ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
A upgrade to our top 4 RD
2019 2nd or 3rd round picks
A goalie capable of 50+ games

I'd do a 2019 2nd for Pysyk + 4th/ C level prospect

Or Bear + one of your 3rd round picks.

Benning + a 3rd is a possibility.

I'd do Benning and a 3rd, not interested in the others.

I think Benning can still turn it around but a fresh start might help.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oh ya....? How about now?!?

giphy.gif

Ultimately, I'd ask for Bear + Maksimov + 2019 3rd for Pysyk + 2019 4th

Feel Bear is worth a 3rd, Maksimov is worth a 4th, combined with the 3rd, it's a late 2nd and Pysyk + 4th is equal to it. I know they may hold more sentimental value for you but feel it's a fair deal considering Pysyk has 2 years left @ $2.7 million and is good for 16-18pts a year while being a really durable low end top 4 RD.

Deal or no deal?
Thats a no from me boss

I'd do the Benning + Safin + Pick deal but leave my Ethan Bear alone

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd do Benning and a 3rd, not interested in the others.

I think Benning can still turn it around but a fresh start might help.

Thats a no from me boss

I'd do the Benning + Safin + Pick deal but leave my Ethan Bear alone

Benning doesn't interest me much. Feel we have the same player in Petrovic already and most Panther fans love Weegar who plays a good physical game and has top 4 RD potential in him if he can keep progressing.

No deal to be made here. All good, no worries.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Don't think Florida can afford to trade Pysyk without getting a good dman back

I think they can. They'd rather move Petrovic but Yandle, Ekblad, Matheson, Petrovic, Kissevelich and Weegar are fine as a top 6 (well not fine, but really no worse than having Pysyk in there). The only problem is that FLA needs a starting goalie and secondary scoring, and I don't see EDM being able to fix either of those issues.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Oh ya....? How about now?!?

giphy.gif

Ultimately, I'd ask for Bear + Maksimov + 2019 3rd for Pysyk + 2019 4th

Feel Bear is worth a 3rd, Maksimov is worth a 4th, combined with the 3rd, it's a late 2nd and Pysyk + 4th is equal to it. I know they may hold more sentimental value for you but feel it's a fair deal considering Pysyk has 2 years left @ $2.7 million and is good for 16-18pts a year while being a really durable low end top 4 RD.

Deal or no deal?

If the cost is a 3+3+4 (value you give the prospects) I think the Leafs would outbid for Pysyk.

Justin Holl (#6/7 RHD to replace him for now) + Eemeli Rasanen (recent 2nd rounder, RHD D man) for Pysyk+4th?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pysyk isn't an offensive D man. Oilers biggest need is more offence form the back end. No way I give up on Bear for a stay at home type D man. We have those in spades already. Be patient with Bear to develop his defensive game, we already know he's got a rocket shot and smart snappy accurate passes,

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Bear isn't NHL regular yet.. Pysyk is.
Chia needs to make the playoffs this year if he wants to stay employed.
Bouchard allows EDM to trade Bear.

Ideally Oilers trade Benning+3rd instead

This is exactly the mentality that will continue to kill the franchise.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That's been his mindset since he got here. He just sucks at his job hence the Reinhart deal and a bunch of ****ty contract negotiations.
If making the team short-term competitive was the mindset, he would've bought at the deadline in 2017 and he would've added to the roster instead of shedding salary that off-season. The past two summers have been very passive by Peter Chiarelli. They've improved the prospect situation considerably and avoided making long-term commitments due to their current cap situation partially caused by those two guys eating up $21m of their cap.

The 'mindset' has been to let the core of that 2017 make up the ground that was lost last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad