(PS3) EASHL - Morning Sherwood

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
Hey,

Do you want to play EASHL but are you frustrated with your inability to find a club outright, find a club that is active, or find a club that plays the game like it's real hockey? Personally, I think the third point poses the greatest challenge, which is why I've created a club: Morning Sherwood.

I basically created this club in an attempt to find people who can play hockey the way it's played in real life. If you have real life hockey experience, that's probably a plus as you'll probably fit in well. If not, then don't sweat it. You can be taught the most basic concepts of hockey strategy pretty easily if you're not dense.

Ground rules:
1) Do not talk about Morning Sherwood
2) Play your position. If you're a defenseman and consistently down deep behind the net in the attacking zone, and vice versa with forwards in our end, you will probably be unceremoniously cut.
3) Take smart shots when they're available to you. Don't be afraid to shoot when it's given to you.
4) Pass the puck when you have nowhere else to go, even if it means passing it back to the D to reset the play. Don't make stupid turnovers trying to be a hero. Even dumping the puck is better than a bad turnover in the neutral zone.
5) We play to win games -- if you want to win or want to learn how to play an effective team game, this is a good club for you. I don't mind playing with people who want to improve.
6) Don't be a jerk off. Everyone makes mistakes and if you get that pissed over a video game, you probably need to step back and re-evaluate your life up to this point. Also, if you're a jerk I'm likely to be biased as hell against you and cut you for minor mistakes.
7) Be over 18, or at least act like it -- probably won't make exceptions to this rule but we'll see.
8) Probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

Want to play?

1) Post here with your PSN, position(s), and anything else I should know about you.
2) Send a PSN friend request to girouxtangclan
3) I'll let you know when you've been added to the club.

There's no tryouts and there's no barrier to joining at the moment, since it's a new club. If you suck badly, aren't willing to take advice, and/or are just a jerk, you'll be dropped. You don't have to play your way onto MSW, but you can definitely play your way off.

Anyway, looking forward to playing. Cheers.

CanucksCupHopes*

Psn: YO_YO_PZ98
Position: Goalie

I am 85% active

Looking forward to join

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
Also, I'm going to bed now, so I'll play with everyone who posts tomorrow night. Cheers.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
A lot of talk about cutting people in the OP but you don't make a single mention of how good you are yourself?
nevermind-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-214.gif

On another note, your PSN is amazing

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
Postions: Goaltender/Defense(either side, but I'm better as a goaltender anyways)

PSN: WestleySnipe

I love the real hockey play, I hate this rush and try and get the puck deep crap, it's how the team I'm playing with right now is, and it's Pejorative Slured. Sure it gets us like 4 or 5 goals a game, but it leaves me as tender wide open for breakaways, and I can't stop all 10 I face each game.

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
A lot of talk about cutting people in the OP but you don't make a single mention of how good you are yourself?

On another note, your PSN is amazing

What would I need to say about how good I am? I'm obviously good enough to understand what I'm looking for in a club, which is why I made the team. If you want to see for yourself, leave your PSN and get a few games in with me tonight.

By the way, I didn't intend for my original post to scare anyone off or sound more intense than it should be. I wrote it last night after coming home from a hockey game that we lost and had a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

Basically, you won't get cut if you're willing to learn and listen. And I'm not perfect either, so I can take advice from people as well. It should be the kind of club where the players help everyone get better and develop an understanding of how solid hockey is played. Really, the only way to get cut is if you're a bonehead or think you're above respectful, constructive criticism.
'
To the guys who left PSNs, we'll play tonight when I get home from work. Cheers.

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
Coming online in like 90 minutes or so. Let's get a couple of good, fun games in tonight. I had a long day at work.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Would love to join a new team.

2 Way RH Defender here. I like rushing the puck and setting people up, but know my place when it comes to our own end. Also I'm always open for a point shot :D.

PSN: Lord_Of_War

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
I'm not very "good" in the "find glitches and dominate" style, I like to play real hockey (not that I'm any good at that either).

But I am a PASS-FIRST winger, and I am on late at night (10 pm to 2 am Pacific).

I'll be hitting you up (as JPSchmack)

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
You left our club? Is that why you've ignored invites? :laugh:

I didn't ignore anything. I wasn't online when I got any invites, and then I've been on the past three days and nobody was on to play. I figured it was dead when I saw other people were leaving. Sorry man, nothing personal.

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
Logged on now. I sent everyone who posted their PSN a friend request. I'll send club invites as well.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Sweet I've been looking for an EASHL team. SN is the same as my username here I'll throw you a friend request

I can play D or C (I seem to win like 90% of faceoffs in VS games online but that might be a fluke)

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
Sweet I've been looking for an EASHL team. SN is the same as my username here I'll throw you a friend request

I can play D or C (I seem to win like 90% of faceoffs in VS games online but that might be a fluke)

Cool, sent you an invite. Join up and swing by the dressing room.

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
Solid first game. Lord_Of_War, theaub, and me teamed up for a 2-1 OT victory in our first ever game. Will send another round of invites out to whoever is online and maybe we can get a 5s or 6s game going.

Cartered

Jul 23, 2007
GGs tonight guys. A couple of losses to round out our first win, but every game was pretty close and every team we played had 60 or more games experience to our three. I think if we stick with it and keep playing this way we'll get better and start beating these teams. Hope to see you guys around tomorrow or Thursday (have practice tomorrow night so I might not be around. Feel free to play without me though). Cheers.

P.S. Sorry for the missed penalty shot at the end there.

SixThrees

Om nom nom
Jul 2, 2011
It might be my current set up (PS3 > Computer > Speakers) but every mic I've encountered so far carry over a lot of static. So much so that I can only pick out a few words here and there. Hopefully none of you were actively trying to get my (Niedermayer #27) attention as I would have no idea.

I tried switching to HDMI audio, which is why I skipped game 3, but I get the same result. Hopefully it's not a big issue going forward.

Good game tonight guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad