..... But then say he should go to espoir to play top line minutes instead of being a 4th liner...

Make up your mind and also can the attitude...

I'd take a couple shots at your attitude but I don't think there's any point.

Just a word of advice, no one like a guy with a huge ego, and no likes the smartest guy in the room.

What people dislike the most are people who act smarter then they really are.

BLBarmada

@ Prospects 9601

I stated earlier that at 1st I didn't know that...... I'm now telling you again.

I make one mistake and suddenly you know everything.

I'm not going to countinue there's no point. Sukumaran's style fits the role he is in which is probably why he made it and Kosik didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad