GDT: PS Game 1: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 9/21 7PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
I thought Milano, Pihlstrom (sp?), Korpisalo, Savard, and Bodnarchuk played well. Hartnell and Wennberg had some flashes too. I was really disappointed in Murray and was underwhelmed with Bjorkstrand.

Savard did look good very strong in all areas of the ice.
Bodnarchuk was very impressive ,strong skater really patient with the puck
Also lead the team wits SOG

Connauton was less than impressive struggled making passes
Seemed to be forcing passes to forwards rather than taking time to make the right play.

Still thought Murray was smooth and smart

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Savard did look good very strong in all areas of the ice.
Bodnarchuk was very impressive ,strong skater really patient with the puck
Also lead the team wits SOG

I have followed Bodnarchuk since he was in juniors, he is very poised with the puck. But he's listed at 5'10'' 189 and I saw David Perron really have his way down low, and he's only 6'0'' 200.

If Bodnarchuk was 6'1'' 200, he'd be a top 6 guy for sure, but he needs a physical partner to balance things out.

5thLiner

Didn't draft a Finn
Oct 14, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I know I'm rehashing what's already been said, but Murray had a rough night and Bjorkstrand really underwhelmed me. However, I'm not worried right now, it was the first preseason game of the year and they only had 3 days of camp beforehand. I think they'll be fine after a few games have been played.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
I have followed Bodnarchuk since he was in juniors, he is very poised with the puck. But he's listed at 5'10'' 189 and I saw David Perron really have his way down low, and he's only 6'0'' 200.

If Bodnarchuk was 6'1'' 200, he'd be a top 6 guy for sure, but he needs a physical partner to balance things out.

Bodnarchuk had the quickness and body position to win battles had no problem in net front coverage last night
Not sure how Perron had his way down low?

Bodnarchuk didn't loose many battles down low last night.
Saw other D struggling down low who were bigger

Getting to the puck first and making the first pass is imperative
I think most teams have a D like Bodnarchuk

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Saw the highlights on Facebook. There was a play where Bjorkstrand setup Milano that was ohhhhhhh so pretty except Milano hit the outside of the post with his backhand. Also saw a nice setup between Cam and Wennberg, I really think their gonna cluck well, that is if Bjorkstrand doesn't take that spot first.

I wouldn't be suprised if we see a heavy dose of the bubble players like Milano, Bjorkstrand, Rychel, Paliotta, Bodnarchuk, Chaput and maybe someone like Anderson

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Bodnarchuk a bubble player? In Cleveland?

He was listed as one of the 4 fighting for an NHL spot by Puckrakers

LOCKS (6): Kevin Connauton, Jack Johnson, Ryan Murray, Dalton Prout, David Savard, Fedor Tyutin.

BUBBLE (4): Andrew Bodnarchuk, Justin Falk, Cody Goloubef, Michael Paliotta.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He was listed as one of the 4 fighting for an NHL spot by Puckrakers

LOCKS (6): Kevin Connauton, Jack Johnson, Ryan Murray, Dalton Prout, David Savard, Fedor Tyutin.

BUBBLE (4): Andrew Bodnarchuk, Justin Falk, Cody Goloubef, Michael Paliotta.

Oh thanks I forgot Golo, but I think he's a lock for at least being the #7 if not fighting his way into the bottom 4.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Bodnarchuk had the quickness and body position to win battles had no problem in net front coverage last night
Not sure how Perron had his way down low?

Bodnarchuk didn't loose many battles down low last night.

Saw Perron out position/muscle him 2 times, not that it lead to anything.

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
Murray did not look sharp last night. I know it was game one, I just expected a little more out of the kid. Korpisalo was wonderful last night and he reminded me a little of Bob in the way that he moved. Excited for game two tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad