Recalled/Assigned: Pyotr Kochetkov

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I like him. Loved the fact that he stood his ground on Marchand last night. All that little f*** could do was chop at his arm. I do hope we get one of Raanta and/or Andersen back at some point. I think he could win us this series, but I'm not convinced he's ready (just yet) to make a deep run. We'll see. I'm certainly not gonna lose sleep over him being our starter for a while if it comes to that.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
One semester of it in college for me. The spelling rules kicked my ass hard so I wussed out and went to French. I can still read Russian but holy crap my vocab is limited. Hello, goodbye, please, thank you, library, university, etc.
Mad respect to anyone who reads Cyrillic. I manage enough phrasing to not be sold in a bag in Saint Pete (when travel resumes again in 2038 or so), I'm not half bad at getting the five different "s" sounds (that also differentiate words instead of just going with the flow) but I bloody hell can't read Russian. The alphabet was too much of a speed bump.

(Back at the uni days I had one roomie doing Slavic Philology and he did his best to educate me for fun, for years, but in the end I just grokked how little I know and how much is out there.)

[Edit: typo! you evil little critters. get off of me]

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I like him. Loved the fact that he stood his ground on Marchand last night. All that little f*** could do was chop at his arm. I do hope we get one of Raanta and/or Andersen back at some point. I think he could win us this series, but I'm not convinced he's ready (just yet) to make a deep run. We'll see. I'm certainly not gonna lose sleep over him being our starter for a while if it comes to that.
Only worry really is if Boston decides to take a(nother) run at him, then you've got Laf in net...and...yea...

If a Fwd gets hurt, we've got guys like Drury, Pono, etc to fill in. If a D gets hurt, we've got Chat, Sellgren, Keane to fill in. We don't have any more goalies after Koch bc he's the only healthy goalie left in the system (I'm pretending Laf is a D-man who dresses as goalie sometimes).

Still can't believe (yes I can, officials suck) Rat only got a 2 min penalty for his full Paul Bunyan chop (in retaliation to a push, in retaliation to taking a stick in the back)...pretty sure we've seen fines/suspensions for similar plays recently.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Only worry really is if Boston decides to take a(nother) run at him, then you've got Laf in net...and...yea...

If a Fwd gets hurt, we've got guys like Drury, Pono, etc to fill in. If a D gets hurt, we've got Chat, Sellgren, Keane to fill in. We don't have any more goalies after Koch bc he's the only healthy goalie left in the system (I'm pretending Laf is a D-man who dresses as goalie sometimes).

Still can't believe (yes I can, officials suck) Rat only got a 2 min penalty for his full Paul Bunyan chop (in retaliation to a push, in retaliation to taking a stick in the back)...pretty sure we've seen fines/suspensions for similar plays recently.

Like a small lumber jack hacking away at a giant sequoia.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I like Raanta but he's not overly durable. That's just not his build. Obviously, we need no further injuries to goalies, but taking a run at Koch or Andersen a slightly different story. I think Koch would make someone swallow his blocker if they pull what Pasta did last night. Dude seems like he's fresh out of f***s to give.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I like Raanta but he's not overly durable. That's just not his build. Obviously, we need no further injuries to goalies, but taking a run at Koch or Andersen a slightly different story. I think Koch would make someone swallow his blocker if they pull what Pasta did last night. Dude seems like he's fresh out of f***s to give.
Especially after what happened to Raanta. I'd guess if a similar situation occurs with that set play dump in by Boston and Koch's stick might "get away" from him a bit on the clearing attempt. wink wink nudge nudge

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
I think that's really just nerves, as I never noticed it watching him in the KHL, and I watched a ton of him there. Ned's style is wild. Pyotr's isn't.

Can't tell you how much I love seeing this kid succeed. Been following his career closely since we drafted him. Never imagined he'd be in the position after the rough start to the KHL season he had and his struggles to get consistent playing time in the previous couple years. So happy for him. Still definitely hope we get Freddie and Raanta back ASAP (LaFontaine as our next man up scares me), but also confident in Pyotr if we need to keep relying on him.

Have to think Lyon is above LaFontaine on the depth chart. No way we made playoff start promises to Laf. Not sure how much more comfortable Lyon makes me but at least he's seasoned.

Edit: please tell me Lyon isn't hurt

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Given what happened with the Flyers prospect goalie today, has there been any reporting or questions about if PK is staying over here in NA all summer to train? Or is he returning to Russia and maybe getting caught in that government subjective implementation of things…..

im actually kind of curious how many Russian players actually went home this summer already and now are frantically trying to fly out to get back here or how many just never went home at all this summer thinking this might be a possibility….

Reactions: zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad