Rumor: Q: We've claimed Steve Macintyre? A: No - Enforcer thread v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
One fight against Lucic or Marchand and this acquisition will be totally worth it.

Marchand would die, literally. MacIntyre has like a foot on him, and probably at least 60 pounds. It would make Chara rag dolling McCabe look like a fair fight.

I don't even think Lucic is dumb enough to fight MacIntyre. A guy on the first page hit the nail on the head, believe it was hero?, in calling him and ogre.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
No you run a short bench and put him on every once in awhile against the other teams 4th line and he pesters the non-tough guy. Then the tough guy comes over and gets a penalty or they both do. This ain't rocket science.

That's my point. We're not talking about other teams "4th" line 5 min a night can't skate player. We're talking about guys that are gonna be on the ice 20 mins a night.

So what's he gonna do? Pester someone he can't play against? Stir up stuff for 5 mins a night while the other team has guys running our guys 20 mins a night?

This doesn't work in the new NHL. The only way something like this is ever going to work is if there is no "code" to fighting.
A la, if Lucic is gonna play tough on Kessel, MacIntyre has to pummel the smallest guy on the Bruins as a deterrent. Otherwise there is no real threat because according to code he should only fight a fighter of his class which means he won't be fighting...

Number13

May 21, 2007
I guess we didn't claim him, surely we'd have a real source by now.

I'm on the side that thinks it would be a good move. Can't hurt to have more toughness in the rankings. Just hated seeing teams like Ottawa and Boston running over us, it made me sick in fact. The trickle down effect of not being pushed around cannot be understated. I really do believe it's a big factor in why Kessel doesn't perform against Boston. None of the guys would be taking liberties or chirping if Macintyre and Orr were there to back him up. Lets beef up these rivalries, some good ol time hockey!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Looks like only Finley was claimed from yesterdays waivers, so it doesn't look like he was claimed by us... unless I'm missing something here.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Confirmed by Bob MacKenzie on Twitter that he wasn't claimed. Only Joe Finley was (BUF to NYI)

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
Useless,
guys like this have no role.

You think Lucic is gonna fight him?
What's he gonna do, skate on the ice for 5 mins chasing him around yapping? He's gonna get scored on by Lucic before Lucic drops the gloves with him.

He's gonna go on the ice, no one's gonna dance with him, and in the mean time big guys that can play are gonna be checking Kessel but into his brain on the boards.

Looch is tough and has decent release but he is not fast by any stretch. With Orr down 25 pounds he's likely as fast and anyways if you're looking to find Milo he's usually hanging around the front of our net. McSteve can skate in bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig