Euro: QF: France vs. Iceland, 7/3/2016

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
In this one I just want the dream to continue. What a story Iceland have been.

Most interesting thing about this match is the possibility that Iceland gets massive support in a game against France played in France. Basically anybody else will be cheering on Iceland. This team just seems to define the magical underdog story.

I want a sequel.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Ég er frá Ãslandi. Viltu tala um það? :D

6353_8_screenshot.png

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
I'm french but I'll be rooting for Iceland 'cause I want to keep watching semi-regular joes beat undeserving famous millionaires.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
I was watching the Iceland players celebrate after the England win and kinda felt it was over the top, it felt like they had won the whole thing. I totally understand why they were so happy and I actually rooted for them, but I feel they're probably gonna fall back down to earth against France after their big unexpected win.

DD's a better coach than Hodgson and France's best players are vastly superior to England's or Portugal's (CR aside). I'm confident France will make it to the semis, but Iceland will definitely make it a tough game.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
I pretty much agree with the sentiment here.

I've loved Iceland's run and knocking England out. Awesome fans, players full of heart.

But feel they will come back to Earth vs France. 2-0 or 3-0 France.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tough game for me. France has problems against teams that regroup in D and play hard in challenges.

1-0 at best. 2-1 maybe.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I'm sure France will win this, but nobody should expect Iceland collapse after eating one or two. They'll fight till the end.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
What I wouldn't give to be able to grow a beard like Aron Gunnarsson. I can pull off a solid goatee, but all I can do on my cheeks is random patches that look gross. His is a thing of beauty and awe.

#jealous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad