Votes: 317 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I could see better hockey in a high division beer league match
Would your daughter, or niece want to go to the game and make signs and have idols they could look up to at this game?

Funny how you could see better hockey there you claim but couldn’t play in it. Maybe try not to tear down players whose skates you couldn’t even tie.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I was thinking that if I had a daughter this would be great to bond over.

But I don't and the Winnipeg sports franchises consume all of my sports needs.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The women are accustomed to a regular slate of games against male midget triple-A clubs as part of their Olympic prep, but games against Junior A teams are more rare.

Goaltender Shannon Szabados made 52 saves in Canada's 3-2 win over the AJHL's Calgary Canucks on Dec. 5, 2009.

Canada split a pair of Maritime Junior Hockey League games in September of 2019, when the women lost 4-2 to the Valley Wildcats and downed the Pictou County Crushers 4-1.

"We are grateful to both Trail and Cranbrook for their willingness to be part of our training as we start our season," Hockey Canada director of operations Gina Kingsbury said Monday in a statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
The women are accustomed to a regular slate of games against male midget triple-A clubs as part of their Olympic prep, but games against Junior A teams are more rare.

Goaltender Shannon Szabados made 52 saves in Canada's 3-2 win over the AJHL's Calgary Canucks on Dec. 5, 2009.

Canada split a pair of Maritime Junior Hockey League games in September of 2019, when the women lost 4-2 to the Valley Wildcats and downed the Pictou County Crushers 4-1.

"We are grateful to both Trail and Cranbrook for their willingness to be part of our training as we start our season," Hockey Canada director of operations Gina Kingsbury said Monday in a statement.
Don’t waste your time with this chump. He serves no purpose other then hating the league because it’s women.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
Don’t waste your time with this chump. He serves no purpose other then hating the league because it’s women.
I don't hate the league because it's women I don't even hate the league. I just don't have any interest watching it and find mens sports more entertaining. You just can't seem to get over the fact that some people aren't interested in watching it.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I don't hate the league because it's women I don't even hate the league. I just don't have any interest watching it and find mens sports more entertaining. You just can't seem to get over the fact that some people aren't interested in watching it.
I will repeat. If you came in here and said “I am not interested in watching it” I couldn’t have cared less. Instead you came in and tried to tear it down for no reason. Most have watched womens hockey. They know the pros and cons. All you did was spew negativity. For no reason. Like you said your not going to watch it anyway. I will repeat. Pathetic.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
I will repeat. If you came in here and said “I am not interested in watching it” I couldn’t have cared less. Instead you came in and tried to tear it down for no reason. Most have watched womens hockey. They know the pros and cons. All you did was spew negativity. For no reason. Like you said your not going to watch it anyway. I will repeat. Pathetic.
Saying that I find (x) form of entertainment more enjoyable to watch than (y) isn't exactly "tearing it down" but if some softie who has his knickers in a knot is gonna call me pathetic for that then I take it as a compliment.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Saying that I find (x) form of entertainment more enjoyable to watch than (y) isn't exactly "tearing it down" but if some softie who has his knickers in a knot is gonna call me pathetic for that then I take it as a compliment.
Haha yeah that’s what you did. Even more a pathetic attempt. Who is the sofite now trying to back track. Embarrassing bud.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I hope it successfully brings top level players from other leagues. If it can have the best in it, that'll be awesome. I saw ppl earlier saying something about European players maybe not coming over. I don't care what they gotta do but hopefully it becomes like the NHL with talent being prime inside it.

Greedy NA attitude, as I'm sure ppl enjoying leagues elsewhere don't wanna lose their good players.. but yeah, I hope it happens.

My housemates surprisingly were tuned in on their YouTube feed. So if it's something I can join in on with ppl to chat with as we watch, I'm definitely more hopeful I'll be catching games.

Reactions: bergeronsboys

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don’t have much interest in hockey outside of the Penguins and the Stanley Cup Final, anyway so 1.

Pretty much the same as any league outside of the NHL. I’ll catch some headlines and watch some viral clips, but that’s about it.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Would your daughter, or niece want to go to the game and make signs and have idols they could look up to at this game?

Funny how you could see better hockey there you claim but couldn’t play in it. Maybe try not to tear down players whose skates you couldn’t even tie.
I thought this was about how interested we are in the PWHL?

Reactions: LokiDog

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
14k.

SJ, WPG and AZ

Could be section.

Mn started only selling lower bowl. That sold out.

So they opened club. And that sold out.

Then they opened upper level which didn't. 15 may have been the upper level seats.
Row 7 behind the net lower bowl. $15

I do see there is clubs at 30(+)

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I don’t know why you and a bunch of people in this thread need to do the virtue signalling thing.

Nobody is saying they hate the league because it’s full of women. The elephant in the room is that it just isn’t high quality hockey.

Even the most passionate fans will only focus on NHL. You don’t need to play the misogynist card when people simply point this out.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don’t know why you and a bunch of people in this thread need to do the virtue signalling thing.

Nobody is saying they hate the league because it’s full of women. The elephant in the room is that it just isn’t high quality hockey.

Even the most passionate fans will only focus on NHL. You don’t need to play the misogynist card when people simply point this out.
The NHL is to high quality hockey what McDonald's is to high quality food.

• Haha
Reactions: deleted user

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Yeah for sure. The best hockey players in the world definitely do not produce high level hockey 🙄
They certainly have the ability to, and may do so beyond occasional flashes once the playoffs start. But the average regular season game in January? Not even close. If you get someone giving his best effort every night then it's usually a bottom-line grinder desperately trying to make the big league.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
They certainly have the ability to, and may do so beyond occasional flashes once the playoffs start. But the average regular season game in January? Not even close. If you get someone giving his best effort every night then it's usually a bottom-line grinder desperately trying to make the big league.
So you think a random game in the PWHL is higher quality hockey than a random NHL game? Buddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad