Value of: Pysyk to Edmonton

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Edmonton’s playing a lot better lately and have knocked off some pretty elite teams.

I still think we need to make a move to improve our #4 defenceman, and after looking around a bit I thought that Mark Pysyk might be a good fit and would sync up nicely with Darnell Nurse to form a strong second pairing, and he’d be affordable with 2 years left at 2.73 mil.

Pysyk in any way available for not-stupid pieces? What would Florida be looking for?

Would also consider other #4 defencemen - young ish and cheap ish preferable as is right handed.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Edmonton’s playing a lot better lately and have knocked off some pretty elite teams.

I still think we need to make a move to improve our #4 defenceman, and after looking around a bit I thought that Mark Pysyk might be a good fit and would sync up nicely with Darnell Nurse to form a strong second pairing, and he’d be affordable with 2 years left at 2.73 mil.

Pysyk in any way available for not-stupid pieces? What would Florida be looking for?

Would also consider other #4 defencemen - young ish and cheap ish preferable as is right handed.

Petrovic or Pysyk could be available if we dont turn things around soon.

Pysyk has 2 years left, Petrovic is a UFA.

What's your opening bid?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A upgrade to our top 4 RD
2019 2nd or 3rd round picks
A goalie capable of 50+ games

I'd do a 2019 2nd for Pysyk + 4th/ C level prospect

Or Bear + one of your 3rd round picks.

Benning + a 3rd is a possibility.

Seems like I’m in the wheelhouse then.

Don’t sleep on Safin, either. He’s not some toss in IMO - he’s got top 9 upside.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Don’t mistake me I don’t WANT to give up Bear but to a point we have to give to get.
exactly, you cant make any trade without meeting needs for BOTH teams and with Yandle getting up there in age, the similarly profiled Ethan Bear is a good fit

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If you want Maksimov instead the third has to go. I really don’t want to move him.

Oh ya....? How about now?!?

giphy.gif

Ultimately, I'd ask for Bear + Maksimov + 2019 3rd for Pysyk + 2019 4th

Feel Bear is worth a 3rd, Maksimov is worth a 4th, combined with the 3rd, it's a late 2nd and Pysyk + 4th is equal to it. I know they may hold more sentimental value for you but feel it's a fair deal considering Pysyk has 2 years left @ $2.7 million and is good for 16-18pts a year while being a really durable low end top 4 RD.

Deal or no deal?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh ya....? How about now?!?

giphy.gif

Ultimately, I'd ask for Bear + Maksimov + 2019 3rd for Pysyk + 2019 4th

Feel Bear is worth a 3rd, Maksimov is worth a 4th, combined with the 3rd, it's a late 2nd and Pysyk + 4th is equal to it. I know they may hold more sentimental value for you but feel it's a fair deal considering Pysyk has 2 years left @ $2.7 million and is good for 16-18pts a year while being a really durable low end top 4 RD.

Deal or no deal?

I would say no deal. Bear has significantly outperformed his draft position, as has Maksimov. It would take a 2nd rounder to get me listening to move either of them.

3rd, Benning, and Safin, Bear and Safin, or Benning and Maksimov.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I’d think about moving Bear in a package for him - he’s got a ton of upside and is bottom pairing ready right now. Only 21 and former WHL defenceman of the year .

If Bear is so good why would you move him for Pyzyk? It's not like the Oilers are winning the cup any time soon. Have patience and develop your defense for christ sake.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Bear is so good why would you move him for Pyzyk? It's not like the Oilers are winning the cup any time soon. Have patience and develop your defense for christ sake.
Bear isn't NHL regular yet.. Pysyk is.
Chia needs to make the playoffs this year if he wants to stay employed.
Bouchard allows EDM to trade Bear.

Ideally Oilers trade Benning+3rd instead

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would say no deal. Bear has significantly outperformed his draft position, as has Maksimov. It would take a 2nd rounder to get me listening to move either of them.

3rd, Benning, and Safin, Bear and Safin, or Benning and Maksimov.

Fair enough, I'd change the 2019 4th to a 2020 3rd along with Pysyk (we don't have a 2019 3rd, hence me asking for yours) as my last counter. Pysyk is from Edmonton, bring him home!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad