Put Together the Best Roster you Can for 2020-2021

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Dubas being linked to Brodie leads me to think that he doesn't obsess about a perfect left-right shot balance. That's one reason why I think a sleeper candidate that the Leafs might kick tires on in FA is Edmundson. He basically checks every box of what the Leafs are looking for - still only 26, has a ring, 6'4" mobile shutdown defensemen, improves the PK, heavyweight enforcer, and has a history of handling top pairing minutes with an offensively minded partner when he was paired with Pietrangelo (STL's best pair for an extended period).
I’d love to add Edmundson... just not sure who would play the right side

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Johnsson, Liljegren (or Dermott) + for Brodin +

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Korshkov
Ex. Gauthier, Malgin (?)

Rielly - Brodin
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott/Liljegren
Ex. Rosen

Andersen
Campbell

Agostino - Brooks - Aberg
AHL Vet - Kossila - Brazeau
Conrad - SDA - Read
Stotts - Elynuik - Pooley
Clune

Marincin - Duszak
Gravel - Lindgren
Rubins - Hollowell
Kral

Woll
Scott
AHL Vet
Haha love that you have the Marlies lines too

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Not sure we are even going to see 84 million but I am happy to play along.

192EA47B-1B8D-4F2A-B3E7-1CBD75095708.png

As I don’t think Kerfoot is what we need at three C, I trade both AJ and him to CBJ for Wennberg and Savard. Wennberg has never lived up to his contract but him and Torts are apparently at odds. He has shown the ability to light it up with Nylander and is much better defensively. If we need to put our lines in a blender we are much more versatile. Savard is obviously and upgrade on D and allows Rielly to play his game while Savard focuses on D. Very similar to Hainsey but 8 years younger.

Dermott is traded in the offseason as he has become redundant with Sandin IMO. Yes I get we lose depth in our organization but we are dangerously close to the cap as is.

Girgenson is a upgrade on Gauthier.

Obviously we promote some rookies to the lineup but get stronger down the middle and hope the wingers can step up. We also field a much bigger team which will be harder to play against. I am sure we can sign another 700K contract or two if the rookie experiment fails. Not ideal but I like this team on paper more than our current roster.

Gilles Meloche

I Moe I Moe
Feb 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Barabanov

Engvall - Gauthier

Rielly - Tanev
Muzzin - Dermott
Sandin - Holl

Rosen

Andersen
Campbell

I might like Nick Robertson more than most but I can see this kid making the team next season.

Chris Tanev signed as a free agent and finally lands as Rielly's defense partner and ends the 3 years of taking up 25% of the threads on the Trade Rumors forum.

Andreas Johnsson sadly moved for a pick(s) for cap reasons.

Dubas signs Alexander Barabanov away from the KHL.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Trade: Parayko, Steen for Marner, Dermott
Trade: 2021 2nd for Johnsson
Trade: Lowry for Kerfoot
Sign: J. Larsson
Sign: J. Rutta (or any other 7th D)
Maybe: Robertson makes it, would be nice if he proves it

Mikheyev - Tavares - Kapanen
Engvall - Lowry - Steen
Clifford - Larsson - Korshkov
Gauthier - Spezza

Rielly - Parayko
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljegren
Rutta

Andersen
Campbell

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
From the Athletic:
Kenny Agostino: 27, LW, 53 GP, 27 G, 22 A, 49 PTS
During the Marlies’ worst games, Agostino often looked like he was the only player giving a noticeable effort. He displayed consistent, high-end skill while leading the team in scoring, his two-way game excelled and he set a positive example for younger players with his upbeat attitude.
“I was really impressed with how competitive he is and how much he demands to be the go-to guy all the time,” said Moore.
Understanding the likelihood of Agostino getting claimed by another team prohibited him from getting called up, it sure felt like he deserved a look with the Leafs. At a $737,500 cap hit next season, I’d pencil him in for a spot in the Leafs’ lineup.
Grade: A

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
A few more things have become clearer in recent days... I can definitely see Johnsson being dealt for purely picks. Kapanen+ for D is still very much on the table for me as well. Don't see a need for Clifford unless it's ~league min. Malgin gets flipped again as well. Liljegren starts in the AHL.

All four bottom six wingers make under $1M in this scenario, which provides a ton of cost efficient value.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Kerfoot - Barabanov
Korshkov - Engvall - Spezza
Gauthier

Rielly - Trade
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott
Rosen

Andersen - Campbell

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018