Q is still a lying piece of crap!

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I think it is very likely that there was an aspect of willful ignorance at play. Which is why I don’t think Q is without fault in this situation. I just think there is a big difference between that and “he should never be allowed to coach again” based on what we know.
That's a different disscussion and I'm past my self imposed quota for posts on this thread.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
McD was suprised that Aldrich resigned and Bowman or Q was suprised that Aldrich was not with the team next season, if it was known that he raped a player they shouldn’t been.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Q did not make himself look any better in that interview.

He just can't accept that he had more responsibility than just a guy to move players around on the ice.

Beach didn't just disappear after Spring 2010. I think that gets lost in some of the defense for Hawks employees. They actively had to ignore it and I think that's a major part of the reason why the club isn't letting them back in. They had years to do something to change organizational culture, or god forbid they actually look out for the player a year later or something.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Q did not make himself look any better in that interview.

He just can't accept that he had more responsibility than just a guy to move players around on the ice.

Beach didn't just disappear after Spring 2010. I think that gets lost in some of the defense for Hawks employees. They actively had to ignore it and I think that's a major part of the reason why the club isn't letting them back in. They had years to do something to change organizational culture, or god forbid they actually look out for the player a year later or something.
Yeah call me crazy but if I'm an NHL head coach and I find out my video coach is "sending AHL guys inappropriate texts" I'm at the VERY least telling him to knock it the f*** off. Its wild, and telling, that Q didn't even talk to the guy.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Yeah call me crazy but if I'm an NHL head coach and I find out my video coach is "sending AHL guys inappropriate texts" I'm at the VERY least telling him to knock it the f*** off. Its wild, and telling, that Q didn't even talk to the guy.
I don't know if it was in the interview or not but, Q has said more than once that HIS policy is NO coaches hanging out with players. Period. Q said they would be in the locker room to give their 2 cents and then scaboodle.

Aldrich was employed as the video coach for the Blackhawks from August 1,2008, until June 16, 2010. He reported directly to the head coach, who was initially Denis Savard and later Joel Quenneville.

In his last performance evaluation, dated June 29, 2010(after Aldrich had separated from the team), but unsigned by Quenneville and Aldrich, Quenneville wrote: “Aldrich did a great job for the Coaching staff in preparing us for all of our meetings and coordinating several tasks that we forward his way. Brad has several people relying on him at the same moment and has a way of deflecting and accommodating everyone at once … Congratson winning the Stanley Cup!” When interviewed, Quenneville stated that he did not recall whether he wrote the June 29, 2010 evaluation of Aldrich, or if he knew whether Aldrich had been separated at the time, but did not dispute that he may have written the evaluation. He further stated that the review looked to him like something he would write.

Q needs to sack up and just take his punishment and move on with life. Away from hockey or anything associated with young people due to his very poor judgement.

Reactions: Pez68

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Would be awesome for Q to return to the Hawks
giphy.gif

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Quenneville wrote: “Aldrich did a great job for the Coaching staff in preparing us for all of our meetings and coordinating several tasks that we forward his way. Brad has several people relying on him at the same moment and has a way of deflecting and accommodating everyone at once … Congratson winning the Stanley Cup!”
He should never work in hockey again.

This evaluation led to several other KIDS being sexually assaulted by Aldrich.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Why are you offended by the thread title?
Its not offensive its stupid because its opinion based on such a sensitive subject that nobody on this board knows the truth too. The same way absolving him of all wrong doing would be stupid.

Reactions: Crow

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
The part where Q was talking about his wife and kids having to suffer through reading about it... they should just be thankful that they didn't go through what these young men did.

Talk about tone deaf.
He shouldnt care his name and family name is getting drug through the mud. He should just be thankful that his kids didnt get molested?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He shouldnt care his name and family name is getting drug through the mud. He should just be thankful that his kids didnt get molested?
Lol. Be for real. He should be self-aware and cognizant of the idea that his family reading negative things about him is the least of anyone's worries in this situation. It just reeks of someone who still doesn't understand what was wrong about what happened. He just points the finger and moves on.

Hand up! My bad guys!! Its ridiculous. Even making that statement alone helps me realize that he shouldn't be coaching again. He still doesn't get it.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Lol. Be for real. He should be self-aware and cognizant of the idea that his family reading negative things about him is the least of anyone's worries in this situation. It just reeks of someone who still doesn't understand what was wrong about what happened. He just points the finger and moves on.

Hand up! My bad guys!! Its ridiculous. Even making that statement alone helps me realize that he shouldn't be coaching again. He still doesn't get it.
Its his worry..

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not allowed to worry about his family. Interesting.

TLEH says so.
I think almost everyone deserves a second chance. Seriously. But to get that second chance you just have to own your mistake(s). Nothing wishy washy about it. He's still tossing the blame and finger pointing and putting his thoughts and worries in the wrong places.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
He should never work in hockey again.

This evaluation led to several other KIDS being sexually assaulted by Aldrich.

It absolutely did not. There's a reason Beach's lawyer was trying to argue that Aldrich's day with the Cup was tantamount to a letter of recommendation and that's bc there was never a letter of recommendation -- or any other kind of recommendation. That was an internal report that was not passed along to anyone that hired Aldrich.

Aldrich went on to continue being a POS bc his behaviour was never checked. Had the Hawks done an investigation and fired him, that would have been a start. But unless Beach pursued charges, it was very likely that Aldrich was going to continue working in hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: ClydeLee and Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I think almost everyone deserves a second chance. Seriously. But to get that second chance you just have to own your mistake(s). Nothing wishy washy about it. He's still tossing the blame and finger pointing and putting his thoughts and worries in the wrong places.
Its completely sensical if he thinks hes been unjustly blamed for how this whole thing unfolded to be worried about how his family would handle there dad/husband/friend/relative getting called a rape enabler and being called a lying piece of shit online.

He can feel awful about how he handled the situation and not knowing/finding out the scope of the issue and still care about his families feelings.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The human psychology component is you get faced with something unpleasant and inconvenient (Quenneville and everyone else
just want to focus on hockey). So there’s a steps process that it follows.

1) it didn’t happen
2) if it happened, it’s not a big deal
3) if it’s a big deal, it’s been dealt with
4) if it wasn’t dealt with, it’s not my fault
5) if it was partially my fault, why are we still talking about this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad