World Cup: QF: Brazil vs. Belgium, 7/6/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Brazil was the better team and I feel bad for Thiago Silva who is a total class act and won't win the WC in his career.
Still, also happy for that Belgium team who's finally putting together something.

Still not convinced after that awful game against Japan and a lot of luck today against Brazil.
That said, I haven't been overly convinced by France either.

Reactions: cgf

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
You are falling into the trap of the soccer fan. Changing the debate of diving culture to, "hey look Neymar rolls on the ground a lot"..... Maybe he should get more cards but I think a lot of time there is card able offences against him that also don't get called.
I am not changing the debate. For me diving is a bigger issue in soccer.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel for Neymar, he had an amazing second half, really tried to put the team on his back

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Front three all along should have been Neymar-Firmino-Costa.

The idea to have Willian send in crosses for Jesus and others was totally idiotic.
Yep...

Brazil could have won this world cup if Firmino was the starter. They always looked better with him playing, but it is what it is.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Congrats to Belgium! That comeback against Japan has made them mentally stronger.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I am not changing the debate. For me diving is a bigger issue in soccer.

But you are completely set against Neymar. You feed the pre-conceded idea that he is a notorious diver at all times. It's a label he has and will likely never escape. Sure some of it is warranted but even if it is, Neymar does not = all of soccer

Reactions: cgf

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Congrats to Belgium! That comeback against Japan has made them mentally stronger.

Not sure if I'd go that far. While the comeback was indeed phenomenal, it's Brazil's own fault they couldn't get the equalizer late. They had all the momentum after that first goal, the pitch was tilted towards the Belgium end but zero finish from the Brazilians. Cost them in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad