GDT: PuppyBowl XI.... errrr Pens vs. Nashville!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Miss Me Yet??????

images

He'll never out do me in the photo bombing.

248818e2a60668ea3fd34656b0e241ab.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Therrien also changed his approach quite a bit in the intervening years, Subban notwithstanding.

Also worth mentioning that Therrien's teams really haven't fared any better than the Pens' teams over that period. It all just strikes me as very much grass-is-greener. Hitler was more popular than Therrien among Pens fans in his waning days.

As I've said, I think there's a balance. Again, Maurice benched Malkin in Russia because he didn't like how he was playing defense. He's a tactical wiz and really has put quite the foundation into place in Winnipeg. Find me a coach who fits that MO, will hold Sid accountable, and won't give free passes to the extended family, and that's the coach I'd like.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
A 4-0 loss at home just isn't acceptable. I hope Mario enjoys looking down at all the empty seats right now.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Some people out there thought his leadership was good enough to make him captain of Team Canada. You know the best in the world and he was the leader.

Kunitz is such a great leader, too… er, at least that A on his jersey says so, right! Has nothing to do with reputation, right? Or being the best player in the world, right!?

Just because he's the most skilled player in the world doesn't mean he's a leader. I mean, if he's such a great leader, why have a still not been given an example of his leadership? Smacking a letter on his jersey is by no means an example. He's the face of hockey and the face of Canada… of course he's going to be the captain. That much isn't hard to see. Sid was given the C in Pittsburgh because of reputation at the age of 21.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Was Beau demoted even further. Yes.. let's keep blaming him. :laugh:

Easy target.

I'm telling you, this is why I question your blaming the players. Everyone can see this. Coach Accountability . . . same as it ever was.

Talking about MT, remember how MT dealt with Recchi? Let me know the day the Pens have a coach willing to do that with Kunitz or Adams.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
We're getting shutout. I'm more skeptical of Fleury than most people, but when you score zero goals, it's not the tender's fault that you lost, whether he lets in 1 goal or 10.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The bad part is you know the front office will think that malkin and Comeau are the special answers, not the trade they need to make... they will bring in some scrub D rental and a big body for the 4th line so they can promote Adams or something

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
As I've said, I think there's a balance. Again, Maurice benched Malkin in Russia because he didn't like how he was playing defense. He's a tactical wiz and really has put quite the foundation into place in Winnipeg. Find me a coach who fits that MO, will hold Sid accountable, and won't give free passes to the extended family, and that's the coach I'd like.

I don't know if a coach exists who won't play Kunitz with Crosby. And Adams.

It's so obvious, but it seems nobody can make it happen.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I would like for some of you to actually explore the possibly that Fleury might be the problem. Maybe rewatch a few of the last playoff series if you can. Because i can promise you what will happen if the GM fires the coach and trades Kunitz, Sutter, Adams, and Scuderi away - they'll still suck.

If you think either Lundqvist, Rinne, or Price on this team are going to steal games on this team you're sadly mistaken. This team is a complete joke in many facets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad