GDT: PS Game #3| FLYERS at Toronto |Tue., Sep. 23, 2014| 7:30 p.m. ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
it was a dumb trade. He was young and still developing. Just another example of this franchise not showing any patience with their young players

It was a bad trade but the idea of trading JVR wasn't a horrible idea. JVR was a luxury & trade chip around the time of that trade. Homer just did a very poor job of assessing his worth.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Apparently Phaneuf is feeling himself since Hartnell isn't around. Couts needs to remind him what happened to Toews.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
I still feel like you don't win with players like JVR. Skilled as hell but inconsistent and soft.
He has been the picture of consistency in his time with the Leafs. Definitely not soft either as he is always bagging their goals in front of the net and is big and strong.

Maybe, just maybe, the inconsistency came from the fact that he was 23 and hadn't even played three full seasons in the league yet before he was traded by the Flyers

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Chris Schafer and I wanted Kadri + Schenn for JVR and stood our ground. A percentage of Leaf fans wanted an equal swap or JVR + for Schenn. We both know that powerforwards take awhile and this trade will only look worse as time goes on.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Chris Schafer and I wanted Kadri + Schenn for JVR and stood our ground. A percentage of Leaf fans wanted an equal swap or JVR + for Schenn. We both know that powerforwards take awhile and this trade will only look worse as time goes on.

I would have settled for Schenn & a future first rounder since theirs that year was a top 5 pick just to cover our end a little on it.

SgtJoseph*

But he's not helping the team win whatsoever. His only use is protecting prospects in the AHL where it's far more likely for people to take runs at them, in the NHL he has zero use.

In case you may not realize it, this is a pre- season game Bro..........I think its fair to say that he will most likely be in the AHL at the start of the season doing exactly what he is there for ......Meanwhile he has bought a little excitement to a few split squad pre season games........

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
  • Raffl looks big
  • My first time seeing Alderson and Alt, they book look pretty good.
  • Akeson is always fun to watch
  • Can definitely see how some of the rookies would benefit from another year in the minors
  • Havent been that impressed so far with Laughton hoping to see him do well
  • Gotta be patient with Morin, he is impressive but could definitely use a few more years in development

SgtJoseph*

what a stupid ****ing trade that was, Homer

Mean while the Flyers came 1 game from beating the team that went to the finals without JVR . The trade worked out for both clubs and it probably lit a fire under JVR's a$$ .

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Uh...gotta disagree with that one.

JVR G Simmonds
Schenn Couts Voracek
Raffl Vinny Read

That is 3 very good lines!

That is assuming JVR does take that step in development. I think he would have, but I don't know if you can just assume he would have become the same player if he just stayed in Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad