Recalled/Assigned: Pyotr Kochetkov

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
On Instagram there’s a video from the canes dressing room last night and the guys can be heard calling him Kootchie mama :laugh:
His name is Koochie. And we yell 'Kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch' after every big save

smelly-bum-farts-the-league.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm just saying we have the perfect nickname lineup, at least for the PowerPlay

Svechnikov-Aho-Kotkaniemi-Teravainen
Bear

Kochetkov

The Bear Turbo Kooter Svech'ed Aho's Koochie

Reactions: Unsustainable

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
pee-OH-tore kuh-CHET-kov
Some day We'll have to meet IRL and You can help me remember my old high school Russian. /grin

About all I recall is counting to 10 and Stradszey and Stradsvethua(Not spelling correctly or even correct phonetically :)

Shakmetui (Chess) Dzhazz (Jazz)

Oh yeah Allo and Brevyet. So little remembered from so long ago 1988?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Some day We'll have to meet IRL and You can help me remember my old high school Russian. /grin

About all I recall is counting to 10 and Stradszey and Stradsvethua(Not spelling correctly or even correct phonetically :)

Shakmetui (Chess) Dzhazz (Jazz)

Oh yeah Allo and Brevyet. So little remembered from so long ago 1988?

One semester of it in college for me. The spelling rules kicked my ass hard so I wussed out and went to French. I can still read Russian but holy crap my vocab is limited. Hello, goodbye, please, thank you, library, university, etc.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
One semester of it in college for me. The spelling rules kicked my ass hard so I wussed out and went to French. I can still read Russian but holy crap my vocab is limited. Hello, goodbye, please, thank you, library, university, etc.
Well I moved from Reston then I took 1.5 years of Japanese Never got to reading or writing beyond Katakana and Hirugana. then I moved to NC and took French and I can tell you my give a care was Gone gone gone.. :)
Can do 1-20 in French though!.
Ah Beh Veh gay day yeh yo Zhey E Etratka and that's where my Russian alphabet ends :)
It did help a bit in French because of learning Russians weird gender rules ( don't recall much nowadays)

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Kid gives me some Ned vibes in sometimes making things look a bit harder than it seems they should at times. I'm sure some of that is his youth and the path he's been on these past few years. Kudos to him for what he's accomplished in a short time so far and for sticking up for himself tonight.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I like him so far but haven’t seen amazing play yet. He’s got momentum more than brilliance right now, which is great for us but doesn’t have me convinced the future is now.
That's the perfect way to sum up how I feel as well. Kinda why I've pumped the breaks on wanting to see him unless absolutely necessary. If he can keep getting results, that's great. The team playing this way in front of him certainly doesn't hurt.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Kid gives me some Ned vibes in sometimes making things look a bit harder than it seems they should at times. I'm sure some of that is his youth and the path he's been on these past few years. Kudos to him for what he's accomplished in a short time so far and for sticking up for himself tonight.
I think that's really just nerves, as I never noticed it watching him in the KHL, and I watched a ton of him there. Ned's style is wild. Pyotr's isn't.

Can't tell you how much I love seeing this kid succeed. Been following his career closely since we drafted him. Never imagined he'd be in the position after the rough start to the KHL season he had and his struggles to get consistent playing time in the previous couple years. So happy for him. Still definitely hope we get Freddie and Raanta back ASAP (LaFontaine as our next man up scares me), but also confident in Pyotr if we need to keep relying on him.

I like him so far but haven’t seen amazing play yet. He’s got momentum more than brilliance right now, which is great for us but doesn’t have me convinced the future is now.
Small sample sizes and the team has played well in front of him; most of his goals against have been on the PK. At his best in the KHL and AHL he has looked like a Vasi/Shestyorkin/Sorokin caliber goalie. But yeah definitely fair to still temper expectations on him. I'm not 100% but pretty damn close that he'll be our long term goaltending solution within a couple years.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Kochetkov has a quickness to him that is more reminiscent of Ned than either Andersen or Raanta. But I feel like he combines better fundamental positional play with that quickness than Ned does, and Kochetkov also seems to be defaulting to the conservative play right now either as an inherent style or because he's so new to the NHL.

There was one puck a few feet outside the crease last night off a rebound. It stuck out to me because I could see Ned diving out of goal to cover it last year, while Kochetkov let the D sweep it away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad