GDT: PWHL - Minnesota Discussion

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I’ve been watching since puck drop. :)

Gus, Brodin, and Foligno spotted in the crowd!

IMG_8371.jpeg

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Minnesota’s goaltender keeping them in the game. Montreal has been dictating play most of the night.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Doesn’t this belong in another forum? I mean for all the ridiculous adherence to stupid rules around here this is pretty obvious. Not one single male who doesn’t have a daughter playing in this league cares about it. Take it where it belongs

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Doesn’t this belong in another forum? I mean for all the ridiculous adherence to stupid rules around here this is pretty obvious. Not one single male who doesn’t have a daughter playing in this league cares about it. Take it where it belongs

I like the women's hockey leagues.

I'd go the other way and say GDTs aren't utilized enough on the forums. I'd rather have a GDT for Vikings (or NFL weekends as a whole) threads over everything going into the OT:sportsball thread. I've used the GDT tag for things that aren't specifically Wild games plenty of times. Best case is people find it interesting and join the topic. Worst case is it gets no attention, dies and gets buried.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I care. Take your negativity elsewhere.

Reactions: MNRube

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don’t have a daughter in the league n I care. Might not be as physical but still good hockey.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
i hope the PWHL can fill a niche and succeed as a league. Ive tried to watch a few women's games in the past and it doesn't really grab my interest, though. Not very physical and too slow.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
i hope the PWHL can fill a niche and succeed as a league. Ive tried to watch a few women's games in the past and it doesn't really grab my interest, though. Not very physical and too slow.

The pro women's leagues to me seem to fall right between the ECHL and AHL for skill/speed, just less physical.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The pro women's leagues to me seem to fall right between the ECHL and AHL for skill/speed, just less physical.

Even without checking, a bad ECHL team would completely dominate the best PWHL team.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
It’s fascinating how these discussions are exactly the same with women’s soccer here in Europe. To me every sport can be entertaining or boring completely irrelevant of the actual level of play. Skill/Speed/Physicality doesn’t matter one bit if the emotion is there, players give it their all and the crowd is into it. If I can get emotionally invested in it then I am all for it. May not be the case for everyone, but there is plenty other stuff out there right? Live and let live

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It’s fascinating how these discussions are exactly the same with women’s soccer here in Europe. To me every sport can be entertaining or boring completely irrelevant of the actual level of play. Skill/Speed/Physicality doesn’t matter one bit if the emotion is there, players give it their all and the crowd is into it. If I can get emotionally invested in it then I am all for it. May not be the case for everyone, but there is plenty other stuff out there right? Live and let live

I completely agree. If enough people are entertained and buy the product, more power to them. It would be cool to see a women's professional hockey league be successful and self sufficient. It's just not a style of hockey I care for.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even without checking, a bad ECHL team would completely dominate the best PWHL team.
I remember when Warroad HS Boys beat the US Women's Olympic team in an exhibition... so yes, you are correct.
That said, you take the best women's players and put teams together, you can still get some quality games. US and Canada is usually a treat to watch in the Olympics these days. Real skill on display, and they find a way to play with a bit of physicality despite the no checking rules.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Watching MIN vs. NYC, entertaining game so far. Pretty physical, too. Very impressed at how well this MN team gels together. You can tell they have good communication.

2-1 Minnesota leads after 2 periods.

Maddie Rooney making some huge saves, I’ve been impressed by her every time I watch.

Reactions: MNRube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad