GDT: PSG # 5 - Oilers@Jets - 6PM MT - Oilers.com/SN?/630CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Does Woodcroft know this is the Oilers camp not the Condors? This has to be the least amount of Vets ever dressed in an Oilers Preseason. Hard to get a gauge of a player when their whole line and maybe the defense is all play well above their abilities. Rush chances only, very little offensive zone time seams pointless...

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

yuck

Does Woodcroft know this is the Oilers camp not the Condors? This has to be the least amount of Vets ever dressed in an Oilers Preseason. Hard to get a gauge of a player when their whole line and maybe the defense is all play well above their abilities. Rush chances only, very little offensive zone time seams pointless...
vets likely rest of the way after this

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
There’s a lot of preseason games though, still like 4-5 left after this I think.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
There’s a lot of preseason games though, still like 4-5 left after this I think.
Three games left after tonight, this is number 5 Oilers will play 8 in total.

Would be great to see how Holloway or Bourgault ect are with actual quality NHLers on their line.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Three games left after tonight, this is number 5 Oilers will play 8 in total.
You’re right then. I’d at least like to see a mixed lineup. Like play Hyman and RNH with Holloway, basically add guys into the mix with the vets. Rest a handful of vets and let some rookies play with NHL line mates.

Hopefully these younger guys can get some goals because unfortunately they haven’t been able to take control all on their own yet.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Agree. These games are irrelevant for players with their roster spots locked up. I’m not even a particularly big fan of Puljujarvi, but it’s like every single shift generates a page of hate from some.
Jesse's spot is far from locked up lol.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Last chance Texaco for some of these guys before being sent down or cut. 2nd of a back 2 back, so it makes sense.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I find his lines a little bizarre to be honest.

Seems like Janmark - Shore - Ryan are a line tonight. Seems like we have seen this combo a few times. Makes me think it’s a possibility of being the actual fourth line. But I don’t think Shore is a top 12 forward unless the Oilers aren’t planning on having Holloway on the roster, which seems dumb to me.

But then we see Holloway - Malone - JP. Hopefully we see Holloway play with some top 9 combinations in the final 3 games.

Then Borgault just gets tossed with non skilled guys. I dunno, just feels like setting up guys for failure. Feels like an old school coach making the lines honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Holloway Malone JP
Janmark Shore Ryan
Benson Hamblin Virtanen
Esposito McKegg Bourgault

Broberg Demers
Samorukov Kesselring
Neimelainen Kemp

I think that's the Oilers F and D lineups tonight as I tried to type quickly as Stauffer was saying it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad