Line Combos: Put Pastrnak with Hall. Enough with the 1 line team!

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
So you want to put foligno who can’t even score on a power play with that line, to play with them 5v5, but you don’t want to put smith with them who in a small sample size was extremely successful last year.
YEP I prefer that option to Smith , I want someone who can respond to abuse, get his nose dirty and I still think he will get his fair numbers of points up there. One thing is sure, I see hockey in a different way that you do! Foligno up there would not be the sniper! Different role.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Jamison

Mar 24, 2017
So lets see your lineup. I personally dont think there will be another move to directly replace Krejci or add to the D core. Not until trade deadline if required

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Hall Foligno Pasta
Debrusk Haula Coyle
Nosek Studnicka Lazar

Forbort McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Reilly Clifton

Ullmark
Swayman

PP1
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hall McAvoy

PP2
Debrusk Foligno Smith
Haula Grz

This is a good time to experiment Pasta on the 2nd line. Hall and Pasta alone could be ridiculous. While Foligno has been known for solid 2nd/3rd line skills and selke like strong defensive play. That would balance out the more offensive octane potential of Hall/Pasta

Marchand Bergy and Smith worked really well last season, before Cassidy went back with a struggling Pasta back at the top line.

Bottom 6 should be better. Nobody is playing their off wing. Skating improvement with Haula. Nosek has much better skills than Wagner and Kuraly combined. I have high hopes for Stud can make a leap.

Freddy should also get a look.

On defense, Forbort takes over Lauzon duties. Acts like a LD version of Carlo(defensive minded) in a way for McAvoy. I would 50/50 split goaltending duties between Ullmark and Swayman. Unless one is clearly better. But best to keep both engaged and fresh
I like this. Coyle is not a second line center. And Hall needs some skill motivation - might get it with Pasta.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Tampa and Toronto are both currently running with guys on their top line who don't really belong there, but it's working out pretty well for them because the balance is right. Can the Bruins do something similar?

Can they, yes. Will they, doubtful, not with this coaching staff.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Seems the Bruins are dead set on keeping the top 6 of

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Hall Coyle Smith

the 4th line of
Blidh Frederic Lazar

deserves a few more games after last night

so that leaves
Nosek, Haula, DeBrusk, Foligno, and Kuhlman to make up a 3rd line for Tuesday 4 Left shots and 1 right shot

I’d guess either DeBrusk or Foligno will be watching from the press box or 74 is traded

Haula Nosek xxx

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
There's something about having a player or two that will just turn and shoot. I like and respect Smith when he's doing that as there's nothing wrong with having a guy or two on the team that'll just fire from anywhere. Hasn't been doing that as much this year. But you need to keep him away from the top line guys that all love to shoot.
Thought him and Coyle would make a good match but Coyle is usually the guy feeding him the puck from the cycle to be in position to cause any havoc in front of the net when he releases. Foligno might be your best bet to slide over to left wing with those two.

Despite both being LWers - try Jake and Hall with Frederic.

There's not but I don't want this particular player on either of the top 2 lines. Too many plays die on his stick. His puck-pick ups are the worst on the team because he's edge-work is terrible.

I'm fine with him on the 3rd line with two guys who can carry the puck. He's a liability on the Top 2 lines as he's doesn't compliment the other 5 forwards (63, 37, 88, 71 and 13) at all.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
What ever the lines. They need time to gel. If the bottom six are always being switched around, they won’t have chemistry. They, like the top lines need time.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
If all 8 D are healthy how are you pairing them up?

McAvoy, Forbort, Grzelcyk, Carlo, Reilly, Zboril, Moore, Clifton

Moore is making things very difficult as is Zborils emergence

The top 4 is a lock with some type of combo of

Forbort McAvoy
Grzelcyk Carlo

i think the best bottom pair is probably

Reilly Zboril

but Moore is very valuable because he’s a Left shot PKer we really need in the lineup

Moore currently is playing the most PK TOI per game on the team in his very short sample size

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Ummm. What? Pasta/Hall need the puck. Hall taking faceoffs they'll never have it

Why would Marchand do any better on FO? Also Hall\Pastrnak are already on the same line.

IMO Hall is more dangerous as a C because he will have more ice to more frequently use his great skating ability and make both of them more dangerous.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Why would Marchand do any better on FO? Also Hall\Pastrnak are already on the same line.

IMO Hall is more dangerous as a C because he will have more ice to more frequently use his great skating ability and make both of them more dangerous.

None are dangerous at C cuz they don't play that position. That's like trying to stick a square peg in a round hole.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I know what your saying with regards to Hall skating but it would be bad cause Hall would be lost in his own end trying to cover low and moving all over the place I just know it .Leave him on the wing where his speed really matters flying in on d men at his mercy :pickle::banana:

Reactions: Maine Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad