Put Together the Best Roster you Can for 2020-2021

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This is a playoff team that can do damage and contend. Like the scrappiness and compete with new guys. I hope we move in this direction. We will be a much tougher team that you can't cycle out or trap out.

Thank you. I like it too. Notice I didn’t even add a player from the trades in that lineup. Likelyhood of getting a third or fourth line energy center/ physica forchecking/ pk’er and subtracting Gauthier would be a very likely possibility. For me to guess on the money of the UFA’s seemed pointless but obviously there looks to be enough cap space.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you. I like it too. Notice I didn’t even add a player from the trades in that lineup. Likelyhood of getting a third or fourth line energy center/ physica forchecking/ pk’er and subtracting Gauthier would be a very likely possibility. For me to guess on the money of the UFA’s seemed pointless but obviously there looks to be enough cap space.
Guys like Barrie are in for a rude awakening. With $$$ issues going on all over the NHL in the south Barrie types are going to get passed over. It would not shock me if he got significantly less then Gards.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Guys like Barrie are in for a rude awakening. With $$$ issues going on all over the NHL in the south Barrie types are going to get passed over. It would not shock me if he got significantly less then Gards.
We don’t know what the cap will be but if they get the playoffs done regardless it will boost the profits. Barrie was never getting $8 million like the main networks were speculating I don’t think. He’s not worth more than Muzzin for my thinking. In fact Muzzin was always the player the Leafs were wanting to get ink on paper with.

I think you are right and he could be sitting waiting. He is terrible at his position. He just scores points and then its a sh!tshow in his own end. We don’t even want him in general on our board anyways lol. We know hiw gross his game is :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Kasperi Kapanen and Jeremy Bracco to Chicago for Connor Murphy and David Kampf.
Alex Kerfoot to Minnesota for Ryan Hartman.

Sign Ilya Mikheyev to 4 years are 2,250,000 per season
Sign Travis Dermot to 2 years at 1,750,000 per season
Sign Frederik Gauthier to 1 year at 800,000 per seasons

Zach Hyman - Auston Matthews - William Nylander
Ilya Mikheyev - John Tavares - Mitch Marner
Andreas Johnsson - David Kampf - Ryan Hartman
Kenny Agostino - Frederik Gauthier - Pierre Engvall
Yagor Korshkov

Morgan Rielly - Connor Murphy
Jake Muzzin - Travis Dermott
Rasmus Sandin - Justin Holl
Calle Rosen

Frederik Andersen
Jack Campbell

1,225,00o in cap space
Whats Connor Murphy’s game ?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Pretty Self Explanatory: Put together the best Roster you can for 2020-2021:
  • Salary Cap: $84,000,000
  • Moves must be realistic in terms of value (Trades & Free Agency)
  • Make as many moves as you want, trade the entire team if you have to

Should probably change the cap to maybe 80 million.
Maximum cap now would be the same as this year, if all parties agree, at 81.5 million.
It will be an agreed cap, with no escalator.
It would be much lower if they used HRR.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We all know of all the suffering going on.
No need for all your Gloom and Doom
to add to it though.As I said try cheering up.
Well, I have 4 family members on the front lines fighting Covid-19 for you fellow comrades.

1 is a nurse, 2 are Doctors, and, 1 is a manager of a grocery store. They aren't hunkered down at home, hiding behind their keyboards, telling people to cheer up.

This virus is killing real people. I'm getting the stories first hand.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well, I have 4 family members on the front lines fighting Convid-19 for you people.

1 is a nurse, 2 are Doctors, and, 1 is a manager of a grocery store. They aren't hunkered down at home, hiding behind their keyboards, telling people to cheer up.

“You people” is that you grapes haha. You’ll get a ban for them words man ;)

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
“You people” is that you grapes haha. You’ll get a ban for them words man ;)
Slight slip of the tongue, or, fingers as it happens! And no, I'm old, but, not Grapes old!

Just changed it to 'fellow comrades.' ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Slight slip of the tongue, or, fingers as it happens! And no, I'm old, but, not Grapes old!
Your not in the press yet eh :) just funny anyways. Easier said than done when someone says just cheer up for sure when you aren’t feeling eh bro.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Your not in the press yet eh :) just funny anyways. Easier said than done when someone says just cheer up for sure when you aren’t feeling eh bro.
Just worried about family. Some are on the front lines, some will soon be unemployed.

Having no hockey, as a distraction, is not ideal either.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Just worried about family. Some are on the front lines, some will soon be unemployed.

Having no hockey, as a distraction, is not ideal either.
Probably a good bash of reality of how fragile our lifestyle is. Still sh!tty as anything for lots of people. I have been doing my part staying indoors. I think most are unless we need groceries or medical assistance. Its pretty quiet out there so most encouraging that people are disciplined enough to cool it on socializing.

I am unemployed now. I don’t get down but its no darn fun all this. On here with leafers is a good distraction

Reactions: Al14

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Well, I have 4 family members on the front lines fighting Covid-19 for you fellow comrades.

and some of us you are judging are DOING it first hand. Not talking to family. Actually there.
And sometimes it’s fun to get your mind off things.

If you think this is the first time bad things Are happening to good people, or that people haven’t lost loved ones when you were watching a hockey game or having fun with friends, then

You are the most sheltered person I have ever
Had the pleasure to meet. Someone is losing someone or something every second of
Every minute of every hour of every day. You don’t get to judge others because this is the first
Time in your life something bad happened.

Reactions: Auston 316

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I expect the cap to be 81.5M.

If that is the case, as far as I am concerned, Kapanen, Kerfoot, Johnsson and one of Holl or Dermott must be moved out.
This would free up the cap space to trade for the top-4 RHD with a cap of approx 5.5M to play with Rielly.
You hope that Robertson can play top 9 (850K).
Try to re-sign Clifford for the same salary as he makes now.
Hope you can sign two UFAs plus Mikheyev for about 1.75M each to replace Kerfoot, Johnsson and Kapanen.

Don't expect the kind of returns that people have been expecting for players like Kapanen, Kerfoot or Johnsson. Their contracts were never as good as many on here claimed they were, and if the cap doesn't go up teams are not going to be clamoring for them.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don’t think there will be a cap next year.
just kidding.

I really don’t know what’s going to happen. Honestly, I think the season is gone, the last thing they want is to resume to season and a player tests positive.

also going to see what happens with the draft too, since a team like the Leafs could miss the playoffs and win the the lottery, if the season didn’t cancel.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 11.02.12 PM.png

Leafs - Devils
Alexander Kerfoot, Travis Dermott & 2nd
for
Damon Severson & Miles Wood

Leafs - Senators
Andreas Johnsson
for
2nd & 4th

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Dubas being linked to Brodie leads me to think that he doesn't obsess about a perfect left-right shot balance. That's one reason why I think a sleeper candidate that the Leafs might kick tires on in FA is Edmundson. He basically checks every box of what the Leafs are looking for - still only 26, has a ring, 6'4" mobile shutdown defensemen, improves the PK, heavyweight enforcer, and has a history of handling top pairing minutes with an offensively minded partner when he was paired with Pietrangelo (STL's best pair for an extended period).

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

there's a thread for this

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I don’t think there will be a cap next year.
just kidding.

I really don’t know what’s going to happen. Honestly, I think the season is gone, the last thing they want is to resume to season and a player tests positive.

also going to see what happens with the draft too, since a team like the Leafs could miss the playoffs and win the the lottery, if the season didn’t cancel.
Talk about your silver lining. I doubt we get so lucky.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Johnsson, Liljegren (or Dermott) + for Brodin +

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Korshkov
Ex. Gauthier, Malgin (?)

Rielly - Brodin
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott/Liljegren
Ex. Rosen

Andersen
Campbell

Agostino - Brooks - Aberg
AHL Vet - Kossila - Brazeau
Conrad - SDA - Read
Stotts - Elynuik - Pooley
Clune

Marincin - Duszak
Gravel - Lindgren
Rubins - Hollowell
Kral

Woll
Scott
AHL Vet

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
We don’t know what the cap will be but if they get the playoffs done regardless it will boost the profits. Barrie was never getting $8 million like the main networks were speculating I don’t think. He’s not worth more than Muzzin for my thinking. In fact Muzzin was always the player the Leafs were wanting to get ink on paper with.

I think you are right and he could be sitting waiting. He is terrible at his position. He just scores points and then its a sh!tshow in his own end. We don’t even want him in general on our board anyways lol. We know hiw gross his game is :)
There will be no playoffs now. This crisis is almost out of control. 7 to 9 weeks now before it peaks. Probably 6 months before some semblance of normal. Be no MLB, no CFL, maybe NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad