@
305047582012.gif

2-2-0____2-1-0
Date: Saturday, Oct 1st
Time: 6:00 PM/MT

Television:
Streamed on Oilers.com - >>>Stream Link<<<
TSN3 (SK/MB)
Channel 350 on Shaw (not sure if blacked out in AB)

Radio:
630 CHED The OILERS radio network

Last Encounter:
February 26, 2016

Season Series:
Sept 25th, 2022 - Jets 0 @ Oilers 4 (PS)
Oct 1st, 2022 - Oilers@Jets (PS)
Dec 31st, 2022 - Jets@Oilers
Mar 3rd, 2023 - Jets@Oilers
Mar 4th, 2023 - Oilers@Jets

Projected Lineups:

OILERS:
Janmark - Shore - Ryan
Holloway - Malone - Puljujarvi
Benson - Hamblin - Virtanen
Esposito - McKegg - Bourgault

Broberg - Demers
Niemelainen - Kesselring
Samorukov - Kemp

Skinner
Pickard

JETS:
Perfetti-Dubois-Wheeler
Maenalanen-Lowry-Appleton
Harkins-Toninato-Stenlund
Lambert-Gustafsson-Reichel

Dillon-Pionk
Stanley-Schmidt
Heinola-Samberg

Hellebuyck/Rittich

Preview: (NHL.com)

Last edited:

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Oh nice.

I was just typing up a scuffed GDT since we were getting close to game time.

Still haven't found a confirmed Oilers lineup but it looks like JP and Bourgault are in at least from Oilers twitter.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Oh nice.

I was just typing up a scuffed GDT since we were getting close to game time.

Still haven't found a confirmed Oilers lineup but it looks like JP and Bourgault are in at least from Oilers twitter.
JP has been very underwhelming so far.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
JP has been very underwhelming so far.

I don’t think hes been as bad a people make it out to be. His play doesn’t inspire confidence but I think people are making too much out of preseason. It’s not like Kane or Hyman did much yesterday. Just feels a little too pitchforky here. If hes bad in the regular season, then go nuts.

Just nice to have hockey back.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
1664661661755.png

Watch the game on SN Troll..... Doesn't show up on the guide.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
1229852023.gif
@
305047582012.gif

3-1-0____2-1-0
Date: Saturday, Oct 1st
Time: 6:00 PM/MT
Television: Streamed on Oilers.com (Link to come)
Radio: 630 CHED The OILERS radio network

Last Encounter:
February 26, 2016

Season Series:
Sept 25th, 2022 - Jets 0 @ Oilers 4 (PS)
Oct 1st, 2022 - Oilers@Jets (PS)
Dec 31st, 2022 - Jets@Oilers
Mar 3rd, 2023 - Jets@Oilers
Mar 4th, 2023 - Oilers@Jets

Projected Lineups:

OILERS:
12 Forwards, 6 defencemen, and a goalie

JETS:
12 Forwards, 6 defencemen, no captain, and a goalie

Preview: (NHL.com)

Oilers preseason record is 2-2 btw.

a4ab83f5ae.png

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don’t think hes been as bad a people make it out to be. His play doesn’t inspire confidence but I think people are making too much out of preseason. It’s not like Kane or Hyman did much yesterday. Just feels a little too pitchforky here. If hes bad in the regular season, then go nuts.

Agree. These games are irrelevant for players with their roster spots locked up. I’m not even a particularly big fan of Puljujarvi, but it’s like every single shift generates a page of hate from some.

Reactions: Nunymare

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

Its been pretty clear for a couple of years what JP is and what he is not. After tonight the top 6 audition will finally be over and it will be up to management to convince him to carve out a third line career. He could be and excellent defensive guy if he concentrated on that and eventually get some 2nd line fill in time.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019

I don’t consider myself pitchforky at all. I’m just going off the body of work I’ve seen so far. Kane and Hyman have proven themselves and haven’t been called into question about there level of play so they deservedly get a pass IMO. JP hasn’t earned that yet. He needs to put a stamp on this game, if not then I’ve kinda got no reason to continue to beleive that he’s going to be much of a player for us ever.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I don’t consider myself pitchforky at all. I’m just going off the body of work I’ve seen so far. Kane and Hyman have proven themselves and haven’t been called into question about there level of play so they deservedly get a pass IMO. JP hasn’t earned that yet. He needs to put a stamp on this game, if not then I’ve kinda got no reason to continue to beleive that he’s going to be much of a player for us ever.
I agree that Kane and Hyman are proven. That’s why they got paid 5 mil plus for 5 years plus.

JP and Yamamoto are nhl players but are inconsistent. Thats why they get paid 3 mil on 1-2 year deals.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Puljujarvi started out ok, even promising in yesterday's game but when he missed a few plays, flubbed shots or had plays die with him.. you could almost see and feel the sag from him. Frustrating to watch and I've no idea how the organization is going to try and prop / support him as he tries to fight back to where he was in the first 35 games last season.

Hopefully the game is streamed because it's not showing up in the channel guide for SNW, at least as it stands now.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I agree that Kane and Hyman are proven. That’s why they got paid 5 mil plus for 5 years plus.

JP and Yamamoto are nhl players but are inconsistent. Thats why they get paid 3 mil on 1-2 year deals.
But at least Yamamoto is showing he’s got game right now.

Reactions: McBooya42

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

It’s partially driven by narrative, but it also makes sense when you think about Pulju’s resume and the expectations surrounding him.

Everyone keeps saying he’s ready for and going to take the next step this year, but nothing I’ve seen suggests that. In fact, he probably looked better at the beginning of last season than he does now.

Again, it’s not a huge deal until the season starts but pre-season doesn’t mean nothing.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Assuming Skinner in net. No idea after that

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Oilers site says this game is on Sportsnet but my guide says differently. Again, thanks for nothing Sportsnet.

Reactions: Sanchez

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
FYI Centre Ice free preview is over; at least on Shaw. Game is now blacked out here which makes perfect sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad