Puljujärvi made 2 goals against Calgary

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Puljujärvi doesn't score goals. He makes them. Like other people make home made gingerbread.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I would be happy if puljujarvis career year matches Laines rookie year

To be fair, I do think Pulju has a lot of untapped potential and if he can tap that potential he can either be the constant winger for McDavid (which probably means he's going to put up some nice numbers throughout his career) or he could even potentially be the biggest threat for Oilers in 2nd line. It's early to make judgement on such a raw player. Still, I do think he's going to pan out as above average 4th OA pick and that's a win in Oilers column.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He is so lanky. There is a lot of potential there but he has to get older. Reminds me of Scheifele at his age. If he has a good work ethic he can be a top 6 winger with elite upside.

He has that awkward look, and coordination issues which should be fixed by time.

The potential is insane, I just hope Todd doesn't mess with him. He's had a bad habit of it so far.
Bit of a weird thread still.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
He's like Bambi out there. So awkward with the puck and tripping over himself all the time. What a shot on the kid though. Loved him throwing punches in front of their net too.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Talking about awkward, Dave Andreychuk is the most awkward player I've ever seen, and he's in the HHOF, although he probably shouldn't be....

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Edit: Not gonna drop in on this. But really, 2 goals gets a thread?
Although this topic could have been worded better, I still see some discussion value here.

So many people have given unnecessary crap for Pulju and since he has been recently turning it around, we could use this topic to discuss the player. He is still an interesting player for many people and I bet people would be interested in to see how he progresses. In the past, many topics for other players have taken the same turn with the topic of the thread not having much to do with the discussion going on.

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
He's like Bambi out there. So awkward with the puck and tripping over himself all the time. What a shot on the kid though. Loved him throwing punches in front of their net too.
His shot is deadly. He does get ahead of himself though and overskate the puck just a young kid trying too hard. He's definitely starting to settle in nicely.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Watch Tmac bench him next game, teach him a lesson: hat-trick or dont score!

Man Tmac is dropping in my eyes everyday with his coaching.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
The only guys saying that here is a Leafs fan trying to take a dump on Laine. Everyone and their mother thinks that at this point Laine has more potential.

my oh my.

i presume you are referring to me.

that's the thing about trying to have rational discussions or stating a strict opinion/guess on this board. the prevailing mentality so prevalent in todays world = I MUST BE OFFENDED.

how in the world is repeating a guess i've been saying for 2 years in any way possibly 'dumping' on liane?

you poor poor souls, lol.

as for your silly assertion that EVERYONE and their mother is part of the group think i will point out to you that you are wrong. :huh:

at this point his career year might be Laines rookie season

that could be the guess too. we'll know in about a decade or less.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
my oh my.

i presume you are referring to me.

that's the thing about trying to have rational discussions or stating a strict opinion/guess on this board. the prevailing mentality so prevalent in todays world = I MUST BE OFFENDED.

how in the world is repeating a guess i've been saying for 2 years in any way possibly 'dumping' on liane?

you poor poor souls, lol.

as for your silly assertion that EVERYONE and their mother is part of the group think i will point out to you that you are wrong. :huh:

Yeah, I was being bit too harsh. Sorry. Honestly though, considering your posting history it's bit of a backhanded estimate. I guess it's within reason that you just simply think Pulju will be the better player. It's just that so far there's really nothing to go off that suggests that. So the logical step is to think if your personal bias may be clouding you.

But I'll retract my words. I still do think it's likely that your personal bias might be clouding you but it's not meant as a jab similarly as it first was.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Yeah, I was being bit too harsh. Sorry. Honestly though, considering your posting history it's bit of a backhanded estimate. I guess it's within reason that you just simply think Pulju will be the better player. It's just that so far there's really nothing to go off that suggests that. So the logical step is to think if your personal bias may be clouding you.

But I'll retract my words. I still do think it's likely that your personal bias might be clouding you but it's not meant as a jab similarly as it first was.

would you be so kind as to let me know what my 'personal bias' is?

what posting history are you talking about?

for example i don't believe i have EVER made a comment about laine on this board ever.

but yeah just to repeat it would be neat if you could let me know what this 'personal bias' is so i can at least know for myself how i apparently think.

i do acknowledge that you admit you are/were being to harsh. :cool:

i made a guess twoish years ago [before i was even on this board] that i thought pulujarvi would end up the better of the two and i still think that might happen.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
lol except Puju is only one year removed from his draft whereas Bennett is now in year 4. One is legitamtely a lot closer to being a bust than the other one ;)
I was just poking fun at the people who say they are both busts already. Not saying they are

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
would you be so kind as to let me know what my 'personal bias' is?

what posting history are you talking about?

for example i don't believe i have EVER made a comment about laine on this board ever.

but yeah just to repeat it would be neat if you could let me know what this 'personal bias' is so i can at least know for myself how i apparently think.

i do acknowledge that you admit you are/were being to harsh. :cool:

i made a guess twoish years ago [before i was even on this board] that i thought pulujarvi would end up the better of the two and i still think that might happen.

It's specifically the fact that I know you're a big Matthews fan. Although, I'll admit that the toxicity between Laine and Matthews fans may be causing me to jump overboard here but since the lottery there's been a lot of guys with agendas when it comes to Laine and Matthews. I apologize if I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, I also thought (hoped) Pulju would become better player than Laine (I'm from Oulu which is the city Pulju played for before he was drafted) but since I've been following them it's been pretty obvious that Laine has higher upside and higher floor. I was kind of on the fence at the WJC but even then it felt like Laine was better. Ever since that home gold Laine just took off and Pulju hasn't really showed anything that suggests he should be thought of becoming the better player. I guess it's possible but it's not an informed guess, it's a lottery ticket.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
i still think when all is said and done he will be the better player then laine.
Certainly has the potential. Puljujarvi was blessed with really fast twitch muscle fibers while Laine looks to have slow ones. This is huge advantage for Pulju.

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Certainly has the potential. Puljujarvi was blessed with really fast twitch muscle fibers while Laine looks to have slow ones. This is huge advantage for Pulju.

Pulju definitely has the go gear that superstars in todays NHL seem to need, and he's had lots of chances at ES due to it(when playing with actual talent).

It's fun to watch him and McDavid start the rush from their D-zone.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
It's specifically the fact that I know you're a big Matthews fan. Although, I'll admit that the toxicity between Laine and Matthews fans may be causing me to jump overboard here but since the lottery there's been a lot of guys with agendas when it comes to Laine and Matthews. I apologize if I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, I also thought (hoped) Pulju would become better player than Laine (I'm from Oulu which is the city Pulju played for before he was drafted) but since I've been following them it's been pretty obvious that Laine has higher upside and higher floor. I was kind of on the fence at the WJC but even then it felt like Laine was better. Ever since that home gold Laine just took off and Pulju hasn't really showed anything that suggests he should be thought of becoming the better player. I guess it's possible but it's not an informed guess, it's a lottery ticket.

i am an objective fan. this skews or confuses many [not particularly saying you].

wouldn't say i'm a HUGE matthews fan, for example to me there are no ifs, and's or buts that mcdavid is a tier above him at this time. i am a maple leafs fan and i appreciate his style of game [though i would like to see him more physically engaged].

i can appreciate that my way of looking at things does not follow the group think line. i think the way i think for no purpose, it's just the way i think. i do not have agendas.

but i do appreciate you apologizing and thank you for that.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
i am an objective fan. this skews or confuses many [not particularly saying you].

wouldn't say i'm a HUGE matthews fan, for example to me there are no ifs, and's or buts that mcdavid is a tier above him at this time. i am a maple leafs fan and i appreciate his style of game [though i would like to see him more physically engaged].

i can appreciate that my way of looking at things does not follow the group think line. i think the way i think for no purpose, it's just the way i think. i do not have agendas.

but i do appreciate you apologizing and thank you for that.

Fair enough. Sorry to jump on you.

Reactions: Iapyi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad