GDT: PS #6 | "Crescendo on the Wings" | Oilers @ Jets | 7.26.19 | 6:00PM | Streamed?

What will happen to AM34 this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(0-0-0) --vs-- (0-0-0)

Game Day: Thursday September 26th 2019
Game Time: 6:00PM
Broadcast: Streamed

-----

extralarge.png

Tomas Jurco - Connor McDavid - James Neal
Joakim Nygard - Leon Draisaitl - Anton Burdasov
Jujhar Khaira - Colby Cave- Josh Archibald
Patrick Russell - Gaetan Haas - Zack Kassian

Oscar Klefbom - Ethan Bear
Kris Russell - Matt Benning
William Lagesson - Brandon Manning

Mike Smith

-----

extralarge.png

Nik Ehlers - Mark Schiefele - Kristian Vesalainen
Andrew Copp - David Gustafsson - Jack Roslovic
Joona Luoto - C.J. Suess - Mason Appleton
Mark Perreault - Mark Letestu - Gabriel Bourque

Nathan Beaulieu - Neal Pinok
Anthony Bitetto - Tucker Poolman
Ville Heinola - Dmitry Kulikov

Connor Hellebuyck
Laurent Brossoit

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Rosters are correct, lineups are a guess.

Last edited:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
AHAHAA

The D in this entire game looks AHL. I Can't really tell which team is worse.

"Sink or swim" time for Bear, Benning, Lagesson, and Manning.

Guessing they all sink, but we have to keep 2 of them up anyways.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Well I figured I'd have to wait until next month to see Connor this year, nice to see he's playing tonight.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
considering there's a good chance these preseason games are the most interesting games that will happen all year, I really hope there's a good streaming source tonight.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Jurco-Mcdavid-Neal top line tonight

Imagine if that line clicked along with Drai with Nygard and Burdasov.

That could throw a bit of a curveball into potential lineups. I want Nuge to find success with a partner, but he's actually done well with JJ when they play together. Maybe JJ-RNH-Chiasson/Kassian could be a pretty decent third line with RNH taking occasional trips up the lineup in games where the offense isn't clicking.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'll be blunt here. I don't believe Nygard is much of a player here. Too small, no hands, and no grit. All he's got is some wheels and without the talent to make plays at this level that isn't nearly enough game to interest me, in the slightest. Complete nothing player. Frankly, and theres no polite way to say this, but if you have players like Nygard in your topsix you still have gaping holes in the lineup.

Burdasov I have all kinds of patience for because he possesses a shot, shows me he knows where to go on the ice, and his play has been intriguing. All you get with nygard is him getting to a stretch pass only to fumble the puck or waste an apparent scoring chance.

I was hoping Haas could be something but looks like another pretender.

On a positive note P Russell has been all people could want and expect after last year and he should be in the bottomsix and is a reliable worker. I've liked seeing Sheahan as well. Still not completely sold on Colby Cave. Not anything specific but just that he's unlikely to ever add any support offense. He's pure fill.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Atleast the Jets D makes ours D look good. :)

You do have to feel bad for their fans though. If Buff retires, they'll have lost 4 of their top 5 defensemen from last year in terms of minutes played and their top paid D-man will be Kulikov who's minutes last year were that of a 6th d-man. Couple that with 2 of their top 4 scoring forwards also being out of the lineup. That's just a huge amount of talent to lose in an offseason.

In one off-season they went from having one of the deepest right sides on defense to possibly the thinnest.

North

Jun 25, 2009
AHAHAA

The D in this entire game looks AHL. I Can't really tell which team is worse.

"Sink or swim" time for Bear, Benning, Lagesson, and Manning.

Guessing they all sink, but we have to keep 2 of them up anyways.

Well Winnipeg’s d is pretty much that without Morrissey. Who knows what’s happening with Byfuglien.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad