Ps4/TV cold test

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Currently running my ps4 and crappy samsung tv outside in -13 cel. These have not been inside for at least a year and currently reading/playing The Pacific just fine. Played online games during the day also

Does anyone have any experience with lower temps and/or failures? Im just curious at what temp this might be getting into danger territory

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I know rechargeable batteries degrade over time in the cold. It will get to the point of not being able to hold a charge. Maybe keep the controllers indoors? Also, like the poster above said, as long as there is no moisture, you should be fine.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't have experience with any low temp stuff but I would think high temps would be worse than low, as long as you avoid moisture you should be ok
Condensation is extremely likely running a tv at those temps, probably best to have it running 24/7 so it stays warm. Not sure the solution for the ps4

Going from cold to warm creats big time condensation, will easily break electronics. Always let a piece of electronics sit for a few days before powering on if youre bringing it in from the cold.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Currently running my ps4 and crappy samsung tv outside in -13 cel. These have not been inside for at least a year and currently reading/playing The Pacific just fine. Played online games during the day also

Does anyone have any experience with lower temps and/or failures? Im just curious at what temp this might be getting into danger territory

I live in Toronto and have had my Sony TV in my garage for 3-4 years now and haven’t had any problems. The temperature here can drop as low as -25 maybe colder. I don’t have a console hooked up to it but have an android box which works out there still as well.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I live in Toronto and have had my Sony TV in my garage for 3-4 years now and haven’t had any problems. The temperature here can drop as low as -25 maybe colder. I don’t have a console hooked up to it but have an android box which works out there still as well.
Im near Toronto as well. My setup is kept under a huge awning in my backyard (think carport roof). Overnight it gets covered with a blanket. The need to game outside is real :)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Good parents are always encouraging their kids to play outside. This must be what they mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad