Q is still a lying piece of crap!

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I thought in that first meeting whoever Beach told about what happened totally bungled it and told Hawks management something along the lines of what Q was saying here instead of telling them that Beach was sexually assaulted. I can't find the report online anymore to confirm.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I’m tired of Q. The Hawks admitted the huge screw up; terminated and disassociated with the people responsible; took accountability; paid the consequences; implemented measures within the organization to try to prevent this from ever happening again.

The Hawks should never forget … but have the right to move on as well. As far as I’m concerned, Q is not our concern anymore. That’s for the NHL.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
It would not be humanly possible for me to care less about the whole Beach situation. Didn't care when it hit the news and I care even less now.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
what if hes not lying?
Exactly. Nothing that he has said so far on what happened either A) contradicts what is in the report, or B) is completely unreasonable given the information he was presented with. I really don't get the rush to crucify him or the position that he should never be able to coach again based on what we know.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Q publicly lied about not knowing anything when this all went down. I don't have a strong opinion any way about it other than ick but Q is not a good person.
Did he say he didn't know absolutely anything about any incident, or did he say he didn't know anything about a sexual assault occurring. Based on the report, and his latest interview, what he is saying he was told about the situation was minimal and certainly nothing close to what eventually came out.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
the Coach does not handle HR for AHL players typically. there mnight be aware of a issue but the Coach is not really who handles that. mcdoungh is really the one who overseas HR

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Did he say he didn't know absolutely anything about any incident, or did he say he didn't know anything about a sexual assault occurring. Based on the report, and his latest interview, what he is saying he was told about the situation was minimal and certainly nothing close to what eventually came out.
Later on May 23, within an hour after the Blackhawks won the playoff gamethat secured their place in the Stanley Cup Finals, five members of seniormanagement (then-President John McDonough, MacIsaac, General ManagerStan Bowman, then-Executive Vice President Jay Blunk, and then-AssistantGeneral Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff), along with then-head coach JoelQuenneville, and Gary, met to discuss what had been learned about Aldrichand John Doe. Accounts of the meeting vary significantly, and the participantshad limited recollections of the details of the meeting. All of the participantsrecalled being informed that there was an incident between Aldrich and JohnDoe involving an unwelcome sexual advance, but, for the most part, theparticipants reported that they only learned about the incident at a highlevel—that Aldrich, a coach, tried to “get under the sheets” with John Doe, aplayer. Gary recalled telling everyone in the meeting what he said John Doetold him—that Aldrich was pressuring John Doe to have sex with him and thatAldrich told John Doe that if John Doe did not submit to Aldrich’s advances, hecould harm John Doe’s career. None of the participants recalled being toldabout the type of clearly non-consensual sexual conduct that is described byJohn Doe in his lawsuit or was described during John Doe’s interview with us."

Does any of that sound at all like what Q just said? I don't think so.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
His story hasn't changed one bit. Hard not to believe him.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Later on May 23, within an hour after the Blackhawks won the playoff gamethat secured their place in the Stanley Cup Finals, five members of seniormanagement (then-President John McDonough, MacIsaac, General ManagerStan Bowman, then-Executive Vice President Jay Blunk, and then-AssistantGeneral Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff), along with then-head coach JoelQuenneville, and Gary, met to discuss what had been learned about Aldrichand John Doe. Accounts of the meeting vary significantly, and the participantshad limited recollections of the details of the meeting. All of the participantsrecalled being informed that there was an incident between Aldrich and JohnDoe involving an unwelcome sexual advance, but, for the most part, theparticipants reported that they only learned about the incident at a highlevel—that Aldrich, a coach, tried to “get under the sheets” with John Doe, aplayer. Gary recalled telling everyone in the meeting what he said John Doetold him—that Aldrich was pressuring John Doe to have sex with him and thatAldrich told John Doe that if John Doe did not submit to Aldrich’s advances, hecould harm John Doe’s career. None of the participants recalled being toldabout the type of clearly non-consensual sexual conduct that is described byJohn Doe in his lawsuit or was described during John Doe’s interview with us."

Does any of that sound at all like what Q just said? I don't think so.
Thats an interesting use of bolding. Did you miss the last line in what you quoted: "None of the participants recalled being told about the type of clearly non-consensual sexual conduct that is described byJohn Doe in his lawsuit or was described during John Doe’s interview with us". You also are leaving out the fact that Q was not in attendance for the entire meeting. There may have been details discussed before he entered the meeting that were not relayed to him once he was called in.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is John McDonaugh hiding in Paraguay or something? I still don’t understand how he hasn’t been called publicly to answer questions.

I didn’t read the report so I don’t know the specifics but I can imagine how the details would be kept vague from many people and it could be assumed things were taken care of. I don’t know enough to flat out condemn Q or not.

Obviously it’s not good and I hope nothing like this ever comes close to happening again. Everyone should’ve done more and the learned lesson comes at the cost of many young people’s safety and lives.

Probably best he never coaches again regardless. He’s had a long career as a coach already and won 3 Cups. It’s probably a better message to send out that he can’t coach another game. Make it clear that poor decision making can’t be tolerated

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is John McDonaugh hiding in Paraguay or something? I still don’t understand how he hasn’t been called publicly to answer questions.
Keeping quiet and staying out of the spotlight. He is completely disgraced. Nothing good would come for him by saying anything. He may never speak publicly the rest of his life.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Gary recalled telling everyone in the meeting what he said John Doe told him—that Aldrich was pressuring John Doe to have sex with him and that Aldrich told John Doe that if John Doe did not submit to Aldrich’s advances, he could harm John Doe’s career.

Q is painting it in a way that they were aware of A SITUATION involving BA, but that they thought it wasn't that important and wasn't SA in nature. Gary is saying otherwise. Why would Gary lie? The other people saying they "don't recall" have a lot more to gain by not recalling than Gary has to gain by recalling.

Not going to defend someone if I am unsure if they are innocent.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Shut this thread down or change the title its embarrassing. None of us know if hes lying or telling the truth.

Gary recalled telling everyone in the meeting what he said John Doe told him—that Aldrich was pressuring John Doe to have sex with him and that Aldrich told John Doe that if John Doe did not submit to Aldrich’s advances, he could harm John Doe’s career.

Q is painting it in a way that they were aware of A SITUATION involving BA, but that they thought it wasn't that important and wasn't SA in nature. Gary is saying otherwise. Why would Gary lie? The other people saying they "don't recall" have a lot more to gain by not recalling than Gary has to gain by recalling.

Not going to defend someone if I am unsure if they are innocent.

You are willing to say someone's guilty without knowing they are guilty tho?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Shut this thread down or change the title its embarrassing. None of us know if hes lying or telling the truth.

You are willing to say someone's guilty without knowing they are guilty tho?
There's an argument to be made I guess that 14 years ago the standards for dealing with this were not as fleshed out as they are today. That being out and open about being sexually assaulted as well as the proper ways to handle it is not as clear then as they are now.

I'm also willing to believe (at least upfront without knowing a ton of details) that Q did not know the specifics like he was saying in the interview. That he heard there was a situation, heard it was being handled by higher-ups, and that was that. I can believe that. Q would have to be a real dirty, POS, scumbag of a person to lie about what he knew to cover his own ass and still be campaigning to be a NHL coach again. I'm not sure that matches up with the impression we've all gotten from him

REGARDLESS, what happened to Kyle Beach was monstrous and he was failed to be protected every step of the way. Q's coaching career and Bowman's involvement in hockey should be a casualty of that. That's reasonable. McDonough was fired and should never be involved in a sport's franchise again (which he probably won't be). Rocky should have stepped down and handed ownership off to his son as well like we saw. What happened to Kyle was a disgrace and there has to be consequences.

"Guilty" is a loose thing in this circumstance anyway. Guilty of knowingly covering up Beach's assault to protect the organization is a lot more disgusting than being guilty of not doing more to protect someone being abused. There's still guilt all around.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
There's an argument to be made I guess that 14 years ago the standards for dealing with this were not as fleshed out as they are today. That being out and open about being sexually assaulted as well as the proper ways to handle it is not as clear then as they are now.

I'm also willing to believe (at least upfront without knowing a ton of details) that Q did not know the specifics like he was saying in the interview. That he heard there was a situation, heard it was being handled by higher-ups, and that was that. I can believe that. Q would have to be a real dirty, POS, scumbag of a person to lie about what he knew to cover his own ass and still be campaigning to be a NHL coach again. I'm not sure that matches up with the impression we've all gotten from him

REGARDLESS, what happened to Kyle Beach was monstrous and he was failed to be protected every step of the way. Q's coaching career and Bowman's involvement in hockey should be a casualty of that. That's reasonable. McDonough was fired and should never be involved in a sport's franchise again (which he probably won't be). Rocky should have stepped down and handed ownership off to his son as well like we saw. What happened to Kyle was a disgrace and there has to be consequences.

"Guilty" is a loose thing in this circumstance anyway. Guilty of knowingly covering up Beach's assault to protect the organization is a lot more disgusting than being guilty of not doing more to protect someone being abused. There's still guilt all around.

Everything you have said in this is completely logical and reasonable. Its the decision to end people careers over information they did not know thats in question.

So now the punishment of banning them for the NHL is not being aware of a sexual abuse that was in the organization. It is not for covering it up. If HR does a better job on this case are Q or Bowman in trouble at all?

I guess Bettman determines that one but it is a difficult decision IMO.

This is only if he truly didnt know.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Everything you have said in this is completely logical and reasonable. Its the decision to end people careers over information they did not know thats in question.

So now the punishment of banning them for the NHL is not being aware of a sexual abuse that was in the organization. It is not for covering it up. If HR does a better job on this case are Q or Bowman in trouble at all?

I guess Bettman determines that one but it is a difficult decision IMO.

This is only if he truly didnt know.
Heads gotta roll sometimes man. Even if it's unfair, and that's far from a guarantee with Q & Co., but an example has to be made here because of the severity of what happened and how it was handled. It needs to be known league-wide that this can't ever happen again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad