GDT: PS Game 1: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 9/21 7PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bjork Wennberg Hartnell

1. :laugh: Classic coach move. Commit to not changing up the lines so chemistry can develop. Then change up the lines by the second period.

2. Hartnell-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand was the first combo I proposed back when we started trying to fill in the blank after the Dano trade. Bjorkstrand might have more playmaking skill than any of our RW's.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That Ryan Murray attempt on the radio was hilarious

*in super excited voice*
Ryan Murray picks up the puck, hes a left handed shot. He goes left,he goes right back to the left he shoots!

*in a extremely disappointed sad voice*
Annnnnnnnnnd he misses...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Only saw the first two periods due to having to take my nephew home for his bedtime (he got to stay up somewhat late, but not too late - school night, after all).

He was asking a lot of questions so I didn't manage too many observations ( :D ) but IMO Paliotta looked pretty good. Wouldn't mind seeing him stick around a little longer. :)

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Back from game. Korpi was strong and looked great.

On the other hand, I was disappointed with Murray's game. I realize he is kind of a vet now so he gets a bit of a pass, but I was hoping he'd hit the ground running at a faster pace to start the preseason. At least he didn't get hurt.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Back from game. Korpi was strong and looked great.

On the other hand, I was disappointed with Murray's game. I realize he is kind of a vet now so he gets a bit of a pass, but I was hoping he'd hit the ground running at a faster pace to start the preseason. At least he didn't get hurt.

As far as I'm concerned, given that he's a lock, that's really his main goal for these games. Let the kids battle it out and not get broke.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I thought Milano, Pihlstrom (sp?), Korpisalo, Savard, and Bodnarchuk played well. Hartnell and Wennberg had some flashes too. I was really disappointed in Murray and was underwhelmed with Bjorkstrand.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I thought Milano, Pihlstrom (sp?), Korpisalo, Savard, and Bodnarchuk played well. Hartnell and Wennberg had some flashes too. I was really disappointed in Murray and was underwhelmed with Bjorkstrand.

I wasn't that impressed with Murray in that short stint he had last year. I know he was fighting injury and not playing, but he had the tendency to make a lot of mistakes. I thought a lot of the hype around him last year was due a lot to expectations and not his actual play. People's attitude towards him remind me of how people thought of John Moore, and I got flamed over and over when I suggested that I thought Savard was the better prospect (over Moore).

I'm not saying Murray won't be great, and his first year was great. What I'm saying is, that his mistakes seem to be largely ignored. Even look at the write up of the game. They mention how Murray was "born for the 3-3 format" and how good he looked in the extra five minutes but failed to mention how many rough mistakes he made during the regular game.

Murray missed 70 regular season games in 2014-15 due to injury issues, but he was a horse tonight. He led all players with 26:02 TOI spread over 32 shifts, and he looked like a player born to make things happen with the extra ice in overtime.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015010006&navid=DL|CBJ|home

Not saying Murray won't be great, but I do think that people saying he'll jump in and be our best defensemen right away are getting ahead of themselves. He's hardly played in the past year.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
We was 8-1-0 in last preseason or something like that. Then we failed start of regular season. In this year i will pay little attention to the pr.games and write my favorite-fire Richards,me need coaching change. The most important thing for me a good start of the reg.season. Shoutout Korpisalo(i absolutely don't be surprised if he is overplay Forsberg in the battle for number one for LEM) is good, did not score anything is bad. I'm glag hockey is back. Go, Jackets!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
We was 8-1-0 in last preseason or something like that. Then we failed start of regular season. In this year i will pay little attention to the pr.games and write my favorite-fire Richards,me need coaching change. The most important thing for me a good start of the reg.season. Shoutout Korpisalo(i absolutely don't be surprised if he is overplay Forsberg in the battle for number one for LEM) is good, did not score anything is bad. I'm glag hockey is back. Go, Jackets!

me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad