Proposal: Puljujarvi to the Senators

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'm a fan of both teams, and I like it for both. That said, I'm not as familiar with Chlapik as some Sens fans (I haven't really followed at all since he was drafted), so I may be undervaluing him.

Reactions: derriko

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
mmm... I'm not sure.

Manning for Boedker is an obvious yes, but I don't know enough about Chlapik. Not a lot of year over year improvement to his AHL numbers so I'd be hesitant as we need immediate help more than another AHL centre battling with Marody and McLeod for top six ice time. The Condors are going to be very good this year and we need to make sure we're developing guys properly.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Getting Melnyk to retain salary is the trickiest part of this.

I don’t mind the proposal, but I’m ok with it if Ottawa doesn’t go after Poolparty. The Sens also have no need for Manning, and there are likely seven dmen ahead of him right now. Boedker sucks, but Ottawa currently only has 10 nhl forwards. Some young guys will likely win spots in camp.

I’d pass.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Ottawa:
LW - Mikkel Boedker $4.00(retain $1.75)
C - Filip Chlapik $0.728

Edmonton:
LD - Brandon Manning $2.25
RW - Jesse Puljujarvi - RFA

On a team devoid of C talent the Sens are going to trade one of their better C prospects for a thug and magic beans who also wants to get paid.

Furthermore you want the Sens to retain, ummm good luck.

This is bad for Sens, Boedker will be flipped at the TDL to the highest bidder. I suspect Chalpik and Brown will be given every opportunity to make the big club.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
On a team devoid of C talent the Sens are going to trade one of their better C prospects for a thug and magic beans who also wants to get paid.

This is bad for Sens, Boedker will be flipped at the TDL to the highest bidder. I suspect Chalpik and Brown will be given every opportunity to make the big club.

All you're basically saying you'd rather keep your magic beans, than trade them for someone else's magic beans.

Fair enough I guess.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
All you're basically saying you'd rather keep your magic beans, than trade them for someone else's magic beans.

Fair enough I guess.

I’m saying that a rebuilding team would prefer to retain and get a pick for a useful player to a team making a run in the playoffs than taking a thug nobody wants and a player that is borderline bust considering where he was drafted.

Hey if you Sens are down go ahead, looking forward seeing the franchise in the dump for many more years......

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Ottawa:
C - Filip Chlapik $0.728

Edmonton:

make sense from the Oilers perspective--not sure for the sens

Money evens out and it gives the oilers a project that may develop

but Like I said--do not get the deal from the sens perspective

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I’m saying that a rebuilding team would prefer to retain and get a pick for a useful player to a team making a run in the playoffs than taking a thug nobody wants and a player that is borderline bust considering where he was drafted.

Hey if you Sens are down go ahead, looking forward seeing the franchise in the dump for many more years......

Weird flex but ok.

Reactions: SensontheRush

scottawa

Apr 21, 2016
My thought process was this,
Ottawa is projected to have the following players at centre. In no particular order:
Anisimov
White
Tierney
Pageau
Brown probably earns a spot.
Ennis who can play in the middle

Anisimov and White can both play on the wings as well.

Without Chlapik, the Senators also have
Norris
Pinto
Lodin

So trading away Chlapik isn’t the end of the world for me. Plus Ottawa is expected to blow this year and have a better chance at winning the lottery... Lafrenière

Manning is straight up a plug and is in the deal because Ottawa will have a bunch of youngsters on this upcoming seasons roster. Also Ottawa still have question marks on the left side of defence. Also Ottawa will need the cap hit to stay at the capfloor.

Puljujarvi has been lack lustre so far in his young career. Don’t know if it’s solely because of him, but I feel like Edmonton’s management of him probably has something to do with it as well. He is a definitely a project, but Ottawa is pretty good at developing talent and the Senators have been known to take on projects before, Turris, Filatov, Latendress, Bishop etc.

And for Boedker, I like him but I can’t see him coming back.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Manning and Pulju for Pageau

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
Benson - RNH - Neal
Nyguard - Pageau - Chiasson

Thats a half decent top 9

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Manning and Pulju for Pageau

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
Benson - RNH - Neal
Nyguard - Pageau - Chiasson

Thats a half decent top 9
Pageau is better than pulju adding Manning means u need to add a 1st

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

As a Sens fan, while I like him I would easily be willing to let Chlapik go in exchange for Pool party. It would be excellent asset management, and definitely worth the risk.

Chlapik is very likely never going be the high end center that the Sens need, and guys like Norris are ready to leapfrog him this year unless he breaks out in a huge way.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
make sense from the Oilers perspective--not sure for the sens

Money evens out and it gives the oilers a project that may develop

but Like I said--do not get the deal from the sens perspective

Puljujarvi could definitely end up being the next Strome, and everything the Sens are giving up are not valuable pieces at all.

I would say that its well worth the risk for a young rebuilding team like the Sens where he would be given the chance to have an increased role and maybe turn his career around.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Meh.

Id toss a third to the Oilers to see if a change of scenery prevents the guy from going total bust. But that's as much as I'd be willing to give up for him.

Id rather hold onto Chaplik, Boedker . . . who cares.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ottawa:
C - Filip Chlapik $0.728

Edmonton:

i think this can be simplified to poolparty+something small for chlapik

ottawa doesnt really have a need or a spot for manning and if edmonton really likes boedker they can go for him but boedker seems more like a trade deadline type deal considering his 4 million cap hit

that being said i rather trade picks for poolparty then chlapik. Ottawa is lacking talent everywhere but especially at center and i rather keep as many of the center prospects as possible for as long as possible and hope someone develops into a top 6 center (since i think those are harder to find)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad