PS4 HFBoards Tournament Series - TOURNAMENT CLOSED

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
NeutralityEleven (Russia) 3 - Draisaitl (Germany) 1

I felt bad going into this one having Russia as my only team left to use. Draisaitl held up well in the first period and couldn't quite bury one on 7 powerplay chances. I made one decent play to score a nice goal and the rest of the game can be chalked up to Russia being faster than Germany.

Well played though, good luck buddy.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
AHL-Grand Rapids
Providence
Hershey

Oh boy..

AHL Tournament is over (as said in the first of two main posts in this thread), and the current National Tournament is full. Almost done the Round Robin portion. But,

if you're interested in competing in future HFBoards Series Tournament's let me know, and I'll put your name on a list. Thanks.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Today's the last day to get Round Robin games done.

After today (would be ideal for you to finish by 10et) all unfinished games will be voided as 0-0 ties.

Playoffs may be a little bit altered considering I won't be around for day one of the Playoffs. Not to sure what I'll do yet.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Willing to move the Round Robin deadline to Saturday at 7et, but only if I get a good enough consensus and if you guys are willing to have them done by Monday.

Let me know, and I'll extend the deadline. Thanks.

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Willing to move the Round Robin deadline to Saturday at 7et, but only if I get a good enough consensus and if you guys are willing to have them done by Monday.

Let me know, and I'll extend the deadline. Thanks.

I can setup the playoffs whenever you need. I don't know about anyone else but I won't be playing on the 24th or 25th so I'd suggest staying on task or just one extra day. Deadlines are there for a reason.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I can setup the playoffs whenever you need. I don't know about anyone else but I won't be playing on the 24th or 25th so I'd suggest staying on task or just one extra day. Deadlines are there for a reason.

I'll be around Sat/Sun to do the Playoffs. I meant as long as they had Playoffs done for Monday (the set deadline). Round Robin to be done Sat at 7et.

Looking like no point in extending the deadline anyway. I'll just let them all be voided as seams like noones playing.

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
It is what it is, I wouldn't extend the deadline to benefit people who haven't played their games. If they dont play thats less potential points earned which will make their playoff road that much tougher.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
It is what it is, I wouldn't extend the deadline to benefit people who haven't played their games. If they dont play thats less potential points earned which will make their playoff road that much tougher.

I don't think a majority care. I get that it's the holidays, but every tournament seams t o have less interest, and the interest slowly declines.

Thank you to the people who tried there best to staying committed and trying to make the best tournament they could for themselves.

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
I'm going out of town Sunday morning, so if there's any way we could be done by then, that would be awesome. Also, didn't hear from Wennberg at all, so idk what you want to do there. I'm willing to play as quickly as possible as long as you guys are too.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Deadlines over. Calibrating the playoffs now. I will be out of town, so first person between Domrie or Draisaitl to let me know can take my spot.

Playoffs up soon.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
National (By Team) Tournament Results:

Division 1:
National (By Team) Tournament Division 1 < Click Here

Division 2:
National (By Team) Tournament Division 2 < Click Here

Division 3:
National (By Team) Tournament Division 3 < Click Here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Round Robin Standings:
1. With all do respect - 3-1-0
2. habs1995 - 3-0-1
3. VZagarrigo - 2-2-0
4. Nifty Mittens - 2-2-0
---------------------------------- < BYES
5. NeutralityEleven - 2-2-0
6. RheaumeForever - 2-2-0
7. JClaus33 - 2-1-1
8. The Dream - 2-0-2
9. Eggberto - 1-3-0
10. JaredCowenFan - 1-2-1
11. iFishyHD - 1-1-2
12. Wennberg - 1-0-3
---------------------------------- < ELIMINATED
13. Domrie 0-3-1
14. Draisaitl - 0-2-2
15. leafsfan1992 - 0-1-3

Came down to goals scored between VZag, Nifty, Neutrality and Rheaume on who got the byes.

Was an easy decision to eliminate those who did not record a win in Round Robin play. Although, there's a twist here...

I will be out of town all tomorrow/afternoon saturday, SO, between the eliminated Domrie and Draisaitl (not counting leafs as he dropped out), first one of you to respond to me get my spot in the Playoffs.

If you didn't figure out how the Playoffs will work for Round 1, it's as follows:

5. (NeutralityEleven) vs. 12. (Wennberg)
6. (RheaumeForever) vs. 11. (iFishyHD)
7. (JClaus33) vs. 10. (Domrie OR Draisaitl)
8. (The Dream) vs. 9. (Eggberto)

National (By Team) Playoffs < Click Here

The deadline for these playoffs and the winners of the Erik Karlsson and Ryan McDonagh will be decided with the deadline being Monday (Dec. 22nd).

This will be our last tournament as a group intell atleast the New Year (there's a Champions tournament, with the winners of all tournaments competing) after Christmas, but this will be our last one for now.

I'd personally like to thank every single person (lots of new members) that has participated in the HFBoards Tournament Series, and a thank you to NeutralityEleven for this opportunity in taking over the back-half of the Tournament Series. I definitely learned alot.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
I played Domrie:

JClaus(Canada) 4-3 win vs Domrie(Canada)

gg, habs let me know when you can play, I'd like to play ASAP

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
I asked you to update that my loss against you was in OT JCF and as predicted, I don't have a bye that I should. Not worried about it now, but...

eca501f82483cf063f73045316c8c2a1.jpg

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I asked you to update that my loss against you was in OT JCF and as predicted, I don't have a bye that I should. Not worried about it now, but...

eca501f82483cf063f73045316c8c2a1.jpg

If you knew I was going to fail to do it, why bring it up, lol.

I quite don't know what you mean. The records only go as WIN-LOSS-TIE (inless I've been doing it completely wrong for several tournaments now). You would've got the bye but Nifty had one more goal than you, hence me saying how close it was between players getting byes.

The way I like to run it is the way I see it, as WIN-LOSS-TIE with combined wins/goals scored as tiebreakers. Again, if I've been running it wrong, let me know. But I don't know what you mean, as I see the bracket having either wins or losses and then ties = games not being completed. With no Overtime/Shootout points in losses being implemented.

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
The standings will be determined as such: 2 points for a win, 1 point for an OT loss, 0 points for a regulation loss. Standings tiebreakers: Wins, Goal Differential, Total Goals For.

I didn't get credit for an OT loss, you listed a regular one. I gave you a heads up about this, but I'm really not worried about it man it's okay.

The 0-0 games don't count for anything, there are no ties. The unplayed games shouldnt be marked as anything in the standings.

Keep 'er as is.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
The standings will be determined as such: 2 points for a win, 1 point for an OT loss, 0 points for a regulation loss. Standings tiebreakers: Wins, Goal Differential, Total Goals For.

I didn't get credit for an OT loss, you listed a regular one. I gave you a heads up about this, but I'm really not worried about it man it's okay.

The 0-0 games don't count for anything, there are no ties. The unplayed games shouldnt be marked as anything in the standings.

Keep 'er as is.

I get that part, and I noticed your brackets were always different than mine. Mainly because you had the goal differential stat added, while I didn't. Probably because I never knew how to add it without having to take away another column of statistics.

I also get that, but I also noticed you never had a problem with the way I was running it untell it was something you weren't credited for, and I know I snubbed you on that, not intentionally, more so on a lack of knowledge.

If you want the bye (and I know you don't care for it now like you said), but I can always edit it in, and I'm sure Nifty wouldn't care at all; but I won't be able to have confidence running anymore tournaments knowing I lack in knowledge of making the tournament the best it could be.

I'm just glad this is pretty much my last tournament, I'm done chasing after people to play games and people getting mad at me. I'm discouraged to try to run anymore, now feeling like I've made multiple mistakes, most of which probably went unnoticed.

Sorry.

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
That's my fault for not showing you how to run the bracket site differently. I'm not interested in the bye,
I'd rather play Wennberg and experience playing against someone different! Put Mittens back up there and slot me 5th. Besides, Im in it for fun since I paid for the Karlsson lol.

You've been great man, honestly it's been cool watching you run things and learning on the fly. It sucks when people don't play but thats the nature of the beast, I feel your pain lol.

Lets just polish the rest of this off and finish what we started! Good luck in the playoffs guys, rooting for someone different to take it home but...you know, JClaus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad