McKenzie: Puljujarvi has requested a trade [Part 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
He currently has no contract of any kind. Edmonton isn't paying him a dime. The only thing Oilers have is the rights for him until 27, if he wants to return to NHL. But I kind of have a feeling this was it for him in the NHL. Edmonton was the easiest team to land a spot in, and he failed miserably. He'll probably play in Oulu for a season, and maybe puts up average results - say, 14+16=30 in 50 GP - and then probably ends up somewhere in Switzerland a few years later, if he still can score decently.
I'd agree but Edmonton has a history of not developing players well.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
At least Pulju will get to play for Kärpät :)
Do they still have room in the roster? Their first pre-season game is in 6 days, so I would imagine their roster is fairly final.

Based on this, they already have 10 D-men and and 17 forwards, but probably many of them will not make the regular season team:
Pelaajat | Kärpät

Edit:
After checking, I would say these forwards are locks:
- Pyörälä
- Pesonen
- Sailio
- Humaloja
- Koblizek
- Kristof
- Lindsten

So that's 7 roster spots taken for sure, but still leaves Pulju some space in 3rd-4th lines.

Mind you, Kärpät is one of the leading teams in Liiga for the past 15 years. Puljujärvi will not just waltz into the team.

Last edited:

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Do they still have room in the roster? Their first pre-season game is in 6 days, so I would imagine their roster is fairly final.

Based on this, they already have 10 D-men and and 17 forwards, but probably many of them will not make the regular season team:
Pelaajat | Kärpät

Edit:
After checking, I would say these forwards are locks:
- Pyörälä
- Pesonen
- Sailio
- Humaloja
- Koblizek
- Kristof
- Lindsten

So that's 7 roster spots taken for sure, but still leaves Pulju some space in 3rd-4th lines.

Mind you, Kärpät is one of the leading teams in Liiga for the past 15 years. Puljujärvi will not just waltz into the team.
You're pretty oblivious about the state of Liiga if you think a player of Puljus pedigree won't just waltz into our team, or any FEL team for that matter.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I thought people knew about this article already, but seemingly not for the time being

E: The one Ilta Sanomat published had more info on it and mentioned the deadline of September for a decision but it currently doesn't look like Pulju wants to play in Edmonton at all.

Jesse Puljujärvi vahvisti Kalevalle: Edmonton jää taakse – "Pysyn Oulussa niin kauan, että minulla on sopimus"

The article states that Puljujärvi will stay in Oulu until he gets an NHL contract and will be traded after it.
He also says that playing in NA (and obviously the NHL) is his aim and he also stated that "I will find a place to play."

Last edited:

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
until he gets an NHL contract and will be traded after it.
IF he gets an NHL contract. And he can only get it from Edmonton. And Edmonton/Holland has repeatedly said they will not trade him unless the trade benefits them. And apparently none of the realistic trades (3rd - 4th round pick, or an average 3rd liner) have been good enough for Holland.
Puljus pedigree
:D

His value is currently less than zero, and even the Liiga teams would think twice before hiring him. Oulu is the most likely, since he was there before. Depending on his performance this season, other teams might show interest. But I think he personally would prefer to continue in Oulu even after proving himself.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
IF he gets an NHL contract. And he can only get it from Edmonton. And Edmonton/Holland has repeatedly said they will not trade him unless the trade benefits them. And apparently none of the realistic trades (3rd - 4th round pick, or an average 3rd liner) have been good enough for Holland.
And that's why I'm welcoming him to Kärpät as he clearly has ties here and enjoys the organisation.

Reactions: mattihp

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland

:D

His value is currently less than zero, and even the Liiga teams would think twice before hiring him. Oulu is the most likely, since he was there before. Depending on his performance this season, other teams might show interest. But I think he personally would prefer to continue in Oulu even after proving himself.
I refuse to believe you're being serious.
Juho f***ing Lammikko just got a top 6 position in Liiga despite only being a 4th line plug in the NHL.
His pedigree of anything on any level is way behind Pulju.. see where I'm going with this?

Puljujärvi has proved more than 95% of the league by just touching the NHL ice.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I'd agree but Edmonton has a history of not developing players well.
Nuge
McDavid
Draisaitl
Nurse
Hall
Eberle
Petry
Klefbom
Khaira
Jones

Yamamoto, Boberg, Bouchard are still a work in progress. They know how to develop kids, the way they handle them after is another story. Bad managing the last few years is a big factor in the recent Oilers history, not being able to make a contending team as well, so you can't be against skilled and PROVEN young stars to want to move out.

The obvious misses are Gagner and Yak.
And even there can we say that both this guys suceeded in NHL? No.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Eventually Holland will find an equal trade for him like he did with lucic. Basically for another potential bust...but oilers fans will get to celebrate like they won the cup lol

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nuge
McDavid
Draisaitl
Nurse
Hall
Eberle
Petry
Klefbom
Khaira
Jones

Yamamoto, Boberg, Bouchard are still a work in progress. They know how to develop kids, the way they handle them after is another story. Bad managing the last few years is a big factor in the recent Oilers history, not being able to make a contending team as well, so you can't be against skilled and PROVEN young stars to want to move out.

The obvious misses are Gagner and Yak.
And even there can we say that both this guys suceeded in NHL? No.
Spin all you want but they had all the lottery wins and mcdavid and still at the bottom of the league. Drafting and development has been a problem.

Yakupov was beyond horrible btw. Nobody f***ed up top picks like the oilers. Name another team that had multiple top pick busts like yak and pulju? Even rnh is underwhelming as a 1st overall

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Nobody ****ed up top picks like the oilers. Name another team that had multiple top pick busts like yak and pulju?
I recently checked this case, and yes. The venerable Oilers are the only team that has had multiple Top 5 picks fail in the league in the past 15 years. No other team has come even close to such a record.

Reactions: DFF

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
I recently checked this case, and yes. The venerable Oilers are the only team that has had multiple Top 5 picks fail in the league in the past 15 years. No other team has come even close to such a record.

Yakupov and? Jesse is trending down but he is not finished yet. Who are these multiple top 5 picks?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Spin all you want but they had all the lottery wins and mcdavid and still at the bottom of the league. Drafting and development has been a problem.

Yakupov was beyond horrible btw. Nobody ****ed up top picks like the oilers. Name another team that had multiple top pick busts like yak and pulju? Even rnh is underwhelming as a 1st overall

Maybe it’s the player and not the development? Yak has proven jack elsewhere and my guess is PooPoo does the same. All tools, no toolbox players that just can’t process the NHL game in a fashion that befits players of their pedigree.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe it’s the player and not the development? Yak has proven jack elsewhere and my guess is PooPoo does the same. All tools, no toolbox players that just can’t process the NHL game in a fashion that befits players of their pedigree.
Maybe

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016

I think Jesse biggest problems is his age (inmaturity) and his agent. Oilers have made some mistakes but Jesse has been his own worst enemy throughout this. What kind of agent thinks it is a good idea to issue an ultimatum when your value is at its lowest and while you have no leverage? Smart moves there.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Yakupov and? Jesse is trending down but he is not finished yet. Who are these multiple top 5 picks?
I personally count Pulju as a bust, especially now that he will no longer play in the NHL. Then there's Yakupov naturally, and I would count Hall as a bust for Edmonton as a team, since he bailed out and improved his game to Hart level after leaving Edmonton.

And while Yamamoto was just #22, his future is looking kinda grim. Though not in such a spectacular fashion as Yakupov and Puljujärvi.

Reactions: MeanMugging91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad