Votes: 317 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
they don't even have team names? yikes

I wouldn't really be interested anyways but that's such a deal breaker for me caring even a tiny bit
If that’s a deal breaker I’m going to assume you shouldn’t be staying up late to watch anyway because you have to be at middle school bright and early.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I essentially watch it if I’m at local pub and everything else is on commercial break. There is just too much other sports on for me to dedicate myself to watching a full game or even looking for it

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Scrolled through a ton of tickets on ticketmaster and just saw $15 each. Would be curious to compare gate for those teams mentioned and the PWHL.
Ottawa season tickets range from $19-$47,
but they would be discounted somewhat due to being season tickets.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Depends how accessible they make it for me as a hockey fan and cable cutter. If the PWHL makes me jumps through hoops to watch, not making games available to watch online or charging an exorbitant price for an esoteric streaming plan, not having a radio broadcast available online, etc., I probably won't bother. As a Yank cable-cutter, every year I try to follow the WJC from preliminary round to final, but due to the difficulty of actually following a game through legal means, I end up just boxscore checking every other day and the IIHF sees none of my money.
All games are free on YouTube. Doesn't gwt much easier than that.

Reactions: JMCx4

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
No girls in sweden have ever been taught to hit, and yet no disaster have happened and even less concussions as players are now prepared for contact, so win win in all aspects. Why would it end up differently in North america?
it’s different countries, different outcomes

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I watched the Montreal VS Ottawa game and thought it was better than what I expected. There was some welcome intensity. I like their penalty kill rules. It was also cool to see that despite its North American roots, the league is already attracting top players from countries as far as Japan!

From now on, the best young female hockey players can at least aspire to earning a living playing. They won't break the bank but I expect that will make a lot of female player pursue this harder. The best of them willl have more time to train full time.

I expect the level of play to significantly improve as soon as the next 3 or 4 years.

I'll definitely tune in from time to time.

This isn't surprising at all. Theres few, if any professional womens leagues and the ones that do exist, I wouldnt guess pay as much as the PWHL does.

Reactions: Dessloch

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
14k.

SJ, WPG and AZ
IMO, a bit disingenuous of an argument considering one of these teams could be the worst NHL team of all time (but still averaging ~13k), the second is still averaging ~13k as of December and seats barely above what you are saying, and the third has a capacity of 5K. Not to mention none of the three have the 'freshness' factor and tickets are more expensive in the NHL.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Team Canada, which is Canada’s very best 20 players, plays tune up games against midget teams (15 to 18 year old, so with league teams being far less talented than team Canada, I guesstimated 14-15 year equivalency. Seems reasonable.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad