Proposal: Puljujarvi to the Senators

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
i think this can be simplified to poolparty+something small for chlapik

ottawa doesnt really have a need or a spot for manning and if edmonton really likes boedker they can go for him but boedker seems more like a trade deadline type deal considering his 4 million cap hit

that being said i rather trade picks for poolparty then chlapik. Ottawa is lacking talent everywhere but especially at center and i rather keep as many of the center prospects as possible for as long as possible and hope someone develops into a top 6 center (since i think those are harder to find)

I feel the same way. Ottawa needs to hoard their center prospects and hope at least one of them can surprise people.

Either that or draft on in the next two or three years where they probably end up with top 5 picks.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I still think the best approach for us and Puljujarvi is let him play for Jokerit and hope he rips it up over there. The kid is crazy talented, and I think he can still break out. He may never play for us, but I’d like to salvage more value than some of the proposals we’ve seen on these boards.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I still think the best approach for us and Puljujarvi is let him play for Jokerit and hope he rips it up over there. The kid is crazy talented, and I think he can still break out. He may never play for us, but I’d like to salvage more value than some of the proposals we’ve seen on these boards.

That's definitely the best course of action. Him and his agent have now seen that his value league wide is next to nothing. They've put all the pressure on themselves now and the only way out of the corner they've backed themselves into is for Jesse to be better at playing hockey, plain and simple.
If I was Holland I would express to Jesse that if he feels playing in Europe is best for him then the team will support that decision but here we are rolling into august and he still hasn't signed with any Euro teams, for which camp will be starting soon.

Still think there's a chance he realizes he's maybe made a miscalculation and would like to rejoin the team but as a young guy he may be worried about what the guys in the room think and he's nervous about returning. It's a good time for players and coaches to reach out and make it known that he's valued and the guys would like to see him back in the fold.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Manning is straight up a plug and is in the deal because Ottawa will have a bunch of youngsters on this upcoming seasons roster. Also Ottawa still have question marks on the left side of defence. Also Ottawa will need the cap hit to stay at the capfloor.

Sens D is already crowded. There is no fit for Manning. Outside of the 6 who have a guaranteed spot you have Wolanin and Lajoie, both showed plenty of promise at different points throughout the season and Brannstrom. One of those three left handed shots are likely to get an opportunity out of camp and the others will be looked at as the season progresses. Manning would block those young defensemen from getting a look at the next level.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Sens D is already crowded. There is no fit for Manning. Outside of the 6 who have a guaranteed spot you have Wolanin and Lajoie, both showed plenty of promise at different points throughout the season and Brannstrom. One of those three left handed shots are likely to get an opportunity out of camp and the others will be looked at as the season progresses. Manning would block those young defensemen from getting a look at the next level.

No he would not. There is no chance Manning is anywhere good enough to take a spot away from one of your up and coming d-men. He is a cap dump and nothing more.

Unless you're Chiarelli. Then he is worth Caggiula.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
No he would not. There is no chance Manning is anywhere good enough to take a spot away from one of your up and coming d-men. He is a cap dump and nothing more.

Unless you're Chiarelli. Then he is worth Caggiula.

Ottawa does not need or want Manning. Oilers can keep him.

Reactions: Altimus

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
They retain on the cap hit
You can’t just retain a cap hit. You retain a percentage of the contract.

E.g. if Ottawa retains $1.75m of Boedker’s cap hit as per the OP that means they retain 43% of his contract... and therefore have to pay $1.31m in real money towards his salary... so they now are spending $3.31m for the pleasure of having Brandon Manning.

There is no way in hell Ottawa is doing that.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
What about Tierney for Puljujarvi + Conditional 2nd (If Pulju outscores Tierney the 2nd reverts to a 3rd)

I feel like Tierney is going to be the odd man out soonish, and the Sens probably prefer Pageau going forward. (for what he does)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad