Recalled/Assigned: Pyotr Kochetkov

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
As others said, Raanta is. Our brass stated recently a policy that no goalie will play two games in a row, which mandated the call-up of PK.

Just to be clear, the brass said no goalie will play back to back. We think they meant not 2 in a row, but it could have been not 2 days in a row.

The only reason I feel the need to point this out is because of the way some here interpreted Dundon's statement about being aggressive at the deadline and essentially called him a liar when no big trade came through, lol. There are still 2 instances where the schedule has a 2 day break between games, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Andersen get the call in those 4 games, depending on how Kooch looks when he gets here.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Since when does fighting get you ejected?

When you're the goalie and you're fighting/challenging players with much less equipment than you.

Now granted, the first time, it wasn't his fault. He celebrated his goal a little too much, opposing captain took offense to that, and a brewhaha broke out

The second time, that was pure Kotchetkov though. 100% crazy goalie shit.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just to be clear, the brass said no goalie will play back to back. We think they meant not 2 in a row, but it could have been not 2 days in a row.

The only reason I feel the need to point this out is because of the way some here interpreted Dundon's statement about being aggressive at the deadline and essentially called him a liar when no big trade came through, lol. There are still 2 instances where the schedule has a 2 day break between games, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Andersen get the call in those 4 games, depending on how Kooch looks when he gets here.
You are correct in this. I cut short where I shouldn't have.

Damn that sucks. Need Freddie for some starts lol.
What's your fantasy team's name? Gotta tell, house rules.

Reactions: zman77

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Is Freddie hurt?

No Raanta is

Raanta is

Raanta was due for an injury, what with it being a first Tuesday of the month.

I'm not sure. I think I read somewhere that Raanta is.

No he is not. It might be Raanta. You should ask someone else, though, I'm just here for the jokes.

As others said, Raanta is. Our brass stated recently a policy that no goalie will play two games in a row, which mandated the call-up of PK.

Yeah, but did you all hear that Sam Gagner once had an 8 point game? knowwhutimsayin @Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That f***ing Sam Gagner was carried by Frodo!
I could swear he carried Frodo.

8300312ec1e97672b8411a9b19158e20558bdee7.gif

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
My son was three years old when I was behind a similar driver. I said to myself "f***ing idiot" and not three seconds later my son asked who was the "f***ing idiot".

Me, son. Me.
From the file of kids say the darnest things.

I was in the Navy so I have a bad vocabulary and taught my oldest 2 that I would say things that they weren't allowed to. My oldest who's 28 now and my middle who is now 24 were in the back seat of the car coming back from a friend's house. They were playing with dolls the girl a Barbie and my son a large GIJoe. Playing together and talking for the dolls the Barbie called the GIJoe a bastard. My wife and I looked at each other like WFT did she just say. My wife scolds her and her reply was "I didn't know that was a bad word, daddy never said it!"

They were like 10 and 6 at the time and we still laugh about it.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
He’s crazy as a bag of hammers…. every goalie I have ever known is a little touched in some way or another. You have to be to want to stand in front of hard rubber disks being fired at your head at up to 100+ miles an hour :)

But he‘s our kooky guy…. He has personality and he is entertaining……. That he can be that and his play on the ice is good as well is a home run overall… he looks like he is getting better and better as he gets more coaching and more time playing bodes very well for the extension he signed….

Our leadership has been right more than wrong in recent years… but 4 years at $2m may be one of the best calculated risks this team has madd in the past number of seasons.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Its kind of nuts right now that Kooch has 4 shutouts this year...... in 19 starts.

Also, his play has literally broken ESPN's predictor

View attachment 666509
No that is just accounting for the 2 goals per game he scores

Do we think that in an additional 25-29 starts that Kochetkov could get 2 more shutouts to surpass Sorokin (49 GP) and be the clearcut best Russian goalie in the NHL?

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
And I know I'm responding to myself on this, but... At what point is it no longer a small sample size with Kooch and we have to start considering that the numbers aren't lying and that he really could be a superstar for us as a starter?

as well as Raanta has played in stretches for us, his history of getting nicked up makes it hard to justify resigning him as the backup next year…. We still need 3 goalies as we need depth just in case someone goes down and it seems like every team in the league has a need for a 3rd goalie called up for a spell here and there..

knowing we have PK signed for 4 more years at only $2m per season? I’m still shaking my head…. Gave PK confidence and security knowing we believed in him and he was going to be with us… and we took a calculated risk and everything is trending in the right direction to have a very good young goalie with us for the next few years locked down at a super value contract….. it gives us so much flexibility in what we do with whom we pair him with…..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00