GDT: PS game 6. Sharks begin their Vegas residency 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I hope Kane is suspended but just 2 games so he misses the two vs Vegas. I think it would be a blessing because he always plays horrible against them and his lack of composure hurts the Sharks in these head to head matchups.

While I fully understand and largely agree with this, any player getting suspended for actions taken in preseason game would be a first in stupidity in my recent memory. It's PRESEASON! Why is kane so damn hot? Reminds me of the beer league games where there is always that guy who takes the game way to seriously and takes runs at guys' knees or crosschecks in the back. It's a beer league. It doesnt matter. It's preseason. It doesnt matter.... But regular season does, so getting suspended for the regular season because of stupidity in preseason would be a new low for me.

Kane is a dumbass. Yes, the linesman was a little overzealous, but you gotta keep your head.

I can't wait until wednesday. I wonder who is gunna be in there assuming kane is not suspended.

Meier, Kane, Hertl, Cooch, Labanc, Jumbo, Sorensen, Karlsson, Goodrow, Gambrell... Then 2 of: Radil, Bordzinsky, Bergmann, Yurtaikin. So thin up front and if Kane does get 10 games, which he might, then it's meier hertl cooch and labanc in the top 6 and a steaming pile of borderline NHLers along with a 40 year old.

Dear Jones, Burns, Karlsson, and Vlasic. Be amazing. very. very. very. amazing. Otherwise, it's gunna be a tough october...

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Losing record vs Vegas over the last 2 years. Our wins are razor thin, while they blow us out. Are way down in goal differential. And the eye test is even worse. Vegas is our Daddy. We had no business winning that series last year, and if we played a 7 game series vs them right now, no chance it even goes 7.
You just don't know that. Pure pessimism. Can't base anything on a preseason game. Let's see how these first couple games that actually count go before writing the obituary.

Reactions: jarr92

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder how bad the Sharks have to start for Deboer's job to be in serious jeopardy. They were 2 games from the SCF so that probably buys him some extra leash. Plus the Sharks were able to turn it around after the clamoring for him to get fired last year so DW might give him the benefit the doubt again.
With the losses at the forward position I bet he's never in serious jeopardy this season. Going to take 20+ games to sort out the new hierarchy offensively. Time to see which young guys actually stick and contribute.

Reactions: slocal

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I predict Kane gets 5 games. Usually 10 but the Ref has to bare some responsibility, so they will cut it in half.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Didn't they finish with almost equal records against each other last season? Then the Sharks took 4 of 7 in the playoffs. At least one that Vegas won was a complete gift that no one brings up because of game 7. These teams are plenty close. This was nothing more than a preseason game.
while certainly a nothing preseason game, and while records may be similar, those facets don't take away with what the poster i quoted said. Vegas' system is incredibly effective against ours and we havent adjusted

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I think the Sharks need to wake up and realize that we can’t outscore our problems this year like we could last year. We need to tighten down defensively and Jones really needs to play like an average NHL goaltender.
I think realizing that would also entail us trading for a top 6. We need to try to get as much scoring as possible while improving the team d.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
while certainly a nothing preseason game, and while records may be similar, those facets don't take away with what the poster i quoted said. Vegas' system is incredibly effective against ours and we haven't adjusted
I don't know, the Sharks still carried the play in this game, they just didn't score. I think systems envy is over blown. It's typically the team that gets the better goaltending performance that wins.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Kane is not getting suspended. No way does that rise to the level of a suspension. Sorry Kane haters. Anyway, it was a freakin preseason game. Take a breathe.

Good grief. This is getting ridiculous. There is a very real possibility that Kane gets suspended here and it has nothing to do with “hate”. The league set a clear precedent when they suspended Antoine Vermette 10 games for this:

If they determine that Kane’s play fit the bill for abuse of officials, he will be suspended either three, ten, or twenty games. Based on the stuff that occurred before this, I would assume that he’s getting 3 but I could see it being 10 as well.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Good grief. This is getting ridiculous. There is a very real possibility that Kane gets suspended here and it has nothing to do with “hate”. The league set a clear precedent when they suspended Antoine Vermette 10 games for this:

If they determine that Kane’s play fit the bill for abuse of officials, he will be suspended either three, ten, or twenty games. Based on the stuff that occurred before this, I would assume that he’s getting 3 but I could see it being 10 as well.

I agree that Kane could get suspended, but I dont see the Kane and Vermette incidents as very similar. Vermette's was a blatant, clear as day, 100% intentional slash straight to an official. Kane pushed an official away from him after said official tackled him to the ice. I'll guess a fine and 3 games max. No way what he did, after what that official did, warrants 10 games.

Reactions: Sandisfan and NiWa

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island

That play was deliberate, directed at an unexpecting ref and way worse than Kane's reflex reaction to being accidentally mauled by an official. I don't see them being similar other than refs being involved.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
I don't think the sharks particularly need kane to beat the knights, but who knows. The knights got extra rest in the off season with their early exit and might be fresher, We will see I guess. I doubt he gets more than 2 games if anything. If he gets more, though it will at least show the sharks aren't getting preferential treatment

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I agree that Kane could get suspended, but I dont see the Kane and Vermette incidents as very similar. Vermette's was a blatant, clear as day, 100% intentional slash straight to an official. Kane pushed an official away from him after said official tackled him to the ice. I'll guess a fine and 3 games max. No way what he did, after what that official did, warrants 10 games.

That play was deliberate, directed at an unexpecting ref and way worse than Kane's reflex reaction to being accidentally mauled by an official. I don't see them being similar other than refs being involved.

The force that he used and potential to cause damage were both pretty comparable (very mild) to Vermette’s slash. This definitely wasn’t a reflex reaction either.

I do think that the situations are different because of the stuff that occurred before. I wouldn’t be shocked if the league disciplines the linesman because this was pretty bush league.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

Dude... those aren't similar in anyway. Terrible example. You're just trying to manufacturer an anti Kane argument here. Find something more incidental and similar and we can actually take your outrage serious.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
The force that he used and potential to cause damage were both pretty comparable (very mild) to Vermette’s slash. This definitely wasn’t a reflex reaction either.

I do think that the situations are different because of the stuff that occurred before. I wouldn’t be shocked if the league disciplines the linesman because this was pretty bush league.
I'll be very surprised if Kane sees any discipline for this. But it's DOPS, so you never know.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I don't know, the Sharks still carried the play in this game, they just didn't score. I think systems envy is over blown. It's typically the team that gets the better goaltending performance that wins.

Not disagreeing, though the pattern of us getting stomped by Vegas is getting tired. We consistently have the lesser goaltending and always seem to be playing from behind against them. I know its just preseason, but seeing that trend continue tonight with basically ON rosters is disconcerting.

Reactions: LA Shark

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dude... those aren't similar in anyway. Terrible example.

They don’t have to be. The league set a clear precedent that they will enforce a suspension on this for something extremely mild. In terms of force and potential to cause harm, these were pretty comparable. The linesman who got slashed by Vermette probably didn’t even have a red mark on his leg the next day.

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Not disagreeing, though the pattern of us getting stomped by Vegas is getting tired. We consistently have the lesser goaltending and always seem to be playing from behind against them. I know its just preseason, but seeing that trend continue tonight with basically ON rosters is disconcerting.
We have the lesser goaltending (and maybe defensive play?). I'm 100% with you right there. But that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce