Euro: QF: Belgium v Italy, 7/2/2021

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Huh? Adding extra stoppage time for playacting/time-wasting isn't anywhere near the change that the 1990 offside rule change was, or the introduction of VAR.
Or the backpass rule. Hell, just in the last year the handball rule has changed like 5 times

Hell, just in the last
Are you seriously going to try and argue that soccer changes its rules as much as hockey? Breathe brother, breathe
The most major hockey rule change was what, the introduction of hybrid offside? And before that, the post-lockout changes? I guess if we're counting video review, there's that, too.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
So it's looking like Spanish, Italian or English futbol to battle for Europe's best nation. The why it should be.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Huh? Adding extra stoppage time for playacting/time-wasting isn't anywhere near the change that the 1990 offside rule change was, or the introduction of VAR.

Also proper stoppage time wouldn’t even be a rule change. It would be simply having officials actually enforce the rules already in the books.

I just googled what IFAB actually says:
Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all playing time lost in that half through:
  • substitutions
  • assessment and/or removal of injured players
  • wasting time
  • disciplinary sanctions
  • medical stoppages permitted by competition rules e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks (which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds to three minutes)
  • delays relating to VAR ‘checks’ and ‘reviews’
  • any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)
The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

Just do what the rule says. It’s really simple.

Reactions: gary69

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I agree, Italy are not stacked with stickers, but then try something else when the same duo can't produce.
Juve you have to relax, there is no reason to throw the cross on Immobile, let's enjoy the moment and on Tuesday there is a new match. There is no point in complaining about the individual at such a time. Ciruzzo is too important a player and must be calm.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juve you have to relax, there is no reason to throw the cross on Immobile, let's enjoy the moment and on Tuesday there is a new match. There is no point in complaining about the individual at such a time. Ciruzzo is too important a player and must be calm.

Haha, You're probably right. I never expected Italy to even make it this far He just gets on my nerve because he can be such a fantastic striker for Lazio and turns into Higuain when he plays for Italy, and then that clownery shit he pulled, disgraziat.

Reactions: Incubajerks

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I hope Hazard, KDB and Lukaku are all 100% for Qatar next year, I really want to see this golden gen finally be able to hoist a big trophy

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Great game from a neutrals POV

I really believed Italy would win pre kick off due to their passing between the lines and speed/mobility/movement of their attack, which really is the way to attack that Belgian backline and the space they leave in midfield. It's what Portugal should have done instead of slowly moving the ball left to right or vice versa then pump a hopeless ball in:laugh:, the few times we actually did it we carved out good chances.

Insigne, Spinnazola (huge loss...Emerson isn't in the same stratosphere), Barella were all fantastic.

Belgium had their chances though on the counter, Lukaku wasn't clinical enough. I don't think belgium is "done", the World Cup is only 18 months away to De Bruyne and Lukaku will still be good, Hazard might recapture form. The midfield/defense wont be what it was a few years back but the attack will still be formidable.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Some people are talking like Belgium is done and that they will be in a rebuild stage. I don't think so. They aren't like Germany.
that doku looked sick. a lot depends on whether or not hazard wants to be world class or wants to count his money and be a fat guy for madrid.

Reactions: Rob

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I hope Hazard, KDB and Lukaku are all 100% for Qatar next year, I really want to see this golden gen finally be able to hoist a big trophy

Next year is the last kick at the can for this Belgium team. All that talent and all they have to show for it is a WC semi final.

The question I ask myself is - which Golden Generation under achieved more - Belgium, or Englands team of the noughties?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad