GDT: PS Game 5: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 9/27 4PM EDT

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Columbus Roster:

Forwards: Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Calvert, Chaput, Collins, Dubinsky, Gibbons, Hjalmarsson, Rychel, Tropp, Tynan, Wennberg

Defense: Madaisky, Ponich, Prout, Savard, St. Denis, Weber

Goaltenders: Bobrovsky, McElhinney

Pittsburgh Roster:

29 Marc-Andre Fleury G

37 Jeff Zatkoff G
6 Scott Harrington D

10 Christian Ehrhoff D

13 Nick Spaling F

14 Chris Kunitz F

16 Brandon Sutter F

17 Blake Comeau F

23 Steve Downie F

25 Andrew Ebbett F
32 Pierre-Luc Leblond F

34 Bobby Farnham F

38 Zach Sill F

42 Kasperi Kapanen F

44 Taylor Chorney D

47 Simon Despres D

49 Oskar Sundqvist F

55 Philip Samuelsson D

57 Marcel Goc F

58 Kris Letang D

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Bjorkstrand, Tynan, Colins and Chaput are my picks for next round of cuts. Chaput will be one of the first to get called back up though.

Should be interesting to see how this group hangs, besides Dubi and the goalies we have no starters in.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bjorkstrand, Tynan, Colins and Chaput are my picks for next round of cuts. Chaput will be one of the first to get called back up though.

Should be interesting to see how this group hangs, besides Dubi and the goalies we have no starters in.

Chaput could use more seasoning, but who are our centers if he's cut?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
not trying to be typical 'dispatch mind control' guy since they have been all over him, but i think Chaput is ready and is playing well enough to stick. I don't think he needs more seasoning

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think Chaput is ready to play 4C, I'm just guessing that more icetime and easier competition in Springfield would be better for his development. But I'm also a bit disinclined to put Jenner at center, so that skews my thinking somewhat, and I lean toward keeping Chaput at 4C.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i would rather Boone be up top on a wing than down the roster in center...Chaput can play center well enough...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
"Down the roster"? You know this team doesn't have specific lines...

a boone centerted line is not going to get the brunt of the minutes...very similar to a chaput centered line...so i'd rather he play up with Dubi or Arty than center a line, more than likely, with Anderson and Boll/Tropp

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
a boone centerted line is not going to get the brunt of the minutes...very similar to a chaput centered line...so i'd rather he play up with Dubi or Arty than center a line, more than likely, with Anderson and Boll/Tropp

Might need to convince Richards of that though:

No one in Blue Jackets management or on the coaching staff has lost sight of where Jenner’s long-term future resides; most everyone agrees he is best fit as a center and the consensus was that Jenner would eventually find his way to the middle of the ice.

Last season was a terrific start for the 21-year-old and he may very well end up on the wing again this season, but he’s going to get a chance to play his natural position right out of the chute.

“It’s something that with Boone and where he came from, being a successful center (in junior), that was one position we were thinking…that eventually when he gets to the NHL, he’s going to be a center,” Richards said. “He came in and impressed (last year), and it was tough to take a really good player and put him in Springfield just so he could play center. He turned out to be a really valuable player on the wing.

“It gives us great flexibility that we can take a really good young player and now try him in the middle.”

And why are you thinking he'd be centering Boll and Tropp? Letestu would still be in that spot.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Might need to convince Richards of that though:

And why are you thinking he'd be centering Boll and Tropp? Letestu would still be in that spot.

b/c his limited experience in the NHL playing center...Richards would have to protect him somewhat...

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
b/c his limited experience in the NHL playing center...Richards would have to protect him somewhat...

Yeah, but that doesn't mean burying him on the 4th line. You seem to think it's either 1st or 4th line for some reason. He could easily play center in the middle of the lineup with guys like Foligno, Hartnell, etc.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jenner could center a scoring line but I'd prefer to keep him on the wing and give that role to Letestu, who I see having better vision. And given how effective Jenner is in front of the net and along the boards, why would we want to move him away from those roles?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Yeah, but that doesn't mean burying him on the 4th line. You seem to think it's either 1st or 4th line for some reason. He could easily play center in the middle of the lineup with guys like Foligno, Hartnell, etc.

"burying him" but i thought there was no difference in lines? I said protecting him...not burying him...sure he could play with Foligno and Hartnell, but Richards isn't putting him there...we all are pretty sure of that...you're arguing for the sake of arguing...its my opinion Richards would protect him...despite what coachspeak he puts out there...and my opinion is that i'd rather he play on Dubi or Arty's wing than play on another line...

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
With Horton and possibly Joey both out of the line up on opening night, I think we have to maximize the potential of the top 9 and that would include both Letestu and Jenner in the top nine. Heck Jenner is the only member of our "top line" from last year who may be playing on opening night. I want him on that first line with Dubie to maximize his minutes. I can't see him being chose to "center" the first line over Dubie. Thus the way to maximize his minutes is to put him on the wing with Dubie. Maybe with Cam as the speed bug to balance Jenner's heavy play against the boards or in front of the net. We need to maximize his minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad