GDT: PS #6 | "Crescendo on the Wings" | Oilers @ Jets | 7.26.19 | 6:00PM | Streamed?

What will happen to AM34 this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Why wouldn't you like the Leafs they have 3 players apparently better than Draisaitl /s (according to TSN anyways)
;)

I think my opinion on the leafs is laudable. ;)

Not since 1967

50 mission gap

The only attention I pay the Leafs ever, at all, is in noting their latest failure to be anything significant as an NHL team, ever.

Funny and true story. I have NEVER bought a ticket to see the maple leafs player here. Not in 40years of NHL play.

I HAVE seen the Leafs play once when the wife and I schemed walking into the third period of a game against Chicago in 93. We walked back in with the smokers after noting that nobody was really checking tickets. We got to see the Leafs lose the game, went home happy, and we were only theres to see Maple Leaf Gardens, and not the Leafs. They didn't have tours so it was the only way we could get a look at the Gardens, which was at least interesting in a historical sense.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Why wouldn't you like the Leafs they have 3 players apparently better than Draisaitl /s (according to TSN anyways)
TSN actually ranked him pretty high. 11th ahead of Tavares and Marner.

They also have Matthews ridiculously high (6th) like they do every year.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I just can't fathom trusting Matt Benning to shelter anyone. And obviously playing him in the top 4 is an exceedingly bad idea.

It's not the rookies I'm necessarily concerned about, it's the pairing as a whole.
I'm of the mind that Benning is either going to be a the #7 guy or will be moved to another team (probably Winnipeg or Ottawa)

I was thinking

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - new guy
Russell/new guy - new guy/Russell
Benning/new guy(veteran)

It's not without risk, but it also gives them a chance to succeed, and this is where I trust Holland to find assistance if needed.
The other thing it lets the team to is the shorten to 4 defenseman, Nurse, Larsson, Russell & Klefbom if need be and Benning could play a bit in a pinch.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lots of hopefuls in the line up tonight. Defence looks horrid, but we do need to get some evaluation time in on these hopefuls.

Will need McDavid and Drai to will us to a win.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That was NHL.com. TSN had Drai at 16
upload_2019-9-26_12-38-36.jpeg

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Moron, Garbage, sh** reporter, RYAN RISHAUG (I hope he reads these forums) asks yet another 2 or 3 stupid moronic idiotic mundane questions about McDavid

HERRP DERRP WHY IS HE PLAYING?

DID HE ASK TO PLAY BECAUSE YOU GUYS SAID YOU ARE BEING CAUTIOUS?

FFS nimrod. Why don't you ask solid questions about systems, where and why you are using players, etc? I can't stand this guys questions. He gets paid to do this too lol

Reactions: The Oiler

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Don’t know if anyone posted this but it’s televised on TSN3.

Unfortunately, if you live outside Sask, MB and the Territories (*incl Nunanvut) the blackout restriction is in place-even for preseason games, which is pathetic if you ask me.

Attached is the TSN regions map.

Attachments

• TSN Regions.png
    TSN Regions.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 2

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Unfortunately, if you live outside Sask, MB and the Territories (*incl Nunanvut) the blackout restriction is in place-even for preseason games, which is pathetic if you ask me.

Hence why despite everyone else cheering sportsnets big money tv deal I was pissed when it happened. Taking away shared broadcast rights hurts us as fans.

We get access to less games at a lower production value because Sportsnet has no competition. TSN only owns the Jets because it was an additional sector to be added to the old one with expansion.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Kass - Connor - Neal
Nygard - Leon Draisaitl - BIG Burd
Jurco - RNH- Gagner/Chiasson
Gagner/Chiasson - Sheahan/Cave - Khaira

Forgive me, I know some of the wings are off here, but in my dreams this would someone work out and we would actually have a multiple line team capable of scoring on most shifts.

Connor can play with anyone. I have liked the way Neal has looked so far. Very effective in puck battles down low, rarely caught out of position. Makes smart plays. A veteran winger. Not something I'm particularly used to.

I really like that second line in theory. Drai beasts around with the puck, and either sets up Nygard flying down the wing, or Big Burd for a wicked wrist shot.

Nuge looks like he is going to keep up his great play from last year, and I think we could center a pretty solid 3rd line, definitely better then what we have seen in the past few season.

4th line is some combination of the rest that works their tails off and scores every 7-10 games.

Could also see one of the kids (Kailer, Benson, Marody) getting some time later in the season on that 3rd line, maybe replacing Jurco.

Now if we only had a goalie.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I really like the lineup tonight. It gives the skilled tweeners a chance to play in and I’m hoping it opens the door to us separating Draisaitl and McDavid.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Likely Winnipeg area only.

If you have the NHL package you can watch it, I have it on Bell and the NHL app.

Hence why despite everyone else cheering sportsnets big money tv deal I was pissed when it happened. Taking away shared broadcast rights hurts us as fans.

We get access to less games at a lower production value because Sportsnet has no competition. TSN only owns the Jets because it was an additional sector to be added to the old one with expansion.

Thats not true. TSN and SN have always had various exclusives on regional broadcast rights as those are sold by the team and not by the NHL.

TSN retained the regional broadcast rights for Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. SN has the regional rights for Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Prediction: Nygard and Burdasov both make the team based on a strong showing tonight and in Calgary. Jurco gets farmed and Haas goes back to the Swiss league.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
TSN actually ranked him pretty high. 11th ahead of Tavares and Marner.

They also have Matthews ridiculously high (6th) like they do every year.

Matthews is the only player I can recall who is regarded as one of the best of the league despite never showing off true elite talent. I get he’s a high end goal scorer apparently ,but needs to stay healthy and be among the top 5 in the league, he’s constantly compared to Mcdavid whereas he’s a strong tier below, I would take Eichel over him. Wasn’t it TSN who rated him in that top 50 players in the NHL before he had actually played a NHL game.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I think the final roster will be:

14 forwards:
McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Kassian
Chiasson
Khaira
Neal
Nygard
Archibald
Sheahan
Granlund
Cave
Gagner (could start in the PB or be waived)
Jurco

Burdasov I think will play decently tonight but sign elsewhere. It's a decision between two of Jurco, Burdasov and Gagner in my view. There should be some good competition for ice time and playing in the line up among the forwards.

Haas and Russell to the farm. Haas to Europe by November potentially.

7 D:
Klefbom
Russell
Nurse
Larsson
Benning
Bear
Lagesson
Persson on IR - then he is added to the line up when healthy and Lagesson goes down. Bear or Benning end up in the PB depending on their early play.

G: We know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad