Rumor: Pulju and Barrie Out & Ekholm In With $2.062 Million in Cap, We Want MOAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
If the Oilers add another d-man, I wouldn't be shocked if Cody Ceci is going the other way. For example, Klingberg at 75% retention for Ceci and a 2nd, or something like that.

Nurse - Klingberg
Broberg - Ekholm
Kulak - Bouchard
I think going from Ceci to Klingberg might be a step in the wrong direction for our D. But adding Klingberg at 75% and still keeping Ceci might work.

Reactions: Captain Controversy

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If he gets hurt ... or sick ... how confident are you that Jack can carry the load in the playoffs.
Not confident, but I’d say there are more pressing needs that should be addressed first. Avs won the Cup last year with bad goaltending. But yes, I get the concern for sure - Oilers had even worse goaltending than the Avs, which was the difference in the series imo.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
OK you're right. We could waive Campbell and trade our 24 1st for a career backup.

Don't think that's a good idea though.
We don't have to do the trade 24 1st part. But we should absolutely be doing everything in our power to ensure Campbell is no longer an active Oilers roster player. Waivers, AHL bury, LTIRetirement. Everything.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I would be ok with Klingberg at 75%

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Klingberg

Ceci's regression this season is concerning. Not a lot of upgrades out there, with Jensen gone

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It's gotta be yams going. Ceci is too useful.
1st + Yams

Moving a 1st and Yams for a dman who can't play defense to save his life in Klingberg?
giphy.gif

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Bertuzzi. Expiring deal.
That would work as well... bit of an advantage that Perron is a right shot... but Perron has a NTC and Bertuzzi doesn't so easier to make a Bertuzzi deal work I would assume.

Like others have said though... Yzerman at one point said that Bertuzzi was off the market so they must think they have a decent shot at making the playoffs and/or re-signing Bertuzzi.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I wonder if a late deadline deal is Yamomoto for Domi? Both are 3M players but Yam is club controlled next year. If Domi is going to test the ufa market, the Chicago may as well get something for him. Even if we have to toss in a B prospect or 4th round pick.

I am not certain how many buyers are left who are looking for a Domi.

Domi or Eller for Yams would round off this deadline nicely.

Reactions: Mr Sakich

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Not confident, but I’d say there are more pressing needs that should be addressed first. Avs won the Cup last year with bad goaltending. But yes, I get the concern for sure - Oilers had even worse goaltending than the Avs, which was the difference in the series imo.

Like I'm glad we have Skinner, but waiving Jack ( nobody will touch him ) and finding a cheap veteran goalie to help settle the back there would be huge. Doesn't have to be Patrick Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad