Post-Game Talk: PS3 7:08 PM - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON – The Boston Bruins announced today the roster and schedule for their preseason game against the Philadelphia Flyers on September 29.

GAME ROSTER:

Forwards: Alex Chiasson, John Farinacci, A.J. Greer, Brett Harrison, Danton Heinen, Jakub Lauko, Brad Marchand, Georgii Merkulov, David Pastrnak, Matt Poitras, Anthony Richard, Pavel Zacha

Defensemen: Hampus Lindholm, Mason Lohrei, Charlie McAvoy, Kevin Shattenkirk, Reilly Walsh, Parker Wotherspoon

Goaltenders: Kyle Keyser, Linus Ullmark

BRUINS SCHEDULE:

Friday, September 29 (Warrior Ice Arena/TD Garden)

-Pre-game skate, 11:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)
-Assistant Coach Joe Sacco and select players available to media following pre-game skate
-Preseason game vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. (TD Garden | TV: NESN+ | Radio: 98.5)
-Assistant Coach Joe Sacco and select players available to the media following the game

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
First look at Shattenkirk in a Bruins jersey. Interesting to see Lohrei right back in there. I don't think he's auditioning for this year, at least not for the opening roster, but management are clearly pretty high on him and wanting an extended look at how he handles a semi-NHL environment.

Quite possibly the last chance to impress (for now) for Merkulov and Richard. Poitras and Harrison are longer-term prospects and while I know Poitras in particular has high ambitions, and good on him for that, I'd say this preseason is more about the experience. Excited to see what he can do here after a very promised first game though.

I expect to see Greer, Chiasson and Lauko playing hard. The battle for bottom 6 spots is tight so every chance those guys get to make their case is important. I know Greer and Lauko are better placed than some based on what they achieved last year but neither feels assured. Heinen I'm less sure how much he needs to do to impress. He is what he is and Boston either wants that or they don't.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Blades says FU to the sons of stupid Gritty.

1695989055323.png

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
BOSTON – The Boston Bruins announced today the roster and schedule for their preseason game against the Philadelphia Flyers on September 29.

GAME ROSTER:

Forwards: Alex Chiasson, John Farinacci, A.J. Greer, Brett Harrison, Danton Heinen, Jakub Lauko, Brad Marchand, Georgii Merkulov, David Pastrnak, Matt Poitras, Anthony Richard, Pavel Zacha

Defensemen: Hampus Lindholm, Mason Lohrei, Charlie McAvoy, Kevin Shattenkirk, Reilly Walsh, Parker Wotherspoon

BRUINS SCHEDULE:

-Assistant Coach Joe Sacco and select players available to media following pre-game skate
-Preseason game vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. (TD Garden | TV: NESN+ | Radio: 98.5)
-Assistant Coach Joe Sacco and select players available to the media following the game

Not going to be the forward lines run in practice. Any guesses?

Marchand/Zacha/Pastrnak
Greer/Richard/Chiasson
Heinen/Poitras/Lauko
Harrison/Merkulov/Farinacci

That's roughly how I'd do it, though I suspect that Harrison and Poitras will be paired together based on practice.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Not going to be the forward lines run in practice. Any guesses?

Marchand/Zacha/Pastrnak
Greer/Richard/Chiasson
Heinen/Poitras/Lauko
Harrison/Merkulov/Farinacci

That's roughly how I'd do it, though I suspect that Harrison and Poitras will be paired together based on practice.
I’d guess…

Richard Zacha Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Heinen
Harrison Merkulov Chiasson
Greer Farinacci Lauko

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Shattenkirk
Wotherspoon Walsh

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

GAME ROSTER:

BRUINS SCHEDULE:

I'm surprised Farinacci still standing. Maybe token of appreciation/hand shake for joining Bs.

Good to see OHL folk gaining pro experience before heading back.

What an opportunity for Richard! Hope he performs well. Cheer for the underdog!

Going to miss this game. Looking forward to recaps. Enjoy!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'm surprised Farinacci still standing. Maybe token of appreciation/hand shake for joining Bs.
Yeah it's a head scratcher. He was fairly abysmal in the two prospect's games in which he played. Maybe they can try him at wing a little bit since he definitely wasn't cutting it at center. Seems like a nice enough young man. Hoping the subpar performance in the prospects games was an aberration and he is able to do well tonight.

Awesome to see Poitras and Harrison back in. Both those guys hold a lot of promise for the future. Fingers crossed that Merkulov shines tonight. Player I am most looking forward to watching is Shattenkirk. Let's see what the vet has left in the tank. Damn near impossible to know much when someone has spent multiple years in Anaheim.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Merkulov needs to show something in this game or pack his bags.
Yup he may need more time in the AHL. I would include Alex Chiasson, A.J. Greer, Danton Heinen, Jakub Lauko, and Anthony Richard to that list as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad