Puljujärvi made 2 goals against Calgary

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's a NHL'er for sure. His floor bare minimum is as a power fwd drive to the net fwd. Who will score 20+ goals a season if he just does that. I think some of us have higher expectations for Jesse. He is just 19. And he has more skills to feature once he gains even more confidence. He's played very well the past 2 games I have seen him in. Hopefully Mclellen is going to keep him in there. The way he has played of late, he definitely deserves the playing time.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The only guys saying that here is a Leafs fan trying to take a dump on Laine. Everyone and their mother thinks that at this point Laine has more potential.

That sir is called slander. Since this lapyd guy the only one who said this at the time of your comment and there is no indication he is a Leaf fan you just used pure fiction in a feeble attempt make Leaf fans look bad. Sad, dishonest and totally not needed considering how much REAL reason Leaf Nation provides for put downs. Thanks for playing, go find another team to invent bullshit about please.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
That sir is called slander. Since this lapyd guy the only one who said this at the time of your comment and there is no indication he is a Leaf fan you just used pure fiction in a feeble attempt make Leaf fans look bad. Sad, dishonest and totally not needed considering how much REAL reason Leaf Nation provides for put downs. Thanks for playing, go find another team to invent bull**** about please.

Ahh..yeah I'm sorry. Had it been BlueBaron making that comment I would have been 100% right. Now that I made a mistake I owned up to it, apologized and we moved on. Anything else you want to clear on?

Reactions: ThewThew

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Ahh..yeah I'm sorry. Had it been BlueBaron making that comment I would have been 100% right. Now that I made a mistake I owned up to it, apologized and we moved on. Anything else you want to clear on?
Awww snarky little back handed apology, how nice.

I make mistakes, I also admit them. I do not slander whole fan bases. Gee, you sure put me in my place....:rolleyes:

I saw your apology and was about to remove my comment, I see now you do not deserve that.

Reactions: ThewThew

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
IMG_0986.JPG
He is so lanky. There is a lot of potential there but he has to get older. Reminds me of Scheifele at his age. If he has a good work ethic he can be a top 6 winger with elite upside.

penalty reviver

Dec 25, 2005
I'm not impressed unless they were high-granny goals. If he gets fed by McD, he really has a chance to explode.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
High-granny is a straight translation from Finnish language. It basically means 'top shelf' but instead of using this we like to include our or someones grandma in this when speaking Finnish. A lot of Finnish announcers talk about 'high-granny'.

I've also heard 'he puts it right in the top leather'. Leather meaning the material covering the back bar.:laugh:

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
High granny is a bit confusing. I would call it an upper granny or top granny so it would make more sense. ;)

Reactions: Gsus

NoOffense

Nov 5, 2014
By comparing Puljujarvi's english and Op's, I am convinced that this thread is made by Pulju himself.:sarcasm:

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
That sir is called slander. Since this lapyd guy the only one who said this at the time of your comment and there is no indication he is a Leaf fan you just used pure fiction in a feeble attempt make Leaf fans look bad. Sad, dishonest and totally not needed considering how much REAL reason Leaf Nation provides for put downs. Thanks for playing, go find another team to invent bull**** about please.
Wow, even the most unrelated thread can be turned to be about the leafs by an obnoxious fan.

Reactions: Plural and Oryxo

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
By comparing Puljujarvi's english and Op's, I am convinced that this thread is made by Pulju himself.:sarcasm:

Are you suggesting that not only did Pulju make two goals, he also made this thread? Is he the maker of all things?

Reactions: Plural

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This thread is the best thread I've seen here today.

Finnish translations are awesome. :laugh:

Btw, Puljujärvi hopefully can "make" more goals in their next game.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Wow, even the most unrelated thread can be turned to be about the leafs by an obnoxious fan.
Yeah crazy for us to call people out who lie about us. We are so unreasonable that way. A normal person might call out the guy doing the slander but no, it has to be bad Leaf fans. Give your head a shake.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Can you guys talk about Puljujärvi, not Finland and other crap? :laugh:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Awww snarky little back handed apology, how nice.

I make mistakes, I also admit them. I do not slander whole fan bases. Gee, you sure put me in my place....:rolleyes:

I saw your apology and was about to remove my comment, I see now you do not deserve that.

Don't really feel like I need you to remove your comment so I think we're done here.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
We're only a few hyped finnish NHLers away from finnish-english google translations becoming the official language on HFBoards :D

I propose that from now on every English hockey phrase is replaced with the word-for-word translation of the corresponding Finnish phrase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad