News Article: Puck Daddy Article: Most Disappointing Events for the Blues

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I made a joke regarding Karlsson. The Blues wouldn't have picked him, they would have chosen...probably Teubert or Myers. Presuming the Blues and Blackhawks switch spots in the 2008 draft of course.

So is Myers + Toews worth Pietrangelo?
How about Teubert + Toews?

Either way the Blues wouldn't have their #1 defenseman.

I said I'd rather have Toews over AP straight up in a vacuum, so yea, if we got Myers as an added bonus, then I'd be even more happy.

Personally, I'm not as down on Myers as a lot of other people are. He was a young player who had super success in his first two years, but then his play went to crap around the same time Buffalo went to crap. You can make the argument that it's chicken and egg, but honestly, I've read enough reports to know that when Terry Pegula bought that team, and then went out and spent obscene amounts of money on middle tier players, it created a country club type of atmosphere in the locker room, which is about the worst thing you can have for a young player who's had success. Is it shocking to anyone that the year after Pegula went on that spending spree Myers fell off the map in terms of play? I'm really curious as to what would have happened to Myers if Pegula hadn't purchased the team and basically changed the entire culture overnight, not to mention handing him a ridiculous extension before his ELC was up.

As for your #1 Dman question, I'd say that I'd be pretty comfortable with Jay-Bo as our #1 Dman, and I'm assuming we'd still get him. Is he in the same rarefied air as Doughty or Keith? No. But he's still pretty darn serviceable.

In the end, I'm happy we have AP, and I love our team as currently constructed. However it does suck to see Toews playing in Red and Black, and personally living in Chicago, having to hear everyone with an IQ over 10 tell me that he's the second coming, while our supposed dynasty starting building block didn't even last 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad