Euro: QF: Wales vs. Belgium, 7/1/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wales aren't that good of a team. What is Belgium doing? They're playing like Argentina.

Well, Witsel is a complete non-factor and outside of Nainggolan's goal he is too. Denayer and Lukaku both look awful, especially Lukaku trying to defend at the back post. Their midfield and left side of defense sucks.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wales aren't that good of a team. What is Belgium doing? They're playing like Argentina.

Wales are better than the sum of their parts, our parts are pretty decent actually especially in the system we play.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Well, Witsel is a complete non-factor and outside of Nainggolan's goal he is too. Denayer and Lukaku both look awful, especially Lukaku trying to defend at the back post.

Have no idea why Witsel and Nainggolan aren't providing more protection to an inexperienced defence.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's beyond me that Allen could be moving this summer. He's our best midfielder. Surely if Klopp has been watching this Euro he's got to give Allen a chance to start (though I don't know why he isn't already...given he was easily our best midfielder last season).

It would be either him or Henderson. Allen doesn't run forward enough so I perfectly understand why Klopp would want to sell him.

CmR4S_zXYAQCILb.jpg

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

They are a good team though. A handful of talented players and a very good coach.

Nainoggglen is just a energizer bunny, he lacks a massive amount of intelligence in terms of positioning and dictating tempo.

Witsel isnt the smartest either and needs someone thats tactically competent in order to utilize his strengths, which is bombing box to box.

Those two are making Allen and Ramsey look like Pirlo-Iniesta ffs

Neither Nainggolan or Witsel are really strategically smart enough to form play. Nainggolan's positioning is usually problematic. Often he's overly involved.

Fellaini doesn't help in that category either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad